• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
As they are a highly secretive organization, I have a few questions about them:

1.) Are all (or the vast majority of) republicans Reagan-loving, Bush-loving neoconservatives?

2.) I remember once hearing that only about 60% of conservatives are Christian, yet Christianity is a huge influence in their propaganda. How does this work?

3.) Why do people hate Bush, but love Reagan, who was his inspiration and did much of what he did and worse?

4.) Do the republicans actually care about economic issues? I notice that most republicans vote over social issues.

5.) Lilcoln was a republican (the first republican, actually). Was he anything like today's republicans?

6.) Where did the name "republican" come from? Republicans seem to be anti-republic, and favor democracy, or rather, "tyranny of the majority."

7.) Almost EVERYONE I talk to online hates Bush. Almost everyone I see online is anti-republican. Yet almost everyone I know in real life is a republican and hates democrats. Why? Do republicans not have internet access?

8.) Are the presidencies of Reagan, Bush, and George W Bush, and the propaganda of radio talk-show hosts accurate depictions of what the republicans believe?

9.) Why do some people vote republican even though everyone knows that the republican party is dead and controlled by evil scumbags?

rojse

RF Addict
7.) Almost EVERYONE I talk to online hates Bush. Almost everyone I see online is anti-republican. Yet almost everyone I know in real life is a republican and hates democrats. Why? Do republicans not have internet access?

Remember that the Americans that are online are not representative of the entire American population. Less representative still are those that frequent RF.

If you were on a less tolerant religious discussion forum than this, I'm sure your opinions would be quite different.

RomCat

Republicans believe that governmental authority
should be exercised at the lowest level possible.
This insures power of the people, by the people and
for the people.
Democrats believe the exact opposite. That authority
should be exercised at the highest level possible there-
by bypassing the 'will of the people.' Just look at our
current President's policies to confirm my latter words.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Republicans believe that governmental authority should be exercised at the lowest level possible.This insures power of the people, by the people andfor the people.Democrats believe the exact opposite. That authorityshould be exercised at the highest level possible there-by bypassing the 'will of the people.' Just look at ourcurrent President's policies to confirm my latter words.
Just look at Bush's policies (and Reagan's) to refute your words. EDIT: Oh, your latter words. I agree that the democrats are just as authoritarian and almost as evil as the republicans.

Republicans believe that government should be exercised at the lowest level possible? Seriously? Most of the republican cannidates believe otherwise.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
for the people.

So for example Republicans would oppose the Patriot act, the elimination of habeas corpus, the unitary presidency, record deficit, and almost everything that George Bush did? Didn't he have a Republican Congress for six years as well? Who voted for all those things?

shortfade2

actually thats basically what most republicans believe. However, we havent had a real republican president in a while

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
actually thats basically what most republicans believe. However, we havent had a real republican president in a while

So if I'm following you, President Bush, Vice-President Cheney, and the Republican Senate and House were not "real Republicans?"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
for the people.

Jeebers! You're out of date, man.

shortfade2

So Bush, Bush and Reagan were what, closet Democrats?

actually they were "Republicans" but republican politicians are not like republican voters. I am all for conservatism but I hate the republican Party. Bush wasnt even that conservative. I didnt like him when I started to learn about politics. I liked Reagan but that might have just been the light that my old school put him under.

@Zephyr: Dude, you gotta get some of your hate out in some other way. Seriously you people need to lighten up and stop attacking me.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I liked Reagan but that might have just been the light that my old school put him under.
Read my "Why the heck does everyone like Reagan?" thread, particularly the link provided on one of the posts in page 2. Reagan was truly an evil man and far worse than Bush.
@Zephyr: Dude, you gotta get some of your hate out in some other way. Seriously you people need to lighten up and stop attacking me.
When did he attack you in this thread?
actually they were "Republicans" but republican politicians are not like republican voters.
So why do republicans continue to vote for republican cannidates? =/

shortfade2

Read my "Why the heck does everyone like Reagan?" thread, particularly the link provided on one of the posts in page 2. Reagan was truly an evil man and far worse than Bush.When did he attack you in this thread?So why do republicans continue to vote for republican cannidates? =/

not really this thread, but he kinda told me to go kill myself...i take that as an insult ;)

The majority of the people on this thread are pretty dang learned and know a lot about politics and the people running them. However, for some reason these intelligent people with great minds cannot see that they are probably in the top five percentile. Most voters are not going to research on republican vs. democratic success. The majority of them are just following with what they grew up with. "An educated people is a free people" Well guess what! despite the fact that everybody can receive an education here, people are not all that educated. Its why on my SATs I received PHS on almost everything. Because the average high schooler is a moron!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
However, for some reason these intelligent people with great minds cannot see that they are probably in the top five percentile.
I really hope this isn't true. Most of what gets passed around here must be common knowledge to everyone, everyone just refuses to acknowledge it because of their stubborness and stupidity.
Most voters are not going to research on republican vs. democratic success. The majority of them are just following with what they grew up with.
Are you serious? I thought only my family could possibly be that stupid... wow...
"An educated people is a free people" Well guess what! despite the fact that everybody can receive an education here, people are not all that educated.
That's because the democrats are working against private schools, and the republicans are simultaneously doing everything they can to defund and destroy the public schools (while not doing anything for private schools). They're both parts of one, big, corporate elitist political machine that wants the masses to be uneducated and ignorant.
Its why on my SATs I received PHS on almost everything. Because the average high schooler is a moron!
And do you know why this is? It's because they lowered the standards and insist on lowering them further. Americans seem to think that if you make it so that it takes less effort to make an A, you have smarter kids. Sort of like seeing a 3 ft tall hurdle, lowering it to 1 ft, jumping over it, and saying you jumped over a 3 ft tall hurdle.

It's ********! - it's blasphemous! - it's Bush! (Hehe, that could be my campaign slogan for something :D)

EDIT: BS is a censored word? =O Meh.

shortfade2

YES! almost all people are that stupid. At my old Christian middle school almost everyone was a republican because their parents were. They dont know what their talking about! All they know is that "The friken democrats are ruining this Country!"

EDIT: yes, most people here live in their completely logical, fair utopia of theirs. *coughautocough^ They dont realize that the majority of the world is illogical, uneducated, and not fair people. Their is most certainly discrimination still around. its moved from extreme discrimination against blacks to a slight help to minorities

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
All they know is that "The friken democrats are ruining this Country!"
And you never asked them "how so?" And if you did, what did they say?

Also, middle school isn't an accurate reflection of the population. I probably would have thought the same back in middle school. I didn't start thinking for myself politically until my sophomore year or so.

shortfade2

Yes, but when you talk to your parents and other peoples parents its the same thing! I can easily win a political arument against my mom because she just follows what my dad says.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Obama is a Republican.
He was no more of a republican than Bush, or Reagan ;).

Seriously people, the democrats and republicans are one and the same, the republicans are just less subtle about it. They switch roles every few years to confuse people, and the politicians of each party work for the benefit of all the politicians of both parties (or themselves), in addition to serving bloodthirsty corporations.