• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rethinking things

Onyx

Premium Member
I can no longer deny that I have experienced Xeper throughout my life. I remember one distinct moment when I arrived at a solution to an important problem. I feel that the answer was given to me, and it represented a quantum-leap in my understanding. Just one of many similar examples.

I'm being invited to climb up this big stair in front of me with both hands and both feet. Something is encouraging me to not only become more, but a lot more than I've dared to become in the past.

Where do I go from here?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I can no longer deny that I have experienced Xeper throughout my life. I remember one distinct moment when I arrived at a solution to an important problem. I feel that the answer was given to me, and it represented a quantum-leap in my understanding. Just one of many similar examples.

I'm being invited to climb up this big stair in front of me with both hands and both feet. Something is encouraging me to not only become more, but a lot more than I've dared to become in the past.

Where do I go from here?

Hey Onyx, you might want to read this essay by Don Webb the Second Magus of Xeper, you may find some answers in it. :smileycat:

https://xeper.org/pub/pub_dw_xeper.html

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adra Melek\

Onyx

Premium Member
I read that article (and more), thank you. I see some errors in my former mindset now.

I will no longer be bound by the prescribed doctrines of yesteryear, and will soon invoke the name of Set as the true representative of Freedom and Knowledge.

Onyx

Premium Member
I've been a Satanist for a long time, but more of the philosophical type, with occasional dabblings in magic. I'm not afraid to go down dark corridors, but this one has reached a dead-end.

Over the past day or so, I've been reading Black Magic, and can definitely relate to having explored other options only to come up short on answers. What began as a physical journey now must extend into the metaphysical, and I can appreciate the careful, rational, and scientific approach presented in this text.

Last night I declared my own Invocation to Set, and settled the issue of religion in my mind. I don't think it would be prudent for me to join the Temple of Set at this time, but it may be possible in a year or two.

Until then, I will be cautious in my dark pursuits.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I've been a Satanist for a long time, but more of the philosophical type, with occasional dabblings in magic. I'm not afraid to go down dark corridors, but this one has reached a dead-end.

Over the past day or so, I've been reading Black Magic, and can definitely relate to having explored other options only to come up short on answers. What began as a physical journey now must extend into the metaphysical, and I can appreciate the careful, rational, and scientific approach presented in this text.

Last night I declared my own Invocation to Set, and settled the issue of religion in my mind. I don't think it would be prudent for me to join the Temple of Set at this time, but it may be possible in a year or two.

Yes, this. Shows noble good judgment on your part Onyx, keep up the good work. :smilecat:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

Where do I go from here?

I was able to predict that you will one day Xeper through the black flame of self realization, I would recommend you to tread along the way and discover it.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

I am more or less of the philosophical type of the LHP, I have however primarily evolved. I do to that extent perform Magick unless if I have the desire to do so. I have at times felt something inside of me on occasions. Do I believe that Magick primarily works? I primarily believe that it can work unless if you have the desire to do so and if it's done correctly. I have personally read the book Black Magic by Dr. Aquino, my only grudge that I primarily have on his writings of the book is that he tends to go off subject. Even though Iv'e always had an interest of the Temple of Set I do not agree with their structures of degrees. But what is interesting is even though I am not afraid to do Magic and to explore the forbidden path, I may at times become afraid of magic but in my own viewpoints I believe that the more you tread through the adversarial path the more you can feel the power of freedom and the ego surge inside of you.

"The Left Hand Path is a path for the intellects, philosophers, and Magicians alike." - Sutekh

"We are a brotherhood among the path." -Sutekh

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
I think have more clarity now. I'm a Satanist, but one that wishes to sample the various wines without sniffing the corks first.

I have been unable to maintain a belief in Set as a real diety, but Xeper and Remanifest are valid concepts to me which I will continue to explore.

This is my Black Flame, reserved in honor of Set. The use of a plasma globe might seem odd to some, but I generally like these sorts of electronic gadgets instead of candles.
black_flame.jpg

I made this Egyptian-themed pendant in high school, wore it during my recent Invocation, and am reserving it for that purpose in the future.
set.jpg

I should re-iterate my appreciation of cautiousness in magic. I've made mistakes in this regard, especially with what I would call "mental workings" that don't have visual/audio constructs. It's easy to lose focus and become fixated on the wrong things.

The recommendation is often made of going into your "astral temple" or "chamber of the mind" if there is no suitable place for ritual. Bad advice in my view, unless you have a strong enough will to handle your own demons.

I appreciate the LHP's on this forum and hope to continue to expand my knowledge and understanding, thank you.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
This is my Black Flame, reserved in honor of Set. The use of a plasma globe might seem odd to some, but I generally like these sorts of electronic gadgets instead of candles.

