• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter asks Trump about his lying

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
A more neutral look which factors in increased benefits, subsidies etc:

Did Obamacare Make Premiums Go Up?
Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words:

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 7.54.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 8.02.30 PM.png

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But this is aggregate spending. It doesn't necessarily reflect average individual bills or insurance costs.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

View attachment 42022

View attachment 42023
That really illustrates the problem caused by big pharma in stark terms. It's why we need a revolutionary restructuring health care in the US to bring our costs down to the rest of the world.

Some of it would be fixed prices. I can ask for a fixed price bid on a home remodel. I can ask for fixed price bids in other situations. Health care should be the same.

Kenny

Premium Member
That really illustrates the problem caused by big pharma in stark terms. It's why we need a revolutionary restructuring health care in the US to bring our costs down to the rest of the world.

Some of it would be fixed prices. I can ask for a fixed price bid on a home remodel. I can ask for fixed price bids in other situations. Health care should be the same.
Or, as Trump is trying to do, have prices listed so you can pick where you go and what you buy

ecco

Veteran Member
This is the sort of sophomoric stunt that causes the low opinion that people have of members of the press.
Some of us have a very low opinion of the likes of Hannity, Carlson, Cavuto, and well, almost all the Sheeple's at Fox. They would never think of asking Trump a hardball question. They don't even throw softballs toward Trump, they gently roll beach balls in his direction.

ecco

Veteran Member

View attachment 42022
View attachment 42022
Did you miss this part of the heading of your chart - "SPENDING"!

What your chart clearly shows is that more people could afford to buy prescription drugs.

What your chart clearly shows is that more people could get necessary care.

What your chart clearly shows is that more hospital bills were being paid instead of being written off.

You probably don't understand that. Let me give an analogy, if we have a chart that shows spending on new cars or new homes or new TVs increasing, that's a good thing, isn't it?

Thank you for posting that chart.

ecco

Veteran Member
Or, as Trump is trying to do, have prices listed so you can pick where you go and what you buy
He's had 3 1/2 years - he hasn't done it.
Just like he hasn't brought back steel mills.
Just like he hasn't brought back coal mining jobs.
Just like he hasn't done most of what he promised even though he had Repub Majorities in the House and the Senate for two years.

But, hey! He did install a couple of pro-religion anti-abortion Supremes, so you should be happy as a pig in mud.

Kenny

Premium Member
View attachment 42022
Did you miss this part of the heading of your chart - "SPENDING"!

What your chart clearly shows is that more people could afford to buy prescription drugs.

What your chart clearly shows is that more people could get necessary care.

What your chart clearly shows is that more hospital bills were being paid instead of being written off.

You probably don't understand that. Let me give an analogy, if we have a chart that shows spending on new cars or new homes or new TVs increasing, that's a good thing, isn't it?

Thank you for posting that chart.

You are welcome :)

BUT

your analogy is incorrect. If you are spending more on prescription drugs, then your insurance is paying less. Increase medical payments being made means insurances are paying more which translates into higher rates.

The average monthly health insurance premium for a family increased from $369 in 2008 to $1,021 in 2017. Health insurance costs are expected to rise another 5.6 percent by 2025.

What is the Average Health Insurance Premium?

The proof is in the payments.

Kenny

Premium Member
He's had 3 1/2 years - he hasn't done it.
Just like he hasn't brought back steel mills.
Just like he hasn't brought back coal mining jobs.
Just like he hasn't done most of what he promised even though he had Repub Majorities in the House and the Senate for two years.

But, hey! He did install a couple of pro-religion anti-abortion Supremes, so you should be happy as a pig in mud.

Hmmm... do you blame Trump for everything?

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.20.12 PM.png

You are wrong about steel (COVID was 20209)

Right about coal but is it because natural gas is replacing it? Coal electricity being replaced? Are you upset that cleaner natural gas is being used?

And the Democrats are in control of House of Representatives.

What is your point?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are welcome :)

BUT

your analogy is incorrect. If you are spending more on prescription drugs, then your insurance is paying less. Increase medical payments being made means insurances are paying more which translates into higher rates.

The average monthly health insurance premium for a family increased from $369 in 2008 to $1,021 in 2017. Health insurance costs are expected to rise another 5.6 percent by 2025.

What is the Average Health Insurance Premium?

