• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resurrection of the Dead

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
She evidently is new to her faith and does not have a answer. Maybe in time she will mature with some knowledge of what it is to be LDS and act accordingly.
:biglaugh:Trying to shame me into getting into a dialogue with S-word now, I see. Listen, S-word has said some extremely rude things about my beliefs in another thread, and made absolutely no attempt to carry on a respectful conversation. His language was crude and abusive, and was clearly intended to be insulting and hurtful. I decided then and there that I would not engage in further conversations with him. So, you can knock off trying to make me look the the bad guy here. I have always made it a practice to treat other posters with the same respect with which they treat me. When that requires that I stoop below a certain level, though, I will simply choose to not respond at all.

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

:biglaugh:Trying to shame me into getting into a dialogue with S-word now, I see. Listen, S-word has said some extremely rude things about my beliefs in another thread, and made absolutely no attempt to carry on a respectful conversation. His language was crude and abusive, and was clearly intended to be insulting and hurtful. I decided then and there that I would not engage in further conversations with him. So, you can knock off trying to make me look the the bad guy here. I have always made it a practice to treat other posters with the same respect with which they treat me. When that requires that I stoop below a certain level, though, I will simply choose to not respond at all.

May it be possible to have a link to such so that we can see for ourselves what was said and what insults were passed along? I just find it very hard to believe that this man could do such a thing. Sure I have just met him but he has only met me with great respect and maturity. You I have only seen insult him just about each time that I have seen and have only seen him try to carry on a discussion as to your beliefs. Unless I can see the other then I have to assume that your accusations are false. Wheres the proof of you accusations? :confused:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Unless I can see the other then I have to assume that your accusations are false. Wheres the proof of you accusations? :confused:
I guess you'll have to go with your assumption then, because I'm not going to derail this thread to satisfy your curiosity. I've explained why I refuse to get into a conversation with S-word, and you don't believe I'm justified. There's nothing more to say. Now why don't you just get back to the topic of the OP and I'll move on to other threads.

S-word

She evidently is new to her faith and does not have a answer. Maybe in time she will mature with some knowledge of what it is to be LDS and act accordingly.

God cursed not the creation, nor the animals within the creation, nor man the Most High, but ignorance and ignorance alone.

One cannot be expected to know the truth if they refuse to acknowledge that Jesus came as a human being, or have been deceived into believing that any book written by Joseph Smith has the truth of salvation recorded within it's pages. But surely such people know that there are many Gods, Psalms 82: 1,"God presides in the heavenly council, in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions."

Even the ants have a godhead, each hive of a particular species or sub-species, being built to a specific design by the godhead, not one of the ants involved in the construction, have a clue as to the end result of their labours, and the architect is not some glorious being who hovers over the hive, for he dwells in the inner demension within the species itself.

Mankind is the Most High of all the species in the creation, which is pervaded by the Logos who is the divine animating principle of the Cosmos, and The Son of Man is the spirit that develops within the body of the Most High within the creation, the first in the creation who is able to comprehand the invisible 'I AM' that is he, who is the supreme personality of all the godheads that preceded him, but the Logos, the living God who sends his blessings on the righteous and wicked alike, is the compilation of all the godheads, and it sickens me to the stomach to hear the ignorant teaching that corrupts the minds of our children, that the omnificent, omni-present, omni-potent God should be worshiped in the form of a mortal man.

Roman 1: 18, "God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known. God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain in the creation, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature are clearly seen; they are perceived in the creation itself which is the visible likeness of the invisible God. So these people have no excuse at all! They know God, the omnificent, the omni-present, the omni=potent, but they do not give him the honour that belongs to him, nor do they thank him. Instead, their thoughts have become complete nonsense, and their empty minds are filled with darkness. They say they are wise, but they are fools; instead of worshipping the imortal God, they worship images (Whether mental, metal or wood or stone) that are made to look like mortal man etc.

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I guess you'll have to go with your assumption then, because I'm not going to derail this thread to satisfy your curiosity. I've explained why I refuse to get into a conversation with S-word, and you don't believe I'm justified. There's nothing more to say. Now why don't you just get back to the topic of the OP and I'll move on to other threads.

O.k. then what does LDS say about what was resurected being LDS is your religion and the OP wants to know what it has to say about resurection and being something has to be resurected for there to be a resurection then what was it? :D

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

God cursed not the creation, nor the animals within the creation, nor man the Most High, but ignorance and ignorance alone.

