• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans Are Not Really Pro-Life

Rational Agnostic

Evangelical Republicans love to complain about the Democratic party's stance on abortion. I often hear them accuse Democrats of being "baby killers." Oh, the irony. The party that believes children should die because their parents aren't rich enough to pay for their healthcare pretends to be morally superior. It's obvious that Republicans are not pro-life. If they were, they would see healthcare as a right, and not a privilege of the elite. Seems the only life that many of them actually care about is not even sentient. They care about the unborn, whose status of "life" is actually very questionable, yet once you're born, they only care about you if you or your parents are wealthy enough to pay for your healthcare. So, I'll make a request for my Republican friends. Stop pretending you have the moral high ground. You don't. The only children the Republican party cares about protecting is the "children" who aren't even developed enough to feel pain or suffering. They only care about kids who have rich parents, the rest, they believe should suffer since their parents can't pay their medical expenses. And y'all think Jesus would smile on that. Sickening.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Evangelical Republicans love to complain about the Democratic party's stance on abortion. I often hear them accuse Democrats of being "baby killers." Oh, the irony. The party that believes children should die because their parents aren't rich enough to pay for their healthcare pretends to be morally superior. It's obvious that Republicans are not pro-life. If they were, they would see healthcare as a right, and not a privilege of the elite. Seems the only life that many of them actually care about is not even sentient. They care about the unborn, whose status of "life" is actually very questionable, yet once you're born, they only care about you if you or your parents are wealthy enough to pay for your healthcare. So, I'll make a request for my Republican friends. Stop pretending you have the moral high ground. You don't. The only children the Republican party cares about protecting is the "children" who aren't even developed enough to feel pain or suffering. They only care about kids who have rich parents, the rest, they believe should suffer since their parents can't pay their medical expenses. And y'all think Jesus would smile on that. Sickening.
What about the Republicans who are pro choice?
Or the ones who support healthcare as a right?

Curious George

Veteran Member
If they support healthcare as a right, then it's different. But the party's platform does not.
Your post just seemed very sweeping. Sort of similar to the dems wanna take "muh guns." Most people support healthcare for children regardless of the parents ability to pay. The truth is that views on the subject are more nuanced. I will agree that those who are "pro-life" (regardless of their political affiliation) often have contradictory opinions. But this can be said for most people for most views. I think the problem is that many people fail to critically examine some or even many of their opinions.

Posts like this are good. Though, I can't help but wonder: If you would have been more effective if you cut out the partisan comments and asked specific questions, if you would have done a better job at approaching critical examination.

74x12

I think this is ignoring the fact that many conservatives believe in the old school view that all doctors should do pro bono work for the poor. As they were required to do in the past. At least in America anyway. Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that many conservatives consider this not to be an issue because hospitals and doctors have already been --by law-- treating the poor people that could not afford to pay anyway.

Road Less Traveled

Not that I really give two tosses about politics, or give much time of day as to what a bunch of wankers are or are not, but I discern that they are whatever will appeal to the herd. Both parties are likely very united, with the public perception being that they are not. Whatever keeps the general public strung up and stirred up like marionettes, and ignorant. All while laughing their asses off at the general public behind closed doors. Such is a well-oiled machine running a whackadoodle and cruel world of much suffering.

74x12

Not that I really give two tosses about politics, or give much time of day as to what a bunch of wankers are or are not, but I discern that they are whatever will appeal to the herd. Both parties are likely very united, with the public perception being that they are not. Whatever keeps the general public strung up and stirred up like marionettes, and ignorant. All while laughing their asses off at the general public behind closed doors. Such is a well-oiled machine running a whackadoodle and cruel world of much suffering.
They're the ultimate trolls.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think this is ignoring the fact that many conservatives believe in the old school view that all doctors should do pro bono work for the poor.
So Communism.
Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that many conservatives consider this not to be an issue because hospitals and doctors have already been --by law-- treating the poor people that could not afford to pay anyway.
I know for a FACT we have been over this before. It's a nonsense claim, and you know it. Hospitals are required to treat acute emergencies, but that isn't any help for the vast majority of medically necessary treatments. Show up to an A+E next time you need dialysis, or physiotherapy, or chemotherapy, or an organ transplant, and let us know how you you go.

