• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reunification (NOT): the Israeli "left" never fails to disgust

Justanatheist

I know what Harel thinks God's plan is, I'm asking you.
Sorry I just deal in facts with politics I do not offer my opinion. That those facts might be unpalatable to some is not my problem. Now if you wish to argue about the historical fact that the British were driven out of Palestine by terrorism I will be happy to debate it.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry I just deal in facts with politics I do not offer my opinion. That those facts might be unpalatable to some is not my problem. Now if you wish to argue about the historical fact that the British were driven out of Palestine by terrorism I will be happy to debate it.
We had no right to be in Israel in the first place anymore than we had a right to be in India or Egypt or Sudan or Cyprus or anywhere else we forced our way into.

Justanatheist

So have you anything useful to add or are you just here to annoy the hell out of folks?
Calm down, I was asking the other poster about gods plan on a religious forum. It was an interesting discussion, sorry if you cannot cope that I will not offer opinions on politics, life is like that.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
So was that all part of your gods plan, not a very nice one was it?
Life generally is not fluffy bunnies and marshmallows, if you get my gist. We'll have to wait and see what parts of history came down to the plan and what parts were caused by man's free will.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Calm down, I was asking the other poster about gods plan on a religious forum. It was an interesting discussion, sorry if you cannot cope that I will not offer opinions on politics, life is like that.
I'm not angry, you just don't seem interested in discussion at all and were making facetious remarks that meant nothing. It's very tiresome.

Reactions: CBM

Justanatheist

I'm not angry, you just don't seem interested in discussion at all and were making facetious remarks that meant nothing. It's very tiresome.
Ignore it then, I assume you are adult enough, no one makes you read it. Try to be a bit more tolerant of other posters. Good Night.

Justanatheist

Life generally is not fluffy bunnies and marshmallows, if you get my gist. We'll have to wait and see what parts of history came down to the plan and what parts were caused by man's free will.
Yes, sometimes it is like there is no god at all and it is just man using made up gods to kill each other for other reasons.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It seemed to me as though you were coming off as antagonistic to Judaism and Israel, as these threads tend to be (as is already the case in this one, too).
I made a short post on the subject, by the way:

You may have missed when I quoted Kaballah especially the Baal Shem Tov because to my surprise I found much of what I accept from an Eastern perspective also present there. Also the Shema's "the Lord is One" is my belief as well. My parents were atheists but my cousins attended a Conservative Temple.

Beyond that, as a follower of Meher Baba, my attitude toward Judaism is informed by his final colophon which puts the Star of David on an equal footing as Christianity, Islam, Hindism, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism.

As far as Israel goes, I disagree with the Israeli right, especially what Netanyahu stood for and did. My parents came from the Shtetl with a history of pogroms and I consequently have a very strong negative reaction to any group being treated as second class citizens and that explicitly includes Israeli Arabs as well as those in the West Bank.

When Israel does it, it loses legitimacy in my eyes. She regained some of that with the current improbable unstable but slightly hopeful government. So I'm not anti-Israel but I am utterly opposed to some of her policies.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From my historical perspective, the Irgun's terrorism including blowing up the King David Hotel did not drive Britain out of the area. What happened there was part of a much larger anti-colonial historical time including Africa, India and other areas.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as Israel goes, I disagree with the Israeli right, especially what Netanyahu stood for and did. My parents came from the Shtetl with a history of pogroms and I consequently have a very strong negative reaction to any group being treated as second class citizens and that explicitly includes Israeli Arabs as well as those in the West Bank.
Arabs in Judea and Samaria are not second class citizens because they're not citizens at all. Not of Israel, at least. As for the treatment of Israeli Arabs - some things need to be fixed, that's for sure. But you probably think that Arabs deserve the right of citizenship per the Law of Return, right? I can't agree with you on that.

Justanatheist

From my historical perspective, the Irgun's terrorism including blowing up the King David Hotel did not drive Britain out of the area. What happened there was part of a much larger anti-colonial historical time including Africa, India and other areas.
118. The attitude of the Administration to the maintenance of public security in present circumstances was stated to the Committee in the following terms:132/

"The right of any community to use force as a means of gaining its political ends is riot admitted in the British Commonwealth. Since the beginning of 1945 the Jews have implicitly claimed this right and have supported by an organized campaign of lawlessness, murder and sabotage their contention that, whatever other interests might be concerned, nothing should be allowed to stand in the way of a Jewish State and free Jewish immigration into Palestine. It is true that large numbers of Jews do not today attempt to defend the crimes that have been committed in the name of these political aspirations. They recognize the damage caused' to their good name by these methods in the court of world opinion. Nevertheless, the Jewish community of Palestine still publicly refuses its help to the Administration in suppressing terrorism, on the ground that the Administration's policy is opposed to Jewish interests. The converse of this attitude is clear, and its result, however much the Jewish leaders themselves may not wish it, has been to give active encouragement to the dissidents and freer scope to their activities."
A/364 of 3 September 1947

Do you have any evidence for your opinions?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just saw this story which perfectly illustrates what I see as wrong in Israel today: Palestinians Hope Israel's New Government Will Bring Progress To This Poor Town

"We have nothing in this village, nothing," says Dr. Ayyat Rageh, who works at an elite hospital in Tel Aviv but is back in Jisr al-Zarqa for a reunion with childhood friends, who are also doctors. The friends chime in saying the village needs land, buildings, streets, money and jobs.
The village is increasingly hemmed in by Jewish Israeli towns. Human Rights Watch has reported that the Israeli government uses discriminatory land policies that allow Jewish citizens to expand their areas while the policies restrict Arab citizens to smaller, densely populated communities in Israel, like Jisr al-Zarqa.