This is awesome Onyx, the use of plasma globes, Tesla coils, black lights, and other electronics during ritual workings -- sort of turning ritual chambers into "mad labs" is of great interest to the Order of the Trapezoid in the Temple of Set. :smilecat:

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
This is awesome Onyx, the use of plasma globes, Tesla coils, and other electronics during ritual workings -- sort of turning ritual chambers into "mad labs" is of great interest to the Order of the Trapezoid in the Temple of Set. :smilecat:

Interesting, I normally use candles and the sigil of Samael and Lilith during my occasional workings.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I am wandering if Aquino lays out a GBM ritual where you invoke Seth and drink from the Grail? I believe I may have stumbled on that on his book Black Magic however I think I did not quite understand of what he meant? I am wandering if he tends to add a GBM working in a few of his books? I recall stumbling on a comment while getting his Temple of Set volume 1 book where a person lays out a simple working on the comment made.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Interesting, I normally use candles and the sigil of Samael and Lilith during my occasional workings.

I usually use two black candles, symbolizing the dark light, and a can of sterno, symbolizing the Black Flame centered beneath the Pentagram of Set during my workings.

Ahanit

I use...... Nothing but myself...
All you use is to help your Imagination, if you drink from a grail the black waters of Nun you can do it real or imaginary... If you light the Black Flame you can also do it real or imaginary...
All you use is meaningless without the Magicians Interpretaion. So you can use in Magical Work as much as you wish when give all the little things a Sense when you fill them with ideas, and you can also use nothing when your imagination is powerfull enough. That you can also read in the GBM Part of Aquinos Black Magic :) not with the same words but nearby ;)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am wandering if Aquino lays out a GBM ritual where you invoke Seth and drink from the Grail? I believe I may have stumbled on that on his book Black Magic however I think I did not quite understand of what he meant? I am wandering if he tends to add a GBM working in a few of his books? I recall stumbling on a comment while getting his Temple of Set volume 1 book where a person lays out a simple working on the comment made.

I good many Setians have composed their own Grail rituals, this one is mine.

Raise the Graal before the Pentagram of Set and motion the symbol of the Nine Angles and speak the invocation:

full

By the Symbol of my Creation I swear henceforth to be a faithful disciple of the Dark Lord Set,
Whose holy Name I have taken as a part of my Self.
I pledge to for ever walk the Path of the Left-Hand in search of the knowledge,
Truth, and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness.
Open wide the Gates of the Abyss that the Black Flame may illuminate the way
And guide me in my quest for the Infernal Graal.

Hail, Set!

Faithfulness beyond Death!

Drink from the Graal.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I use...... Nothing but myself...
All you use is to help your Imagination, if you drink from a grail the black waters of Nun you can do it real or imaginary... If you light the Black Flame you can also do it real or imaginary...
All you use is meaningless without the Magicians Interpretaion. So you can use in Magical Work as much as you wish when give all the little things a Sense when you fill them with ideas, and you can also use nothing when your imagination is powerfull enough. That you can also read in the GBM Part of Aquinos Black Magic :) not with the same words but nearby ;)

I am a bit desperate nowadays, Iv'e lately been doing many studies of some organizations of the LHP in general. However I have been looking for Egyptian Magick lately, by adding it as my main workings. I find the frame rite from Don Webb useful but I do not find all of his spells useful. I prefer to instead add my own spells creatively. I have been thinking about putting aside my study's of an organization that I tend to find an interest in, I cannot go further about the organization given the fact that it is prohibited on this dir. But I am currently reading Michael Fords Egyptian Sethanic Magick, I do not agree with his view of deific masks, but I find some of it perhaps useful.

Ahanit

I find the frame rite from Don Webb useful but I do not find all of his spells useful. I prefer to instead add my own spells creatively. .
I am not sure if I have got your point , please excuse me if I have misunderstood your words, but I have only english learned in School...
If you want to do changes to something which has parts fitting to you... DO IT Take what fit's throw the rest away and fill it with your own Words/Phrases/Symbols
There is no need to use words from others, nor is this a wish from ToS that you akt like a parrot... Are you a consumer or a Worker at yourself?

I have studied many paths RHP and LHP, I took what I needed and used it... the rest was and is irrelevant. I think you have to give somthing back for those part bring you further but this does not mean that you have to agree with anything don't feels right to you.

I cannot go further about the organization given the fact that it is prohibited on this dir
I do not really understand that sentence

Onyx

Premium Member
This is awesome Onyx, the use of plasma globes, Tesla coils, and other electronics during ritual workings -- sort of turning ritual chambers into "mad labs" is of great interest to the Order of the Trapezoid in the Temple of Set. :smilecat:
Yeah this is the direction I'm going in. Lights, lasers, prisms, geometry, projectors, planetariums, black lights, fluorite rocks, etc.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am a bit desperate nowadays, Iv'e lately been doing many studies of some organizations of the LHP in general. However I have been looking for Egyptian Magick lately, by adding it as my main workings. I find the frame rite from Don Webb useful but I do not find all of his spells useful. I prefer to instead add my own spells creatively.

This is the key to Setian Magick, create your own rites, use your own words, for you are the source of your own Magick, not some demon or a rite written by some other Magickian -- but you and you alone. It is your own force of mind and will that makes it all a reality. The rite is the subjective expression of the individual Magickians creative Will, and hence its crystallization into the fabric of the objective universe.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

I haven't seen any rituals in an Aquino book... Maybe try Seven Faces of Darkness by Webb?