One cannot be expected to know the truth if they refuse to acknowledge that Jesus came as a human being, or have been deceived into believing that any book written by Joseph Smith has the truth of salvation recorded within it's pages. But surely such people know that there are many Gods, Psalms 82: 1,"God presides in the heavenly council, in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions."

Even the ants have a godhead, each hive of a particular species or sub-species, being built to a specific design by the godhead, not one of the ants involved in the construction, have a clue as to the end result of their labours, and the architect is not some glorious being who hovers over the hive, for he dwells in the inner demension within the species itself.

Mankind is the Most High of all the species in the creation, which is pervaded by the Logos who is the divine animating principle of the Cosmos, and The Son of Man is the spirit that develops within the body of the Most High within the creation, the first in the creation who is able to comprehand the invisible 'I AM' that is he, who is the supreme personality of all the godheads that preceded him, but the Logos, the living God who sends his blessings on the righteous and wicked alike, is the compilation of all the godheads, and it sickens me to the stomach to hear the ignorant teaching that corrupts the minds of our children, that the omnificent, omni-present, omni-potent God should be worshiped in the form of a mortal man.

Roman 1: 18, "God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known. God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain in the creation, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature are clearly seen; they are perceived in the creation itself which is the visible likeness of the invisible God. So these people have no excuse at all! They know God, the omnificent, the omni-present, the omni=potent, but they do not give him the honour that belongs to him, nor do they thank him. Instead, their thoughts have become complete nonsense, and their empty minds are filled with darkness. They say they are wise, but they are fools; instead of worshipping the imortal God, they worship images (Whether mental, metal or wood or stone) that are made to look like mortal man etc.

Brother I know your pain. But please feel some comfort for it is just for a little while longer and then all shall be exposed and all will be dealt with. When those days come the heads of those that spit on the name of Yah will roll in the streets and their blood will be so, so deep.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
O.k. then what does LDS say about what was resurected being LDS is your religion and the OP wants to know what it has to say about resurection and being something has to be resurected for there to be a resurection then what was it? :D
The body. It's the only thing that dies.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Sorry, I don't believe in a literal lake of fire, so the question makes no sense to me.

Then how do you explain ...........

Rev 20:14 Death and grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

How do you believe the second death will happen if not by a literal lake of fire?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
How do you believe the second death will happen if not by a literal lake of fire?
Simple. There are a lot of passages in the Bible I don't take literally. I believe that the second death refers to separation from God. Not quite as gruesome perhaps, but every bit as awful a punishment. Anyway, how would a spirit burn?

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Anyway, how would a spirit burn?

I assume that all things are possible with Yah.

Mat 19:26 Looking at them, Yahshua said, "With men this is impossible, but with Elohim all things are possible."

Mar 10:27 Yahshua, looking at them, said, "With men it is impossible, but not with Elohim, for all things are possible with Elohim."

Luk 18:27 But he said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with Elohim."

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I assume that all things are possible with Yah.

Mat 19:26 Looking at them, Yahshua said, "With men this is impossible, but with Elohim all things are possible."

Mar 10:27 Yahshua, looking at them, said, "With men it is impossible, but not with Elohim, for all things are possible with Elohim."

Luk 18:27 But he said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with Elohim."
So suppose God could destroy a person's spirit. Why would He want to? What would it accomplish? Do you believe in a literal lake of fire? Just curious.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Simple. There are a lot of passages in the Bible I don't take literally. I believe that the second death refers to separation from God. Not quite as gruesome perhaps, but every bit as awful a punishment. Anyway, how would a spirit burn?

Yes. its a lost feeling..No burning in a writhing hell fire..having limbs torn off your body./.

Its a state fo mind..IMHO.(worse than the litteral)

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
God is peace..

Look at Jesus ya'll..

Every thing good in us is God..

And Im a SINNER!!!

God is a message of hope..faith..and love....

Love

Dallas

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

So suppose God could destroy a person's spirit. Why would He want to? What would it accomplish?

Looks to me it is to get rid of the likes of these............

Rev 21:8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Do you believe in a literal lake of fire? Just curious.

I really see no reason not to.............

Rev 19:20 The beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who worked the signs in his sight, with which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Rev 20:10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:14 Death and grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.