• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Researching Luciferianism

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I'm interested in the Luciferian path. I want to blend it with other things I feel is "right" to me. I read the overview on the forum and I'm unsure where to start. What websites or books (preferably the latter) do you recommend that is related to Lucifer, philosophically or magically? What should I advoid? I read in the overview "the path is not dogmatic"; does this mean all dogma is rejected or you are allowed to align yourself with dogma if you agree with it? Is there more that one type of Luciferianism? (I understand there is atheistic and theistic, and some see Lucifer and Satan as the same while others don't equate Lucifer to Satan. Are there other views besides these?)

I know it's a lot of questions and I may sound really oblivious but I want to make sure I have a grasp on what Luciferianism is before I actually start to venture down the path.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hi Sabah. Welcome!

My understanding of the most basic aspect behind Luciferianism is self-evolution through development of the mind. You are the keeper, caretaker, and guardian of your mind.

I would start with some basic meditative practices where you observe the workings of your mind--see which workings impede your mindfulness, and need adjustment, and which processes lead to increased mindfulness. Many problems you identify will quickly resolve themselves once you become aware of them. Others may be related to habits and/or addictions that might need a bit more work to change. And of course, you can always cultivate and strengthen areas that lead towards mindfulness and the development of the mind. This requires being completely honest with yourself, as not being honest with yourself is self-delusion, which is an impediment to mindful transformation.

Cultivate that which leads towards intellectual growth and empowerment, and change that which leads towards dullness of the mind and delusion. This would require examining the embarrassing parts of your personality instead of repressing them. It can be uncomfortable, but your efforts will pay off!

If you study a broad range of techniques from different disciplines, you will acquire more tools for your toolbox to help you fix problem areas you find. However, you have to identify the problems before you can fix them, so that is why I suggested meditation and observing your mind first.

Feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
One other aspect: Don't become overly concerned with "purity." Pure iron rusts, whereas mixing iron with different elements in a specific process will make stainless steel. Try to find how to transform impediments into assets. For instance, anger can be transformed into mental clarity when applied to your mind, which makes the self-examination much easier and more productive.

SabahTheLoner

Hi Sabah. Welcome!

My understanding of the most basic aspect behind Luciferianism is self-evolution through development of the mind. You are the keeper, caretaker, and guardian of your mind.

I would start with some basic meditative practices where you observe the workings of your mind--see which workings impede your mindfulness, and need adjustment, and which processes lead to increased mindfulness. Many problems you identify will quickly resolve themselves once you become aware of them. Others may be related to habits and/or addictions that might need a bit more work to change. And of course, you can always cultivate and strengthen areas that lead towards mindfulness and the development of the mind. This requires being completely honest with yourself, as not being honest with yourself is self-delusion, which is an impediment to mindful transformation.

Cultivate that which leads towards intellectual growth and empowerment, and change that which leads towards dullness of the mind and delusion. This would require examining the embarrassing parts of your personality instead of repressing them. It can be uncomfortable, but your efforts will pay off!

If you study a broad range of techniques from different disciplines, you will acquire more tools for your toolbox to help you fix problem areas you find. However, you have to identify the problems before you can fix them, so that is why I suggested meditation and observing your mind first.

Feel free to ask questions!

This sounds like a very reflective and empowering path. So as long as I act according to what intellectually helps me and feels "right" to do, I can use the "Luciferian" label? To be completely honest, I feel like I need this kind of practice in my life for multiple reasons. I haven't been able to find much that wasn't just about literal worship of Lucifer, and even then the concepts of Luciferianism wasn't something I could easily find clearly written out.

Thank you for such an informative post, by the way. This answers many of my questions (spoken and unspoken).

crossfire

Premium Member
This sounds like a very reflective and empowering path. So as long as I act according to what intellectually helps me and feels "right" to do, I can use the "Luciferian" label? To be completely honest, I feel like I need this kind of practice in my life for multiple reasons. I haven't been able to find much that wasn't just about literal worship of Lucifer, and even then the concepts of Luciferianism wasn't something I could easily find clearly written out.

Thank you for such an informative post, by the way. This answers many of my questions (spoken and unspoken).
I would say to even question and examine what feels "right" for you. It could be a defensive mechanism that hides repressed psychological garbage.

As for worship--worship is RHP, imo, and distracts you from working on your own mind. I don't think it fits in with respect for individual beings, either. For instance, put yourself in the place of whichever deity is being worshiped: how would hundreds of voices in your head singing your praises be conducive to mindfulness? (This is my own conclusion, subject to revision. Your mileage may vary.)

As for using the Luciferian label: there is so much propaganda attached to the label, and so many attempts to hijack the label based on this propaganda that many Luciferians have expressed that they'd like to just drop the label and just go about evolving the mind.

SabahTheLoner

I would say to even question and examine what feels "right" for you. It could be a defensive mechanism that hides repressed psychological garbage.

As for worship--worship is RHP, imo, and distracts you from working on your own mind. I don't think it fits in with respect for individual beings, either. For instance, put yourself in the place of whichever deity is being worshiped: how would hundreds of voices in your head singing your praises be conducive to mindfulness? (This is my own conclusion, subject to revision. Your mileage may vary.)

As for using the Luciferian label: there is so much propaganda attached to the label, and so many attempts to hijack the label based on this propaganda that many Luciferians have expressed that they'd like to just drop the label and just go about evolving the mind.

That seems logical. Thank you for replying.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
What websites or books (preferably the latter) do you recommend that is related to Lucifer, philosophically or magically?

I would recommend Michael W. Ford, some people that I know are usually not impressed by him. However this author helped me along my Magickal Path to that extent. I would recommend Luciferian Magick. It is a good book.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
So as long as I act according to what intellectually helps me and feels "right" to do, I can use the "Luciferian" label?

I wouldn't go to far into labels, you don't necessarily have to act accordingly as a follower, and their is no need to label yourself even if you a practice a different form of a newer system. With me I don't go that far into labels by labeling myself as a "satanist/Setian." I find what is practical and I use this practicality but I do not label myself by finding and agreeing to another set of beliefs. Their isn't of what is "right to do." Unless if you are practicing Magick then you should know of what is right of your own decision making. The whole concept of the LHP for me is not being a follower but an individualist. You are accountable for your own responsibility and actions including your general well being as well. But it is up to you to make that decision.