The proof is in the payments.
How much would they have risen without the ACA?
We must also take into consideration that many of the cheap, pre-ACA policies were, essentially, junk. They didn't cover the minimum currently required under Obamacare.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Where is a specific bill submitted to congress? If none, then it's just bluster.

Of course, this only applies to elective surgery, but given the disparity that now exists in the US for the same procedure, it would be a start.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How much would they have risen without the ACA?
We must also take into consideration that many of the cheap, pre-ACA policies were, essentially, junk. They didn't cover the minimum currently required under Obamacare.
Besides which the right fought an all out war to stop the ACA and to keep it from containing some really needed provisions by calling voluntary end of life discussions "death panels" for one thing.

Shaul

Premium Member
Some of us have a very low opinion of the likes of Hannity, Carlson, Cavuto, and well, almost all the Sheeple's at Fox. They would never think of asking Trump a hardball question. They don't even throw softballs toward Trump, they gently roll beach balls in his direction.
Hannity isn’t really a reporter, he’s more of an entertainer or commentator. I don’t watch Fox myself. But I think you a wrong to paint them as in the pocket of President Trump. Fox News has been critical of him many times. On the other hand CNN, as far as I know, has never said something positive about him. Which is worse and more biased.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you are spending more on prescription drugs, then your insurance is paying less.

True. But that is not what your chart says. It says more is being spent on drugs. It does not show who/what is doing the spending.

Increase medical payments being made means insurances are paying more which translates into higher rates.

It also means hospitals are getting paid for services rendered to more people. Do you know how hospitals make up for people who do not / can not pay for services? Here's a quick overview:
  • The raise rates so that they can get more from each person who does pay (eg people who are insured).
  • They write off the uncollectible amounts. This lowers their tax base. This means your community get less revenue from hospitals and raise your taxes to make up the difference.

There is no free lunch.

Why did that happen? Do you know? Do you know people who have jobs? I do. Good jobs with good companies. For many of them, the companies have cut back on the amount of money they contribute toward health insurance. The result, more Americans are spending more money for their health care insurance.

In any case, you've done what all Trump Sheeples do. When Trump gets called out for lying...

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data - Forbes
www.forbes.com › sites › davidmarkowitz › 2020/05/05

May 5, 2020 - Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US.​
...the Sheeples 'sputter, sputter, yeah, but what about Obama'.

Here is another lie/broken promise.
Trump backs Medicare negotiating drug prices
The Associated Press quotes Trump as telling a crowd in Farmington, N.H., that Medicare, a huge buyer of prescription drugs, could "save $300 billion" a year if it negotiated discounts.​
Many Repubs believed him. He didn't deliver. Sheeples blame Obama.

Kenny

Premium Member

Why did that happen? Do you know?

Because Obamacare was a ruse to try to make a single payer effort and that can only happen if everything increases to give you an excuse to make it so. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
Hmmm... do you blame Trump for everything?
I blame Trump for lying to gullible people. I blame Trump for completely mismanaging the COVID epidemic.

You are wrong about steel (COVID was 20209)
That makes no sense.

Right about coal but is it because natural gas is replacing it? Coal electricity being replaced? Are you upset that cleaner natural gas is being used?

Trump promised coal miners their jobs would come back. They believed him. They voted for him. Their jobs have not / will not come back because the mining industry has changed. He knowingly lied to them because he knew that the industry had changed. He discarded environmental restrictions so that the big coal mining companies could make more money at the expense of the environment.
  • A win for Trump, he got the miners' votes
  • A win for Trump, he got donations from big mining companies.
  • A loss for the environment.
  • A loss for the mining families that voted for him.
Whose side are you on?

And the Democrats are in control of House of Representatives.
Trump had a Republican House and Senate for two years. Don't you know that?

ecco

Veteran Member
Hannity isn’t really a reporter, he’s more of an entertainer or commentator. I don’t watch Fox myself. But I think you a wrong to paint them as in the pocket of President Trump. Fox News has been critical of him many times. On the other hand CNN, as far as I know, has never said something positive about him. Which is worse and more biased.

Let's look at what you said...
  • I don’t watch Fox myself.
  • Fox News has been critical of him many times.

I guess that makes you a psychic.

Kenny

Premium Member
Trump had a Republican House and Senate for two years. Don't you know that?

sure do, just like Obama... doesn't mean much unless you have an overwhelming majority. Republicans in Democratically help enclaves still vote what their constituents want.