• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Researchers have created a 'vaccine' for fake news. It's a game.

Terry Sampson

I just played "the game":, and my mind is reeling. I'm going to need to take some time to process what I played and my performance to make sense of what it was that I did, how successful I was, and what--if anything--I learned from the experience.

Maybe someone else in RF will play "the game" and process their performance better and faster than I did mine.

Introductory Article: Fake news game: Researchers say they've found a 'vaccine' for misinformation - CNN

Link to "The Game." Can you beat my score? Play the fake news game!

My personal results:

Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (1).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (2).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (3).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (4).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (5).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (6).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game (7).png
Screenshot_2019-07-06 Can you beat my score Play the fake news game .png

Last edited:
I just played "the game":, and my mind is reeling. I'm going to need to take some time to process what I played and my performance to make sense of what it was that I did, how successful I was, and what--if anything--I learned from the experience.

Maybe someone else in RF will play "the game" and process their performance better and faster than I did mine.

The best vaccine for fake news is not consuming the daily mass media (which is full of false information 'fake news' or simple error). This apples to 'quality' journalism as well as tabloid.

The best filter for false information is time, so don't consume media that rely on instantaneity.

If anything actually important happens, you'll find out anyway and can use the time learning something valuable, rather than filling your head with misinformation that you can never completely eradicate.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
What's the point of a game where one cannot cheat? :rolleyes:

Several loops encountered and it being rather primitive. Best to avoid the right-wing media, the left-wing media, and the obnoxious scientific community, who are the worst of the lot since they seem to demand respect for their work, FFS! (Unlike many of the journalists, who seem to demand respect for their opinions) :eek:

David T

Premium Member
This will ruin RF. I think we should insist that this vacine is dangerous.

David T

Premium Member
I read on Twitter that this vaccine causes autism
I think its just aspergers. Btw they get all offend when they post "i have aspergers" and i reply "you" are" aspergers you dont" have" aspergers i thought you folks were suppose to be smart? Maybe you aren't "

Lol they always get their panties in a bunch! Me i am synesthesia its ADD OH I SMELLED A NEW THOUGHT!!! Like a dog.