• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans warned they're spreading Russian propaganda

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Dr. Fiona Hill's opening statement today included this...

Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did. This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.

The unfortunate truth is that Russia was the foreign power that systematically attacked our democratic institutions in 2016. This is the public conclusion of our intelligence agencies, confirmed in bipartisan Congressional reports. It is beyond dispute, even if some of the underlying details must remain classified....

...These fictions are harmful even if they are deployed for purely domestic political purposes. President Putin and the Russian security services operate like a Super PAC.They deploy millions of dollars to weaponize our own political opposition research and false narratives. When we are consumed by partisan rancor, we cannot combat these external forces as they seek to divide us against each another, degrade our institutions, and destroy the faith of the American people in our democracy.

Shorter version...you Republicans are spreading Russian propaganda and it's hurting our country.

Again, I have to express my astonishment at seeing Republicans effectively telling the country we should trust Russian propaganda over our own intelligence agencies and the US Senate. Unbelievable.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That was a powerful statement. The Party of Trump will of course be unmoved, but independents and the tiny minority that remains of a conservative party will care.

shmogie

Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did. This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.

The unfortunate truth is that Russia was the foreign power that systematically attacked our democratic institutions in 2016. This is the public conclusion of our intelligence agencies, confirmed in bipartisan Congressional reports. It is beyond dispute, even if some of the underlying details must remain classified....

...These fictions are harmful even if they are deployed for purely domestic political purposes. President Putin and the Russian security services operate like a Super PAC.They deploy millions of dollars to weaponize our own political opposition research and false narratives. When we are consumed by partisan rancor, we cannot combat these external forces as they seek to divide us against each another, degrade our institutions, and destroy the faith of the American people in our democracy.

Shorter version...you Republicans are spreading Russian propaganda and it's hurting our country.

Again, I have to express my astonishment at seeing Republicans effectively telling the country we should trust Russian propaganda over our own intelligence agencies and the US Senate. Unbelievable.
Based upon what I have heard, some of you appear.

Now that is how democrats establish fact, by rumor, innuendo, hearsay and biased "appearances".

Every Republican on this committee signed a committee report decrying Russian meddling in our elections, and demanding a robust plan to stop it. FACT

I find it unbelievable that someone would believe bogus facts based upon the shoddiest and most untruthful forms of evidence for their belief.

I Have to express my astonishment at the pimping of ridiculousness as fact, by the democrats.

However, I do concede that democrats are desperate, as the economy continues to boom, and Trumps popularity increases. However, does desperation mean that they must abandon the most rudimentary ways of determining truth ?

Apparently so.

74x12

You shouldn't trust any of it. Russians are doing their propaganda on the internet which it's really a stretch anyway to view this as an attack on the USA; because we pretend to champion free speech. So people should only understand that the internet is replete with disinformation and propaganda from around the world.

The US government is just as guilty of spreading propaganda. I especially wouldn't trust intelligence agencies.

Presidents are chosen and put in power by powerful groups of people. It's not like Trump got there by himself. He was backed by groups within the US military and even within Great Britain including the British intelligence agencies.

Russia? It's laughable to blame them. They just did some comparatively minor information campaigns on facebook or something.

So the real question arises ... why blame everything on Russia? Because they were in the cross hairs of the Washington establishment since before the election. In fact they were gearing up for war with Russia and that's why Hillary couldn't stop talking about Putin in the election. She was part of the faction that wanted war with Russia.

No wonder the Russians wanted Trump to win. I really can't blame them. I myself wasn't exactly looking forward to world war 3. But that doesn't mean I think Trump is a hero or a good guy. He's still controlled (as I point out) but apparently by a faction that didn't want ww3 (not yet anyway).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
spreading Russian propaganda

Well, the music is kind of catchy.

Вставайте, люди русские
На славный бой, на смертный бой!
Вставайте люди вольные
За нашу землю честную!

Живым бойцам - почёт и честь
А мёртвым - слава вечная.
За отчий дом, за русский край
Вставайте люди русские!

На родной Руси, на родной Руси
Не бывать врагу!
Поднимайся, встань,
Мать родная!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Google translate:
Get up, Russian people
To a glorious battle, to a mortal battle!
Get up people are free
For our land fair!

Living fighters - honor and honor
And to the dead - eternal glory.
For the father’s house, for the Russian land
Get up Russian people!

In native Russia, in native Russia
Do not be the enemy!
Get up, get up
Mother, dear!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Google translate:
Get up, Russian people
Get up people are free
For our land fair!

Get up Russian people!

Do not be the enemy!
Get up, get up
Mother, dear!
I was sure it was Rasputin by Boney M

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

And some people actually believe that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Google translate:
Get up, Russian people
Get up people are free
For our land fair!

Get up Russian people!

Do not be the enemy!
Get up, get up
Mother, dear!

Well, the video also had the sheet music with lyrics in both Russian and English.

But it really is a catchy tune.

Shad

Veteran Member

GOP acknowledged the Russian interference in the hearings days ago. Hill is babbling nonsense.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Every Republican on this committee signed a committee report decrying Russian meddling in our elections, and demanding a robust plan to stop it. FACT
So then why are Nunes, Jordan, and other Republicans on the Committee still promoting the Russian propaganda narrative during the impeachment hearings?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
To which Trump and his GOP servants reply with a resounding: "Nyet"!
It seems the mechanism here is that Trump has bought the Russian propaganda, and as a result, believing that propaganda has become a bit of a "loyalty to Trump litmus test" for some Republicans and right-wing media folks (Hannity, Levin).