"Well akshually...emergency departments are required to treat people" is a bull**** argument. STOP. MAKING. IT.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Oh for goodness' sake. The abortion question concerns one and only one question. Is it generally morally permissible to terminate a pregnancy?

Whether or not the state has an obligation to provide healthcare is an unrelated question. One may argue that pro-life people really ought to think so (that's fine) but it's hardly a logical inevitability of a pro-life position alone.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think this is ignoring the fact that many conservatives believe in the old school view that all doctors should do pro bono work for the poor. As they were required to do in the past. At least in America anyway. Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that many conservatives consider this not to be an issue because hospitals and doctors have already been --by law-- treating the poor people that could not afford to pay anyway.
And many are going bankrupt leaving whole communities without doctors because of this and perhaps other factors.

What about the Republicans who are pro choice?
Or the ones who support healthcare as a right?

Where are they? I don't hear any standing for those positions. They've been labeled "RINO" and mocked and there have been a number of stories about them leaving the Republican party.

74x12

And many are going bankrupt leaving whole communities without doctors because of this and perhaps other factors.
Whatever, I am not arguing for or against their view. I'm just saying what they think. I don't think the OP has accurately represented the average conservative/republicans POV.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Stop pretending you have the moral high ground. You don't. The only children the Republican party cares about protecting is the "children" who aren't even developed enough to feel pain or suffering. They only care about kids who have rich parents, the rest, they believe should suffer since their parents can't pay their medical expenses. And y'all think Jesus would smile on that. Sickening.

Do you have any supportive documentation or is the just diarrhea of the mouth. :rolleyes:

PureX

Veteran Member
Nor are republicans fiscally responsible, socially responsible, libertarian, or compassionate.

What a surprise!

dianaiad

Uh huh.

And All Republicans are White Spremacists because they voted for Trump,
And All Jews are 'cheap'
and all Catholics are cannibals,
And all Mormons have horns
And all Democrats want to take our freedom of speech away
........and oh, yeah, our guns.

Do you think that you could give a slightly MORE sweeping generalization and stereotypical condemnation? I mean, really....yours was pretty paltry, all things considered.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you have any supportive documentation or is the just diarrhea of the mouth. :rolleyes:
Excuse me. you made the outlandish statements with no support. I don't feel like I have to research anything.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you believe healthcare is a right or a privilege?

Depends on what you define as a "right".

Certainly, at this time, every person has the right to go to the emergency room and be treated for all healthcare needs. (As I heard the DNC say)

Do you believe that a person has a "right" to smoke all his life and then have the rest of the people pay for all the costs for the cancer it produces?

Or do you believe the companies should have the "right" for him to pay more for his insurance?

Or do you believe that the person who took care of his body doesn't have the "right" to pay less than the one who did whatever he/she wanted to his/her body?

So, please define "right".

PureX

Veteran Member
Depends on what you define as a "right".

Certainly, at this time, every person has the right to go to the emergency room and be treated for all healthcare needs. (As I heard the DNC say)

Do you believe that a person has a "right" to smoke all his life and then have the rest of the people pay for all the costs for the cancer it produces?

Or do you believe the companies should have the "right" for him to pay more for his insurance?

Or do you believe that the person who took care of his body doesn't have the "right" to pay less than the one who did whatever he/she wanted to his/her body?

So, please define "right".
So, .... passing judgment and insuring retribution on your fellow humans is more important to you than their health or well-being. Making sure that those you deem deserving of their suffering get their chance to suffer is the top priority, and forgiveness is out of the question, especially if it involves you having to share some wealth, right?