• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter asks Trump about his lying

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And since i'm ol-- er, I mean more mature than you:p-- I remember when doctors came to the house, such as when I was a child with a 105 temp. I survived:) but it caused a lot of brain damage.:(
LOL - I thought that was just normal for those born in those times..

But, yes, I do remember "THOSE WERE THE DAAAAAYS"! (singing)

ecco

Veteran Member
Hmmm....

Dr. I need a X-ray
Dr. I have to have my rotorcuff rebuilt
Dr. They want me to have a biopsy
Dr. It is requested that I colonoscopy

We are talking about things that can have time - not emergencies ;)
What's to prevent you from calling around to find out the best deal on any of these procedures? Nothing. Do you do it? Why not?

If Doctor Jones' office says they charge $576 for a colonoscopy and Dr Smith charges $895, who will you select - the cheapest one?

The amount you will have to pay depends on your insurance company and their contract with the doctor. Do you even know insurance companies make contracts with doctors to set reimbursements?

If you have no insurance and it's major like a hip replacement or a mouthful of implants - go to Mexico.

Trump's talk of posted charges is just a smokescreen. Do you really think all hip replacements are equal and you can just shop the cheapest?

Trump knows it's not workable. Trump knows his supporters believe him when he says he'll do it. So he makes dumba$$ promises and then blames everyone else for failing to deliver. THINK!

Our healthcare system is a disgrace. But all Trump has done (or is trying to do) is kill ACA because so many of his Sheeples hate ACA because the Dems under Obama did it. A lot of things in ACA were supported by Repubs prior to Obama.

Trump said he would replace ACA with a beautiful healthcare system until he realized "Who knew it was so complicated?" Then he just started chipping away at ACA and spouting nonsensical ideas like haveing doctors post their rates like Joe's sandwich shop posts the price of a Corned Beef on Rye.

I realize that none of this will sink in.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's to prevent you from calling around to find out the best deal on any of these procedures? Nothing. Do you do it? Why not?
Won't work. Prices are proprietary, and only the billing department can calculate them. You'd have better luck Calling Los Alamos for H-bomb plans.
If Doctor Jones' office says they charge $576 for a colonoscopy and Dr Smith charges $895, who will you select - the cheapest one?
I probably would. It's not like prices have anything to do with cost or quality here.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But, yes, I do remember "THOSE WERE THE DAAAAAYS"! (singing)
Is it true that your singing voice can even shatter metal? Maybe you were the lead singer in Metallica?

As for myself, at mass they have me singing only at the end so everyone will leave, and my favorite songs to sing are from the soundtrack of "Exodus".

ecco

Veteran Member
Won't work. Prices are proprietary, and only the billing department can calculate them. You'd have better luck Calling Los Alamos for H-bomb plans.

Yes, I know that. Some others think Trump will get docs to post their prices.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I know that. Some others think Trump will get docs to post their prices.
That may be feasible in some cases, if the US were to adopt a Beveridge, NHS or Bismark model, like most other developed countries.
As things stand, though, it's a for-profit system here; a business, with corporations beholden to shareholders to maximize profits regardless of public good. Pricing's only marginally related to actual cost of service, and billing's deliberately convoluted to discourage investigation.

The "healthcare" system is an industry, with every Doctor, clinic and hospital; every insurance, pharmaceutical and medical equipment company charging their own rates and interacting in a byzantine web of discounts, compromises, price shifts, &c.

Ten people getting the same procedure from the same hospital using the same insurance coverage will be charged ten different prices. Billing codes, like the tax codes, are so convoluted even the billing clerks can't apply them consistently.

Moreover, the initial, itemized bills almost always overcharge. Hospitals expect many of them to be challenged, and are prepared to dispute. Few people will go more than one or two rounds with the hospital and insurance provider before giving up and paying the latest proposed charge. There are lawyers who specialize in billing challenges, of course, who can get deeper discounts, but then you have to calculate the expected discount against the lawyer's fees.

So.... no price lists.