• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rethinking things

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I use...... Nothing but myself...
All you use is to help your Imagination, if you drink from a grail the black waters of Nun you can do it real or imaginary... If you light the Black Flame you can also do it real or imaginary...
All you use is meaningless without the Magicians Interpretaion. So you can use in Magical Work as much as you wish when give all the little things a Sense when you fill them with ideas, and you can also use nothing when your imagination is powerfull enough. That you can also read in the GBM Part of Aquinos Black Magic :) not with the same words but nearby ;)

Perfectly stated.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
If you want to do changes to something which has parts fitting to you... DO IT Take what fit's throw the rest away and fill it with your own Words/Phrases/Symbols
There is no need to use words from others, nor is this a wish from ToS that you akt like a parrot... Are you a consumer or a Worker at yourself?

I do not exactly "use words from others," unless if it is a rite such as self Liberation or perhaps initiation or psychodrama. I tend to use conjurations creatively without copying the persons words. I may however perform a ritual given from a book. I try not to be the consumer at large I can however be both at the same time. But I am a free thinker on my own, I do not wish to join an organization to complete something on which I have completed within my self. I do not wish to rise up among ranks such as "Adept," or "Magistor," unless if I feel if it's necessary to do this independently on whatever suites me.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
This is the key to Setian Magick, create your own rites, use your own words, for you are the source of your own Magick, not some demon or a rite written by some other Magickian -- but you and you alone. It is your own force of mind and will that makes it all a reality. The rite is the subjective expression of the individual Magickians creative Will and making it crystalized in the fabric of the objective universe.

Iv'e always tended to hesitate a bit on developing a rite of my own passage. Iv'e always tried to study archetypes and cross out the history of the culture. My brain gets tired a lot from my studies quite a bit I view the WLHP as gaining knowledge perhaps. But I always think before I try to rush into things.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I haven't seen any rituals in an Aquino book... Maybe try Seven Faces of Darkness by Webb?

Iv'e read his seven faces of darkness before, like I said on my previous post "I find his frame rite useful," but I do not necessarily find his spells to add being useful." I do however improvise a lot during ritual such as visualizing the Pentagram of Set seeing it transform to earth and by visualizing my enemies and the change its causing.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Iv'e read his seven faces of darkness before, like I said on my previous post "I find his frame rite useful," but I do not necessarily find his spells to add being useful." I do however improvise a lot during ritual such as visualizing the Pentagram of Set seeing it transform to earth and by visualizing my enemies and the change its causing.

I've never liked spells, in fact a half spell book is usually a turn off for me. I did write one based on the pyramid texts though:

Greetings to Khepri who created himself, who comes into being in thy name of Khepri. I have come into being. Nephthys praises me: “you have equipped yourself as the Great-in-magic, Set. Nothing is lacking in thee, nothing ceases with thee. You are more glorious and powerful than the gods of Egypt and their spirits. You are equipped as Set, who mightily broke forth. Set, who is more powerful than his father. If you go Horus goes, if you speak Set speaks.”

Horus has caused me to recognize Set in myself without him getting away, to seize the hand of Set without him escaping. My arms are like those of Set when he ascends and lifts himself to the sky. I have escaped the day of my death as Set escaped the day of his death. I am as Set, who once suffered want and decided to live on the being of every god, who ate their entrails when they were full of magic. I send Khonsu to slaughter the gods and bring me their entrails, Khonsu is the messenger I send forth to punish. I have thrown Osiris to the ground, I have left Horus behind me. Nuit opens the heavens to me and places me among the imperishable stars. I look down upon Osiris, I stand far from him. I am not of them, I shall not be of them. Let not Osiris come in his evil coming, do not open your arms for him, let him be gone.

I ascend to the heavens and the heavens rejoice for me. The earth quakes for me, the storm roars for me. I howl like Set and the doors of heaven open for me between the two thighs of Nuit. Set and Nephthys announce me to the gods: “he has come as an imperishable spirit, if he wishes your death you shall die.”

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I've never liked spells, in fact a half spell book is usually a turn off for me.

A book containing half a spell in my own opinion does at times turns me on, however I tend to find remembering the steps of rituals to be important especially devices such as the phallus and bell etc. But I do not copy down spells unless if it's productive for destructive means on that I wish to cause. But at times I may choose to develop my own conjuration during a rite.

Premium Member
Michael Ford is filled with rituals, but I could barely choke my way through the start of his books, even the one on Egyptian magic, without returning it.

Premium Member
A book containing half a spell in my own opinion does at times turns me on, however I tend to find remembering the steps of rituals to be important especially devices such as the phallus and bell etc. But I do not copy down spells unless if it's productive for destructive means on that I wish to cause. But at times I may choose to develop my own conjuration during a rite.

