• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican sanity??

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Mitt Romney might be considered a sane Republican, although I do have suspicions he wants to tank Social Security, unless I just bought into media talking points on the Social Security issue.

There are also a couple of female Republican Senators I like, who voted to impeach. One, Susan Collins, seems bipartisan enough at times that it's difficult to guess her opinions ahead of time, something so rare in politics.

George Bush Jr. - I have mixed feelings about him, but I like him as a person, especially now that he's older and possibly a bit less partisan. But I don't wish him back in office.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If it was McCain before his death and he was well, vs. Joe Biden..... I might break the line of my party and vote McCain, and see what it brings us... I'd take the bet even though I'm not a betting woman as I tend to lose any bet.

Jeremiah Ames

Mitt Romney might be considered a sane Republican, although I do have suspicions he wants to tank Social Security, unless I just bought into media talking points on the Social Security issue.

There are also a couple of female Republican Senators I like, who voted to impeach. One, Susan Collins, seems bipartisan enough at times that it's difficult to guess her opinions ahead of time, something so rare in politics.

George Bush Jr. - I have mixed feelings about him, but I like him as a person, especially now that he's older and possibly a bit less partisan. But I don't wish him back in office.

be wary of George Bush Jr

he has some noble qualities, for sure

but he was one of the 3 presidents who were instrumental in the complete elimination of the middle class

he is drunk on the Reagan koolaid

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If it was McCain before his death and he was well, vs. Joe Biden..... I might break the line of my party and vote McCain, and see what it brings us... I'd take the bet even though I'm not a betting woman as I tend to lose any bet.

I should probably clarify and say, 'if this were in 2020 during voting'. Because with the job Biden is doing right now, I wouldn't wish for someone else to be in there.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
John McCain was a despicable politician. He was spiteful and would even stoop to stealing from widows. Keating Five - Wikipedia

McCain was no saint, that's for sure. But the right and some Democrats have been stealing from the poor and middle class to give goodies to the wealthy and major corporations for quite some time.

The last tax cut which ballooned the deficit and mostly benefited the wealthy is as much a theft as Keating was. And it continues with efforts to boost goodies for the rich and screw the poor.

And the right is passing bills written by the major corporations and wealthy and given to legislators to pass for them.

Wandering Monk

Shaul

Premium Member
McCain was no saint, that's for sure. But the right and some Democrats have been stealing from the poor and middle class to give goodies to the wealthy and major corporations for quite some time.

The last tax cut which ballooned the deficit and mostly benefited the wealthy is as much a theft as Keating was. And it continues with efforts to boost goodies for the rich and screw the poor.

And the right is passing bills written by the major corporations and wealthy and given to legislators to pass for them.
Classic Tu quoque fallacy. Even if what you wrote about others were true it doesn’t justify McCain. McCain was an egocentric phony and incorrigible.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
it appears there are still some republicans that function with reason:

'Carnival barkers': Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert snubbed by GOP women’s fundraising group

is this organization doing the right thing?

i doubt that Trump would think so.

I do like the “carnival barker” comment.
And who are they giving that money to? Neocon war-mongers like Liz Cheney? Greene may say things that trigger certain types (boo hoo), but she's not blowing people away and destroying entire nations. Somewhere, somehow, perspective has been lost.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Classic Tu quoque fallacy. Even if what you wrote about others were true it doesn’t justify McCain. McCain was an egocentric phony and incorrigible.
There's articles about what a nasty person he actually was. Apparently he just had a good PR team. He was another warmonger, too. Remember the "bomb Iran" song he did? :rolleyes: