• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resouce Based Economy, Is it the answer?

TJ73

People need motivation and this won't provide it. Too many people, left unmotivated will sit around waiting for the next guy to get up n do it. And too many people will want too much. Everyone will expect to gather the resources to build fantastic homes and furnishing. And then there is the misplaced we respect we have for people that have made it. Who would the masses look up to? And will people really be motivated to innovate? Most are driven by the desire to cash in.And how will boundaries be set up? Can I have as much land as I want, or will there be a certain amount for each, and what about the quality of the land and resources ... who will dictate who can have what?

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
People need motivation and this won't provide it. Too many people, left unmotivated will sit around waiting for the next guy to get up n do it. And too many people will want too much. Everyone will expect to gather the resources to build fantastic homes and furnishing. And then there is the misplaced we respect we have for people that have made it. Who would the masses look up to? And will people really be motivated to innovate? Most are driven by the desire to cash in.And how will boundaries be set up? Can I have as much land as I want, or will there be a certain amount for each, and what about the quality of the land and resources ... who will dictate who can have what?

Those are some of the exact things I was thinking. That and the fact that there are too many people nowadays with too much power and they won't give it up. The world is too corrupt to enact this system. It's one of those idealistic things that in reality can't happen.

TJ73

Those are some of the exact things I was thinking. That and the fact that there are too many people nowadays with too much power and they won't give it up. The world is too corrupt to enact this system. It's one of those idealistic things that in reality can't happen.

I agree and furthermore, trade is so attractive. It is fun to get something for something else. And then there's giving. It feels so good to take from what is yours and sacrifice it for the benefit and joy it can give to someone else.