• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resurrection of Christ: Literal fact or spiritual reality?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Signs of new life, which is why they were conducive to symbolizing the new life the risen Jesus represents;
Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Most believe that Jesus was born near spring, around March. Dec 25 simply chosen by the church to celebrate the end of dark days and the beginning of lighter days, as Jesus is believed to be the 'light' of the world.
Actually, I don't give a thought to what you think.

LOL! The dates chosen and written down speak volumes! :rolleyes:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here's a thought about the of this thread: if Jesus resurrected, then he was alive. If he is in heaven, then he must have later died (again). If the latter is not true, then Jesus must be a non-heavenly being ensconced in heaven, which is a decidedly odd way to look at his co-deity nature.

I believe there is a bit of confusion in this. Jesus does not have to be physically anywhere to be there. God who is a Spirit is everywhere. However God is one so what is perceived by the Father as Heaven is also pecseived by Jesus as the Spirit perceives His presence there. Itis the same with Jesus in me. He is not physically present but the Spirit of God is and that consciousness is present with Jesus as well.

I believe that is not the case also except for the Spirit part of Jesus which is in both places.

Muffled

Jesus in me
One who was resurrected does not die again. Lazarus was resuscitated, as he was brought back to his physical life and went on to die again, symbolized by emerging from the tomb still bound with the burial clothes. Resurrection is eternal life. Jesus' raising from the dead (Lazarus, the son of the widow of Nain, the daughter of Jairus are recounted by the evangelists as miraculous resuscitations, similar to those done by the OT prophets Elijah and Elisha. Resuscitation restores ordinary life; resurrection involves eternal life.

I believe you are committing the fallacy of reasoning the whole from the particular. The resurrection of Jesus is different from the resurrection of Lazarus in that respect but both are resurrections.

I believe we don't know exactly how long they were dead. It could have been either.

Resurrection is the concept of coming back to life after death. Wikipedia.

I could see the Rabbi's daughter and the boy carried on a bier as resuscitations because they were not dead very long.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The body of Christ is a symbol for the church or body of His faithful believers. Death is a symbol for unbelief. It was the body of Christ or the Church that rose to life, not Christ's physical body. Although the story appears literal, there is ample evidence to suggest it isn't.

I believe you have failed to point out any symbolism except your fantasized version.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe you have failed to point out any symbolism except your fantasized version.

Your words are harsh.

You need to provide an argument to refute what is clear through reason and scripture.

The true meaning of the resurrection?

Jesus came from heaven:
John 3:13, John 6:38, John 6:41-2

The risen body of Christ is the Church:
Roman 12:5 'one body in Christ'
1 Corinthians 12:12-13 'baptised into one body'
1 Corinthians 12:25 'no schism in the body'
1 Corinthians 12:27 'you are the body of Christ'
Colossians 1:18 'He is the head of the body'
Ephesians 2:5-6 'members of His body, and His flesh'

The spiritual resurrection:
1 Corinthians 15:42-4 'it is raised in a spiritual body'