• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Return to Covered Women

Ellen Brown

Primarily out of grinding frustration I am wondering if it would be best for women to return to covering, as in Abaya and Niqab. It seems unlikely that some men will ever learn to think for themselves and learn to control their own savage impulses.

In my own area, today there were no less than six women murdered by them today.

I've worn such garments, and if the feminists would just shut up, they aren't bad at all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Primarily out of grinding frustration I am wondering if it would be best for women to return to covering, as in Abaya and Niqab. It seems unlikely that some men will ever learn to think for themselves and learn to control their own savage impulses.

I've worn such garments, and if the feminists would just shut up, they aren't bad at all.
Some young ladies enjoy showing off their bodies. Some men enjoy it when young women do this. Why should others suffer because some cannot control themselves? It would be better to deal with those that abuse women, who are likely to do so regardless of how they dress. If all women were covered up then they would attack covered women.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The mindset that women are responsible for male urges and behaviors strikes me as demeaning to both men and women. Besides, there is no evidence that rape and molestation are less in "covered societies" than they are in "uncovered societies". But covered societies tend to have stricter controls on reporting such things than more open, uncovered societies. Or to put it less nicely, closed, covered societies tend to hide the true prevalence of crimes, including rape and molestation.

When my cousins lived in Saudi Arabia, they feared traveling by taxi alone because of the prevalence of lone women being raped by their drivers. This was widely known to the women in their community, but not a word of it was published in the media.

In America, rapes and molestations are much more often reported than in Saudi Arabia, but women here do not usually need to fear their cab drivers.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I see no reason whatever that women should have to cover themselves up any more than men should. Men are attracted to women (mostly, though not always) and women are mostly attracted to men. That is in our natures, so why hide it?

But it is true that men often act more aggressively on their attractions. So perhaps women should dress as they please but always have a handy can of pepper spray (or stronger remedy), for the idiot men who somehow missed the lesson that you don't touch anybody who doesn't want to be touched.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The mindset that women are responsible for male urges and behaviors strikes me as demeaning to both men and women. Besides, there is no evidence that rape and molestation are less in "covered societies" than they are in "uncovered societies". But covered societies tend to have stricter controls on reporting such things than more open, uncovered societies.

When my cousins lived in Saudi Arabia, they feared traveling by taxi alone because of the prevalence of lone women being raped by their drivers. This was widely known to the women in their community, but not a word of it was published in the media.
Lara Logan was gang raped by a crowd in Egypt and there's a video of a woman being gang raped in Libya.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
At no point in freeing those wrongfully imprisoned is the answer to their safety to shut the prison door.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

As we strive for equality for women and we're not there yet in the west, I don't see why a Woman should do anything about covering up,i think it's counter productive.

Ellen Brown

Some young ladies enjoy showing off their bodies. Some men enjoy it when young women do this. Why should others suffer because some cannot control themselves? It would be better to deal with those that abuse women, who are likely to do so regardless of how they dress. If all women were covered up then they would attack covered women.

Yes, and in areas where women are covered, they find all sorts of ways to abuse them.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It would be easier for women to conceal/carry that way.
There are those that say that one is more likely to be hurt with their own weapon but I disagree, through thorough training and keeping it up like any martial art, responses become automatic. Though there are many ways to attempt to avoid confrontations but if it comes down to it the best equalizer for a woman may be a firearm.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member

I disagree. It is about time women start arming themselves and have real training.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
. It seems unlikely that some men will ever learn to think for themselves and learn to control their own savage impulses.
I dare not imagine where u live.
Where I live women desperately wear shorter and shorter miniskirts to be noticed by their male friends\colleagues.
Nowadays a woman has to be half-naked to draw their attention

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

I dare not imagine where u live.
Where I live women desperately wear shorter and shorter miniskirts to be noticed by their male friends\colleagues.
Nowadays a woman has to be half-naked to draw their attention

I live in NW America. To me, the most outrageous are the leggings that seem molded on. Women, are born to seek approval from men (Genesis 3:16) I'm so old that it doesn't matter now.