• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace and mercy of Allah be on you... If conditions of believers had not become fully weak and they had not fully gone far from the reality of Islam, then what was need of advent of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s. whose advent and status was foretold).... They are fully unaware of meaning and purpose of Islam. They think what is in them, which is against Islam as they recite kalima, offer salaats, keep fasts and pay zakat. .... Their all deeds are not saleh / good deeds. Otherwise if these are good deeds why good results of those deeds are not produced. Good deeds would be if these are clean of every discord and impurity. But these things are not in them.

==

Today, we observe that the worst kind of disorder is found in muslim countries and groups; they are busy in cutting each others’ necks. Kalima reciter kills other kalima recite, usurp his right, try to inflict loss to him by any means. Not only are they fighting each other, but are joining other nations to devise plans against each other. Is it teaching of Holy Quran and model of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) which they are following. Worldliness is dominant everywhere, if name of religion is mentioned, it is to shine politics, to establish or to save own governments.

==

About the character of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), Hazrat Aisha (r.a.)’s statement is worth being written in gold that "kaana kholoqohul quran" i.e. if his character and practices are to be known, then Holy Quran is the picture of his character, read it. He established these models so that momin and his believers should practice these. ... The real connection with Allah the Exalted will not be made by mere saying there is none worthy of worship but Allah. He says if His love has to be achieved then follow my beloved Messenger.

Say, 'If you love Allah, follow me: then will Allah love you and forgive you your faults. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.' (ch 3 :v 32)

More
www.alislam.org/friday-sermon/2017-10-20.html
www.alislam.org/friday-sermon/2017-10-13.html

Last edited:

zahra67

Ahl Al-Bayt, Source Of Mercy
The linguistic meaning of mercy is kind or forgiving attitude shown towards somebody by one who has the right or power to punish. Mercy in the Holy Quran is accompanied with various concepts and paragons. Mercy is a Divine truth and one of Allah’s attributes shown towards all beings especially man. All creatures are manifestation of Allah’s general and particular mercy.
Mercy in the Holy Qur'an
The Holy Quran has raised the question of mercy, some of which are referred to here:
1. The Holy Quran considers mercy to be the prophetic mission, which is a source of perfection for human beings and their salvation from the problems of this world and the punishment of the Hereafter. Allah knows whom He should bestow His mercy upon as a result of his merit and whom He should send to convey His communication and to guide people:
وَاللَّهُ يَخْتَصُّ بِرَحْمَتِهِ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۚ
Allah chooses especially whom He pleases for His mercy. (2:105)
2. The Holy Quran considers ease at some religious obligations especially those related to retribution and blood money as Allah's mercy:
ذَٰلِكَ تَخْفِيفٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ وَرَحْمَةٌ ۗ
This is alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. (2:178)
3. The Holy Quran considers sublime morality, softness and courtesy as Allah’s mercy on human beings:
فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ لِنْتَ لَهُمْ ۖ
Thus, it is due to mercy from Allah that you deal with them gently. (3:159)
4. The Holy Quran considers the removal of punishment of those who deserve it on the Judgment Day as a mercy of Allah:
مَنْ يُصْرَفْ عَنْهُ يَوْمَئِذٍ فَقَدْ رَحِمَهُ ۚ وَذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْمُبِينُ
He from whom is averted on that day, Allah indeed has shown mercy to him and this is a manifest achievement. (6:16)
5. The Holy Quran considers belief in and attention to Allah’s mercy for a sinner a source of encouragement for repentance, telling the Holy Prophet to assure people that Allah has ordained mercy Himself on them. Therefore, one who has committed an indecent act out of ignorance and then has repented will receive Allah’s mercy for He is the Most Merciful:
وَإِذَا جَاءَكَ الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِآيَاتِنَا فَقُلْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ كَتَبَ رَبُّكُمْ عَلَىٰ نَفْسِهِ الرَّحْمَةَ ۖ أَنَّهُ مَنْ عَمِلَ مِنْكُمْ سُوءًا بِجَهَالَةٍ ثُمَّ تَابَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ وَأَصْلَحَ فَأَنَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
And when those who believe in our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is Forgiving, Merciful. (6:54)
6. The Holy Quran, in most verses, has been introduced as mercy from
Allah:
فَقَدْ جَاءَكُمْ بَيِّنَةٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ ۚ
So indeed there has come to you clear proof from your Lord, and guidance and mercy. (6:157)
7. The Holy Quran, in most verses, tells people that they will face perdition if they do not seek Allah’s mercy or they do not expose themselves to it:
فَلَوْلَا فَضْلُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَتُهُ لَكُنْتُمْ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
So were it not for the grace of Allah and His mercy on you, you would certainly have been among the losers. (2:64)
8- The Holy Quran which guides the people to the Divine truth and spiritual values does not consider Allah’s mercy without reason rather considers it as a source of salvation, happiness, a cause for entering Paradise and something special for the benefactors:
إِنَّ رَحْمَتَ اللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ مِنَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
Surely the mercy of Allah is nigh to those who d o good. (7: 56)
9. The Holy Quran considers Allah’s mercy a factor, which rids man of hardships, liberates him from enemy and from the oppressors and tyranny:
فَأَنْجَيْنَاهُ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ بِرَحْمَةٍ مِنَّا وَقَطَعْنَا دَابِرَ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِنَا ۖ
So We delivered him and those with him by mercy from Us, and We cut off the last of those who rejected our communications. (7:72)
10. The Holy Quran considers expansion of breast, spiritual capacity and sublimity of spirit, which is a source of Divine grace, as Allah’s mercy:
فَوَجَدَا عَبْدًا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا آتَيْنَاهُ رَحْمَةً مِنْ عِنْدِنَا وَعَلَّمْنَاهُ مِنْ لَدُنَّا عِلْمًا
Then they found one from among our servants whom We had granted knowledge from ourselves. (18:65)
11. The Holy Quran considers the Holy Prophet source of mercy to the worlds:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ
And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds. (21:107)
12. The Holy Quran considers regeneration of plants in the spring as a sign of Allah's mercy:
