• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter asks Trump about his lying

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Even when it was passed, the Dems stated that cost containment would continue to be a problem and that they and the Pubs should work on that next. Unfortunately, the latter just tried to dismantle it, which was and is being "pro-death", btw.

And yet President Pro-Death still wants to eliminate the health insurance for 20,000,000 Americans during this pandemic, which is also compatible with the fact that he wants to force all students back into classrooms regardless of the consequences from covid. Since I am pro-life, I find both of those actions to be very reprehensible.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Even when it was passed, the Dems stated that cost containment would continue to be a problem and that they and the Pubs should work on that next. Unfortunately, the latter just tried to dismantle it, which was and is being "pro-death", btw.

And yet President Pro-Death still wants to eliminate the health insurance for 20,000,000 Americans during this pandemic, which is also compatible with the fact that he wants to force all students back into classrooms regardless of the consequences from covid. Since I am pro-life, I find both of those actions to be very reprehensible.
I don't think a 250% increase in insurance premiums is a "cost containment" problem... when I view it. People lost insurance because they couldn't pay it causing death to be a possibility. At one point there was over 8 million who paid the penalty because they couldn't afford the increased payments.

Do you have more info on the eliminating health insurance? Or is it a different format to promote insurance?

Kenny

Premium Member
This is largely a byproduct of our for-profit system, as we spend 2-3 times more per 100,000 people as compared to western Europeans, Canadians. Aussies, etc., and yet they have universal coverage and we still don't.
I think the answer is forcing them to list prices. Not that there aren't other systems...

Niblo

Premium Member
I like this one about boris, presumably the same for your fearless leader

View attachment 41992

From Star Trek - Deep Space Nine:

Dr. Julian Bashir:
You know, I still have a lot of questions to ask you about your past.

Elim Garak:
I have given you all the answers I'm capable of.

Dr. Julian Bashir:
You've given me answers all right; but they were all different. What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?

Elim Garak:
My dear Doctor, they're all true.

Dr. Julian Bashir:
Even the lies?

Elim Garak:
Especially the lies.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The average monthly health insurance premium for a family increased from $369 in 2008 to $1,021 in 2017. Health insurance costs are expected to rise another 5.6 percent by 2025.

Because Obamacare was a ruse to try to make a single payer effort and that can only happen if everything increases to give you an excuse to make it so. :D
Huh? Are you saying single payer would be more expensive? Why?
Obamacare is not single payer.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think a 250% increase in insurance premiums is a "cost containment" problem... when I view it. People lost insurance because they couldn't pay it causing death to be a possibility. At one point there was over 8 million who paid the penalty because they couldn't afford the increased payments.

Do you have more info on the eliminating health insurance? Or is it a different format to promote insurance?
Lots of countries have eliminated health insurance. It's an expensive middle-man that provides no actual healthcare and dictates treatments to doctors and hospitals -- generally the cheapest, not the proper treatments. If a particular claim promises to be expensive, they'll simply cancel the policy and pay nothing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From Star Trek - Deep Space Nine:

Dr. Julian Bashir:
You know, I still have a lot of questions to ask you about your past.

Elim Garak:
I have given you all the answers I'm capable of.

Dr. Julian Bashir:
You've given me answers all right; but they were all different. What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?

Elim Garak:
My dear Doctor, they're all true.

Dr. Julian Bashir:
Even the lies?

Elim Garak:
Especially the lies.
That makes me cry. Garak is cool, and pleasant, polite, amd friendly company.
Trump and BoJo to compare them Garak. :sob:
I'd rather play dabo at Quarks with Quark and his crew of Ferengi.:p

tytlyf

Not Religious
Speaking of lies. The president will attempt these swindles before the election.
Fear and False Promises.

Niblo

Premium Member
That makes me cry. Garak is cool, and pleasant, polite, amd friendly company.
Trump and BoJo to compare them Garak. :sob:
I'd rather play dabo at Quarks with Quark and his crew of Ferengi.:p

Yes. Garak is one of my favourites. Just a simple tailor!

As for Quark: 'Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother. Insult something he cares about instead.' (31st Rule of Acquisition). :)

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Previously...
And the Democrats are in control of House of Representatives.

Trump had a Republican House and Senate for two years. Don't you know that?

sure do, just like Obama... doesn't mean much unless you have an overwhelming majority. Republicans in Democratically help enclaves still vote what their constituents want.

First, you blamed Trump's failures on the "fact" that "Democrats are in control of House of Representatives". When I reminded you that was not the case for two years, you make an excuse about Trump not having an overwhelming majority. Obama passed ACA without an overwhelming majority.

You just can't bring yourself to admit that your demi-god-wanna-be-ruler failed at pretty much everything he lyingly promised.

It's just amazing that people ignore his failures, or make nonsensical excuses for them, and continue to want to be fooled.

ecco

Veteran Member
I think the answer is forcing them to list prices.

ER Doctor: Sir you are having a heart attack. We need to put you into an OR and insert a stent to clear the blockage.
Man having heart attack: Please give me a laptop so that I can shop around for the cheapest Interventional cardiologist.

Kenny

Premium Member
ER Doctor: Sir you are having a heart attack. We need to put you into an OR and insert a stent to clear the blockage.
Man having heart attack: Please give me a laptop so that I can shop around for the cheapest Interventional cardiologist.
Hmmm....

Dr. I need a X-ray
Dr. I have to have my rotorcuff rebuilt
Dr. They want me to have a biopsy
Dr. It is requested that I colonoscopy

We are talking about things that can have time - not emergencies ;)

metis

And my son and his wife are two of them who couldn't afford it at first. And it very much is a cost-containment problem since we pay the most as compared to all the other industrialized countries. And some conveniently forget that the previous 10 years prior to the ACA had medical inflation at just over 9% per year, thus literally doubling over 11 years.

Trump over and over again has tried to end the ACA completely, claiming that he would replace it with something better. And yet over the years when he and the Pubs were in control, not only was nothing of that like passed, they never even drew up a single proposal. Why? Because the Pubs cannot even get their own act together on this.

I think the answer is forcing them to list prices. Not that there aren't other systems...
One can access them right now, but if you're having a heart attack, heaven forbid, are you going to go on-line and check these prices out while having chest pains? And what if there's no other hospitals in your area?

IOW, one really has to deal with this question: Why do we pay 2-3 times more for health care than the other industrialized countries and yet not everyone here is even insured, plus we have worst outcomes that most of them? Why, why, why???

The bottom line: Our healthcare system is not working well at all unless you got the $.

Kenny

Premium Member
IOW, one really has to deal with this question: Why do we pay 2-3 times more for health care than the other industrialized countries and yet not everyone here is even insured, plus we have worst outcomes that most of them? Why, why, why???

The bottom line: Our healthcare system is not working well at all unless you got the $.

I think we are saying the same thing. How we get to that decision, or the ingredients in our own perspectives may be different. Something DOES need to be done.

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind when I was a lot younger than my youthful current self, I thought that if you were in need of hospital help, you could basically go to any hospital and they would help.

metis

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind when I was a lot younger than my youthful current self, I thought that if you were in need of hospital help, you could basically go to any hospital and they would help.
And since i'm ol-- er, I mean more mature than you:p-- I remember when doctors came to the house, such as when I was a child with a 105 temp. I survived:) but it caused a lot of brain damage.:(