• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reproductive Rights

pearl

The first thing to learn is "how to best navigate a terrain that threatens to become increasingly problematic."

Would seem like an impossible task for one who may be in a desperate situation, travel where, how far, what awaits me when I come back home, etc.?

Shaul

Premium Member
First thing to teach them all is DON'T VOTE GOP
You got it wrong. The first thing to teach them is to drink the group think kool aid. Alternatively they could be taught to think for themselves and be a responsible adult about sex. But that wouldn’t help the abortion industrial complex.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You got it wrong. The first thing to teach them is to drink the group think kool aid. Alternatively they could be taught to think for themselves and be a responsible adult about sex. But that wouldn’t help the abortion industrial complex.
Good grief, ever heard of accidents? I fear it is you who have been drinking the Kool Aid
Ever thought how difficult free family planning is to obtain, free condoms, free contraceptive pills, etc., Planned Parenthood are a thing for the good.
There is no such thing as the 'abortion industrial complex' - in the US you make more money from people giving birth than aborting after 12 weeks.

Shaul

Premium Member
Good grief, ever heard of accidents? I fear it is you who have been drinking the Kool Aid
Ever thought how difficult free family planning is to obtain, free condoms, free contraceptive pills, etc., Planned Parenthood are a thing for the good.
There is no such thing as the 'abortion industrial complex' - in the US you make more money from people giving birth than aborting after 12 weeks.
Good grief, responsible adults anticipate possible accidents and plan accordingly! Free this, free that, those aren’t “free”. In case you haven’t heard, “there’s no free lunch”. Yes, “abortion industrial complex” is an apt description. The amount of money PP makes directly for charging for abortions is small potatoes compared to the graft, corruption and political funding under the table kick backs. Wake up.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good grief, responsible adults anticipate possible accidents and plan accordingly! Free this, free that, those aren’t “free”. In case you haven’t heard, “there’s no free lunch”. Yes, “abortion industrial complex” is an apt description. The amount of money PP makes directly for charging for abortions is small potatoes compared to the graft, corruption and political funding under the table kick backs. Wake up.
In the UK all those things are available free.
We have free healthcare for mothers and children, free prescriptions.
We also have clinics (like PP) that give advice before embarking on a relationship, will supply condoms or other contraceptive methods for free.
School is free and schools teach lessons on sex education.

Compared to the amount of money and corruption that keeps the US's appalling health care system, the amount in the 'abortion industry' is non existent.
Abortion is not something anyone wants, but access to it should not be refused and made illegal. That will lead to a backdoor industry charging 10x as much.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think it is the other way around.
They make more money by performing abortions, than funding contraceptives ( birth control pills, IUDs, condoms). They lose money funding them.
Which is not that coherent. If the dems really wanted to reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancies, they would fund contraception. And not abortion clinics.