فَانْظُرْ إِلَىٰ آثَارِ رَحْمَتِ اللَّهِ كَيْفَ يُحْيِي الْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۚ إِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ لَمُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ ۖ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Look then at the signs of Allah’s mercy, how He gives life to the earth after its death, most surely He will raise the dead to life; and He has power over all things. (30:50)
13. The Holy Quran considers Allah’s mercy which manifests itself in every being as something comprehensive and the smallest thing which cannot be seen even with the most powerful scientific devices is not outside Allah’s mercy:
وَرَحْمَتِي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ ۚ
And My mercy encompasses all things. (7:156)
14. The Holy Quran considers the unbeliever’s despair of Allah’s mercy as features of unbelievers:
إِنَّهُ لَا يَيْأَسُ مِنْ رَوْحِ اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْقَوْمُ الْكَافِرُونَ
Surely none despairs of Allah’s mercy except the unbelieving people. (12:87)
15. The Holy Quran considers Allah’s mercy for people to be better than just what they achieve through gain of wealth and position. Therefore, it is best for people to seek Allah’s mercy through faith, righteous deeds and sublime morality instead of spending their lifetimes in gaining extra wealth and property:
وَرَحْمَتُ رَبِّكَ خَيْرٌ مِمَّا يَجْمَعُونَ
And the mercy your Lord is better than what they amass. (43:32)
Source of Mercy
In view of the aforementioned verses, we should admit that there is nothing more valuable than Allah’s mercy in this universe. The source of this mercy in this world and the Hereafter are the Ahl al-Bayt as referred to by Imam al-Hadi (a.s) in the Ziyarah al-Jamiah al-Kabirah.
Therefore, if anyone wishes to be immune from Allah’s punishment, to be endowed with sublime morality, to have a chance of repenting, to have a full share and benefit from the Holy Quran, to have expansion of breast, or to have an easy reckoning and not to be touched by despair, one must adhere to Ahl al-Bayt. This is so as to obtain what was brought up in the aforementioned verses and to be blessed with Allah’s guidance, favor and grace.
The Holy Prophet’s recommendation about Ahl al-Bayt during twenty-three years of his mission was that it is impossible to understand the Holy Quran without them. Zayd ibn Arqam, a trustworthy Sunni narrator, is reported as saying:
قَامَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ يَوماً فِينَا خَطِيباً بِمَاءٍ يُدْعَي خُماًّ، بَيْنَ مَكَّة وَالْمَدِينَةِ، فَحَمِدَ اللَّهَ وَأثنَى عَلَيهِ وَوَعَظَ وَذَكَّرَ ثُمَّ قَالَ: "أمَّا بَعْدُ، ألأ أيُّهَا النَّاسُ، فَإنَّمَا أنَا بَشَرٌ يُوشَكُ أنْ يَاتِيَ رَسُولُ رَبِّي فأُجِيبُ. وَأنَا تَارِكٌ فِيكُمُ الثَّقَلَيْنِ: أوَّلُهُمَا كِتَابُ اللَّهِ، فِيهِ الْهُدى وَالنُّورُ، فَخُذُوا بِكِتَابِ اللَّهِ وَاسْتَمْسِكُوا بِهِ." فَحَثَ عَلَى كِتَابِ اللَّهِ وَ رَغَّبَ فِيهِ، ثُمَّ قَال: "وَأهْلُ بَيتِي. أذْكَّرُكُمُ اللَّهَ فِي أهْلِ بَيْتِي أُذَكَّرُكُمُ اللَّهَ فِي أهْلِ بَيتِي أذَكَّرُكُمُ اللَّهَ فِي أهْلِ بَيتِي."
One day, Allah’s Messenger stopped at Ghadir Khumm, a place between Mecca and Medina, and delivered a sermon. After praising Allah, he said, “I am a human who will pass away soon. So I am leaving two worthy things behind. One is the Book of Allah being guidance and light. Hold fast on to it.” He encouraged people in relation to the Holy Quran, saying, “…and then to my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you of Allah in relation to my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you of Allah in relation to my Ahl al-Bayt.”
Manifestations of Ahl al-Bayt’s Mercy
The Ahl al-Bayt are sources of mercy. Anyone who resorts to them by getting to know them and their knowledge and by loving and obeying them will enjoy Allah’s mercy, favor and grace during his lifetime, at deathbed, in the duration between his death and Resurrection and or the Judgment Day.
In this relation, Imam al-Baqir (a.s.) says:
إنَّمَا أحَدُكُم حِينَ يَبْلُغُ نَفَسُهُ هَهُنَا يَنْزِلُ عَلَيْهِ مَلَكُ الْمَوْتِ فَيَقُولُ:أمَّا مَا كُنْتَ تَرْجُو فَقَدْ أعْطِيَتَهُ! وَ أمَّا مَا كُنْتَ تَخَافُهُ فَقَدْ أمِنْتَ مِنْهُ!" وَ يُفْتَحُ لَهُ بَابٌ إلى مَنْزِلِهِ مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ، وَيُقَالُ لَهُ: " أنْظُرْ إلَى مَسْكَنِكَ فِي الْجنَّةِ، وَانْظُرْ هَذَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَعَلِيٌ وَالحَسَنُ وَالحُسَيْنُ رُفَقَؤكَ". وَ هُوَ قَوْلُ اللَّهِ:
الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَكَانُوا يَتَّقُونَ لَهُمُ الْبُشْرَىٰ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ ۚ لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ.
When the breath of one of you comes to his throat, the Angel of Death comes down on him saying, “You were granted what you longed for; you were given safety for what you were afraid of.” Then a gate of Paradise is opened to his house; he is said, “Look at your abode in Paradise; behold! These are Allah’s Messenger, Ali, Hasan, Husayn and your friends.”And these are the words of Allah:
They shall have good news in this world’s life and in the hereafter. (10:63-64)