I more meant I hate those books that are half theory, half a bunch of spells and rituals. Such as Seven Faces of Darkness.

Ahanit

But I am a free thinker on my own, I do not wish to join an organization to complete something on which I have completed within my self.
I am also a free thinker... And have complete many tasks before entering ToS and after leaving, now I think again about entering... Not because of complete things which are completed by my self, not for completing anything, but for the inspiration, for new ideas which may give me new tasks on my way forward... No one, no group, no Book can help you to complete anything, they can only inspire you.... You have completed part of the great task called live, but I don't think all, because when you have completed them all for what discussing here?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am wandering if he tends to add a GBM working in a few of his books?

Actually Michael Aquino ghost wrote some of the rituals in the "Satanic Rituals" -- "The Ceremony of the Nine Angles", "The Call to Cthulhu", and the adult Satanic baptism ceremony. You can also find some of his rites in his book "The Church of Satan".

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I will also say this; there have been times when I felt strongly emotionally about doing something, but every instinct and intuition within my being would shout "NO!! Don't do it!!" And I heeded that advice. Taking chances in life is a good thing and can at times be a big gamble, but if you have the right instincts you can either bless yourself with great achievement or save yourself from total disaster. I have learned over the years to trust my instincts and intuition, they have never let me down.

Premium Member
I will also say this; there have been times when I felt strongly emotionally about doing something, but every instinct and intuition within my being would shout "NO!! Don't do it!!" And I heeded that advice. Taking chances in life is a good thing and can at times be a big gamble, but if you have the right instincts you can either bless yourself with great achievement or save yourself from total disaster. I have learned over the years to trust my instincts and intuition, they have never let me down.

That's something I've noticed more and more. Xeper isn't just about "doing new things". In fact, I think the problem I've had with applying to the ToS is the focus on Xeper and Set, without Thelema and Horus. If we just act as Set, without the vision of Horus, we're doomed to pure chaos. Xeper yes, but in line with your true will and rational thought.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Actually Michael Aquino ghost wrote some of the rituals in the "Satanic Rituals" -- "The Ceremony of the Nine Angles", "The Call to Cthulhu", and the adult Satanic baptism ceremony. You can also find some of his rites in his book "The Church of Satan".

Thanks.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
That's something I've noticed more and more. Xeper isn't just about "doing new things". In fact, I think the problem I've had with applying to the ToS is the focus on Xeper and Set, without Thelema and Horus. If we just act as Set, without the vision of Horus, we're doomed to pure chaos. Xeper yes, but in line with your true will and rational thought.

When I was a member of the Temple I and other Setians were/are of the understanding that the collective "sub-conscious" mind of humanity is the Consciousness of Horus (HarWer). Horus by itself is irrational, chaotic, and immature. The Consciousness of Set within us brings balance, order, and rational thought. Horus is the result of the infusion of the non-natural Gift of the Black Flame within our natural racial human DNA.

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun (Horus) and the Dark Fire of Set." - The Word of Set

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
When I was a member of the Temple I and other Setians were/are of the understanding that the collective "sub-conscious" mind of humanity is the Consciousness of Horus. Horus by itself is irrational, chaotic, and immature. The Consciousness of Set within us brings balance, order, and rational thought. Horus is the result of the infusion of the non-natural Gift of the Black Flame within our natural racial human DNA.

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun (Horus) and the Dark Fire of Set." - The Word of Set

In other words, Horus is the Enlightened human mind and will; I am aware of my self, I have freedom of mind and will, I can throw lightning bolts all over the place. And it is through the Consciousness of Set that we can achieve direction, understanding, balance, and discipline in our individual quests and paths toward absolute divine Self-hood.

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
There is one paradox (among others) that I haven't been able to resolve without the concept of a greater conciousness. That is, why do I see this:
parrot1.jpg

Instead of this:
parrot2.jpg

I rigged those images so that the apparent luminosity between them is nearly the same, and only the color differs. Color perception seems entirely unnatural to me, giving weight to the concept of a conciousness that is separate from the natural universe and does not obey the laws thereof.

Onyx

Premium Member
I'm not sure where I am on the matter of theism concerning the "Prince of Darkness".

Since invoking the Black Flame of Set, and doing much research, a reawakening of creativity has occurred unlike anything I've experienced in a long time. This coincided with knowing and correcting the cause of some ongoing sickness, and thus my mind and body are improving in tandem.

It wouldn't be very logical for the "origin of consciousness" not to be "alive" in some sense of the term. But as Mr. Spock might say, "Fascinating. Pure energy. Pure thought. Totally incorporeal. Not life as we know it at all."

So then, has Set become so abstract that it has become more of a law of nature than an actual deity? Am I going too far with all of this?

Kinda confused, could use some guidance here.

Last edited: