• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restaurants now charging 30 dollars for a regular size pizza in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Supply chain increases push pizza pricing up to $30 range | wgrz.com

No way am I buying a average size pizza for 30 dollars.

I remember as a teen, a whole entire pizza with a coke as well, only set me back $3.50.

I can just imagine the cost in the next decade.

Anyone else seeing this?

That are of course, still blaming supply chain issues. I don't believe that.

I really can't afford to go out to eat or do delivery anymore.

Almost everything has gone up by 2-5 dollars per order. I've got a family of five. Add all that extra money into it, and its simply not affordable.

I'm not too broken up about it, though. After staying in for so long after Covid precautions, I lost my taste for restaurant food(it all kinda tastes the same).

Before that, we went out every Sunday. Occasionally called in delivery.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I really can't afford to go out to eat or do delivery anymore.

Almost everything has gone up by 2-5 dollars per order. I've got a family of five. Add all that extra money into it, and its simply not affordable.

I'm not too broken up about it, though. After staying in for so long after Covid precautions, I lost my taste for restaurant food(it all kinda tastes the same).

Before that, we went out every Sunday. Occasionally called in delivery.

I was talking to the wife about that today. I paid $20 for a chicken burger yesterday, I can afford it and still felt ripped off. I have no idea how young families are coping at the moment. It would be at least $100 to get a meal for the family at anywhere even half decent.

We Never Know

No Slack

I remember as a teen, a whole entire pizza with a coke as well, only set me back $3.50.

Anyone else seeing this?

They are of course, still blaming supply chain issues. Convenient. I don't believe that.

I had one of my grandsons with me the other day and we stopped at a little cafe to grab a bite to eat. Two cheese burgers with two fries and one coke(I drank water) was $27.76 not including tip.
This was a small town of around 3000 population .

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was talking to the wife about that today. I paid $20 for a chicken burger yesterday, I can afford it and still felt ripped off. I have no idea how young families are coping at the moment. It would be at least $100 to get a meal for the family at anywhere even half decent.

Ouch! That's terrible!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It seems people are still having the desire to go out to eat, despite the costs.

My husband is a chef, and he said business has been ridiculously high lately. They're actually running out of food at times.

amorphous_constellation

What I've seen across my whole life, is businesses and suburbs buying out our farmland. That land that was built on, was not doing nothing, and I don't know if people really get that. Not trying to debate anything, it's just that my first reaction to these kinds of topics, is to go back to what I've seen happen across my whole life

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I had one of my grandsons with me the other day and we stopped at a little cafe to grab a bite to eat. Two cheese burgers with two fries and one coke(I drank water) was $27.76 not including tip.
This was a small town of around 3000 population .
Wow!

I'm starting to think eventually, our money is going to be so worthless, it will be like early Germany in 1923.

it will take a wheelbarrow filled up with money just to buy basic food and pizzas.

Twilight Hue

It's like an economic nightmare unfolding right before our eyes.

Twilight Hue

It seems people are still having the desire to go out to eat, despite the costs.

My husband is a chef, and he said business has been ridiculously high lately. They're actually running out of food at times.
I think its because people are essentially and intentionally being programmed to habitually spend money even at a detriment.

I've been busy at deprogramming those impulses and essentially rewiring my neurons in my brain.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow!

I'm starting to think eventually, our money is going to be so worthless, it will be like early Germany in 1923.

it will take a wheelbarrow filled up with money just to buy basic food and pizzas.

I guess with cards being most people's main form of payment anymore, we can skip the wheelbarrow.

Though, that's not always a positive. For some, its easier to spend when they don't see the money dwindling.

Twilight Hue

I guess with cards being most people's main form of payment anymore, we can skip the wheelbarrow.

Though, that's not always a positive. For some, its easier to spend when they don't see the money dwindling.
That's true. It's hard to quantify what isn't seen.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think its because people are essentially and intentionally being programmed to habitually spend money even at a detriment.

I've been busy at deprogramming those impulses and essentially rewiring my neurons in my brain.

I think there's a lot that don't see restaurant food as an option or luxury, either. Its, in the minds of many, an essential, either because they don't know how to cook, or they don't know how to socialize without gathering and spending.

That's true. It's hard to quantify what isn't seen.

For the first half of my marriage, using cash only was the only way to get my husband to become aware of what he was spending.

Later on, he realized that, because he liked 2 dollar bills and 50 cent pieces, if he cashed his checks and asked for it back in 2 dollar bills and 50 cent pieces, he was less likely to spend frivolously(because he didn't want to see his fun money go). Some cashiers really loved him for it, others despised him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Four or five euros.,..plain cheese. Here.

In Milan it can also cost 10 euros...
but Milan is Milan...

guys..visit Rome instead :p

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

I alomost never eat in restaurants, nor buy takeaway food. But yesterday was my son's birthday, so I bought lunch for four of us at a Brazilian Barbecue in central London. All you could eat, and the food was good, but £191 plus tip (but including drinks), came as a bit of a shock.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Anyone else seeing this?

They are of course, still blaming supply chain issues. Convenient. I don't believe that.

It's global. I'm in the UK. The Cost of Living Index is still very high:

"The cost of living has been rising in recent months in the UK and across the world. Food and energy prices have been rising markedly over the past year, particularly gas prices, largely in response to the conflict in Ukraine. Global recovery from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is putting further pressure on prices."

- Cost of living latest insights - Office for National Statistics

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I alomost never eat in restaurants, nor buy takeaway food. But yesterday was my son's birthday, so I bought lunch for four of us at a Brazilian Barbecue in central London. All you could eat, and the food was good, but £191 plus tip (but including drinks), came as a bit of a shock.
Just been to the lovely city of York. Almost bought a yummy looking doughnut till we saw they were £4 each. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.