zahra67

The Favorites with the Holy Prophet
As the Ahl al-Bayt were the favorites with Allah, they were the favorite with the Holy Prophet, for he loved but what Allah loved. Umm-Salamah has reported that one day Allah’s Messenger was sitting at home. Fatimah brought a small pot with dish of flour in it. Allah’s Messenger asked, “Where is Ali and his two sons?” Fatimah answered, “They are at home.” He said, “Tell them to come here.” After some time, Ali, Hasan, Husayn and Fatimah were walking towards Allah’s Messenger. As soon as he saw them, he took his cloak (kisa) which was on the bed and covered them, saying:
أللَّهُمَّ هَؤُلأءِ أهْلُ بَيْتِي، فَأذْهِبْ عَنَهُمُ الرِّجْسَ وَطَهِّرْهُمْ تَطْهِيراً.
O Allah! These are my household and my favorite ones; so, remove wickedness from them and make them pure a perfect purification.
At this time, Almighty Allah revealed the Verse of Purification:
إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا
Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House, and to purify you a thorough purifying. (33:33)
Imam Ali (a.s.) has said:
أتَى رَجُلٌ إلَى النَّبِيِّ فَقَالَ: يا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، أيُّ الْخَلَقِ أحَبُّ إلَيكَ؟ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ وَأنَا إلَى جَنْبَهِ ـ: هَذَا وَ ابْنَاهُ وَ أُمُّهُمَا. هُم مِنِّي وَأنَا مِنْهُمْ. وَهُمْ مَعِي فِي الْجنَّةِ هَكَذَا. وَ جَمَعَ بَيْنَ إصْبِعَيْهِ ـ.
A man came to Allah’s Messenger saying, “O Allah’s Messenger! Who is your most favorite one?” The Holy Prophet said, “This (Ali), his two sons and their mother are. They are from me and I am from them. In Paradise, they will be as close as two fingers to
me.”
Obeisance to Ahl al-Bayt Makes you Allah's Favorite
Anyone who wishes to be Allah’s favorite must endeavor to purify himself internally and externally by obeying Him, His Prophet (s.a.w), and Ahl al- Bayt. In this relation, the Holy Quran says:
قُلْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is forgiving, Merciful. (3:31)
The Holy Prophet, the obeisance to whom will make us Allah’s favorites, has emphatically ordered his ummah to love Ahl al-Bayt from the bottom of their hearts and to obey them under all circumstances in order to be Allah’s favorite. He has said:
أحِبُّوا اللَّهَ لِمَا يَغْدُوكُم مِنْ نِعَمِهِ، وَأحِبُونِي بِحُبِّ اللَّهِ، وَأحِبُّوا أهْلَ بَيْتِي لِحُبِّي.
Love Allah for the blessings He has bestowed on you; love me because of your love for Allah; and love my household because of your love for me.
In another important narration, the Holy Prophet says:
مَنْ سَرَّهُ أنْ يَحْيَا حَياتي وَ يَمُوتَ مَمَاتِي وَ يَسْكُنُ جَنَّة وَيَسْكُنَ جَنَّةَ عَدَنٍ غَرَسَهَا رَبِّي فَلْيُوَالِ عَلِياً مِن بَعَدي وَليُوَالِ وَلِيَّهُ وَليَقْتَدِ بِالِمَّةِ مِنْ بَعْدِي؛ فَإنَّهُمْ عِتْرَتِي، خُلِقُوا مِنْ طِينَتِي وَرُزِقُو فَهْماً وَعِلْمَاً. وَوَيْلٌ لِلمُكَذِّبِينَ بِفَضْلِهِمْ، القَاطِعِينَ فِيهِمْ صِلَتِي، لأ أنَالَهُمُ، اللَّهُ شَفَاعَتِي.
Anyone who wishes to live and to pass away like me and to abide in an eternal Paradise the trees of which have been planted by my Lord must love Ali after me, love his lovers and follow the Imams after me, for they are my Household who are created from my essence and endowed with knowledge. Woe to those who deny their excellence and do not observe my kinship with them. I will not intercede for them.
How To Be Allah’s Favorite?
If man wishes to become Allah’s favorite, he must follow the Ahl al-Bayt the head of whom is Allah’s Messenger. This adherence will lead man gradually to spiritual purification to the extent of his capacity. Hence, he will become Allah’s favorite. To reach this station, it is only possible through Ahl al-Bayt, for they are the straight path and the best guides for the followers of spiritual path.
The criterion for being Allah’s favorite is being like the Ahl al-Bayt who have asked us to compare ourselves with them to see whether we are liked or disliked by Allah:
فَإنَّكُمْ وَسِيلَتِي إلى اللَّهِ، وَبِحُبِّكُمْ وَبِقُرْبِكُمْ أَرْجُو نَجَاةً مِنَ اللَّهِ.
You, the Ahl al-Bayt, are our means towards Allah. We set our hope on your station and love to be saved by Allah.
Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) says that the only thing that will bring heaven to us is having devotion in worshipping Allah and saying that there is no god but Allah. Devotion is to act according to Allah’s commandments, to abstain from committing sin and to adhere to Ahl al-Bayt. When the Holy Prophet was asked what devotion is and how it is related to there is no god but Allah, he answered:
It is to act to what I have been sent for and to love my Ahl al-Bayt.
They asked him whether love for Ahl al-Bayt’s and acceptance of Imamate was part of the said formula, he said: yes.
The same matter is expressed by Imam al-Ridha (a.s.) in a Hadith in Salsalat al- Dhahab (Golden Chain) in another way of reporting:
كَلِمَةٌ لأإلَهَ إلأ اللَّهُ حِصْنِي، فَمَنْ دَخَلَ حِصْنِي أمِنَ مِنْ عَذَابِي؛ بِشُرُوطِهَا وَ أنَا مِنْ شُرُوطِهَا.
There is no god but Allah is my fortress. Whoever enters it will be immune from my punishment on one condition, which is acceptance of my Imamate.
To please Ahl al-Bayt is to please Allah
When one, by devotion, becomes Allah’s vicegerent, one becomes a manifestation of Allah; hence, to respect him and his commands is to respect Allah:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُبَايِعُونَكَ إِنَّمَا يُبَايِعُونَ اللَّهَ
Surely, those who swear allegiance to you do but swear allegiance to Allah. (48:10)
In this case, all people are duty-bound to obey him, for he can intercede with Allah for people. He has, in fact, reached a station where his pleasure is the pleasure of Allah. Allah attaches great importance to what pleases the Holy Prophet and his Ahl al-Bayt so much so that He says:
فَلَنُوَلِّيَنَّكَ قِبْلَةً تَرْضَاهَا ۚ
We shall surely turn you to a kiblah which you shall like. (2:144)
In the Holy Quran, Allah has explicated the moral values and lifestyle of Ahl al-Bayt explicitly and implicitly so as to set models for us. Here are some examples:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَاجَرُوا وَجَاهَدُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ
Surely those who believed and those who fled (Their home) and strove hard in the way of Allah (2:218)
إِنَّمَا نُطْعِمُكُمْ لِوَجْهِ اللَّهِ لَا نُرِيدُ مِنْكُمْ جَزَاءً وَلَا شُكُورًا
We only feed you for Allah’s sake we desire from you neither reward nor thanks. (76:9)
إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah. (6:162)

zahra67

Love For Ahl Al-Bayt
We who are strongly in need of Allah’s mercy, favor and special attention must choose a path the final stage of which is Allah’s pleasure hence Paradise. In order to win Allah’s favor, we need mediation to find the truth. Based on Quranic verses, this mediation is love for Ahl al-Bayt and compliance with their teachings.
In order to love Ahl al-Bayt, we should first get to know them. When we see their moral virtues and spiritual beauty we will automatically love them. This love makes human receive baptism of Allah and become like the Beloved One in all aspects. One must note that love and friendly relations will come about only when we get to know our Beloved. Even in metaphorical examples of love, one never falls in love unless he sees the beauty of the beloved.
When one loves, one will automatically do one’s best to comply with whatever the beloved wishes and will be baptized by the Beloved in a way that both the lover and the beloved become identical.
The Holy Prophet’s words “Salman is from us, Ahl al-Bayt” is the best proof. Love for Ahl al-Bayt is a valuable truth, which Allah has determined as a reward for the mission of the Holy Prophet:
قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ
Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives. (42:23)
Based on narrations related by Shiite scholars and others related by Sunni scholars, the near relatives are Ahl al-Bayt. The important point in this Quranic verses is the word love intermingled with obedience.
Is it not surprising that Allah has not refered to performing prayer, Hajj, fast, almsgiving and poor-rate as reward for the mission of the Holy Prophet (S). Instead He has stipulated the word love in order to show the love for Ahl al-Bayt and obedience to them are above all other truths. The Holy Prophet is quoted as saying:
لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ أسَاسٌ، وَأساسُ الإسْلأمِ حُبُّنَا أهْلَ الْبَيْتِ.
There is a basis for everything; and love for us, Ahl al-Bayt, is the basis of Islam.