• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter asks Trump about his lying

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At last someone put it to Trump. Of course he did not answer that question, but I'm glad it was asked. Every day in every way he needs to be confronted with who he really is and what he's really done.

'Do you regret all your lying?' White House reporter's question startles Trump

S.V. Dáte had waited five long years to ask Donald Trump one question: “Mr President, after three and a half years [of Trump’s presidency], do you regret at all, all the lying you’ve done to the American people?”

Confronted with Dáte’s question at Thursday’s White House briefing, Trump responded with a question of his own. “All the what?,” he said.

Dáte: “All the lying, all the dishonesties.”

Trump: “That who has done?”

“You have done,” said Dáte, who is the Huffington Post’s White House correspondent. “Tens of thousan–”, he began to say, before Trump cut him off and called on another journalist, who asked a question about payroll tax.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At last someone put it to Trump. Of course he did not answer that question, but I'm glad it was asked. Every day in every way he needs to be confronted with who he really is and what he's really done.

'Do you regret all your lying?' White House reporter's question startles Trump

S.V. Dáte had waited five long years to ask Donald Trump one question: “Mr President, after three and a half years [of Trump’s presidency], do you regret at all, all the lying you’ve done to the American people?”

Confronted with Dáte’s question at Thursday’s White House briefing, Trump responded with a question of his own. “All the what?,” he said.

Dáte: “All the lying, all the dishonesties.”

Trump: “That who has done?”

“You have done,” said Dáte, who is the Huffington Post’s White House correspondent. “Tens of thousan–”, he began to say, before Trump cut him off and called on another journalist, who asked a question about payroll tax.
Trump is not used to get put in place where he needs to defend him self. He just don't know how to answer, because he is used to all people do as he say. He don't know how to speak truth any more.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I like this one about boris, presumably the same for your fearless leader

facebook_1590438566629.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Trump is not used to get put in place where he needs to defend him self.

I think it's more like "Trump is not used to admit his flaws/mistakes". This one he can never defend and should not even try, because it is the truth.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I love to see the Donald squirm as much as the next tiger, but I am not sure what the reporter expected. It was a load question, clearly, and any response from him would have looked bad. I am not surprised that he dodged it entirely.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

OK... I'm cool with what was passed by Obama... but I am always wary of titles. I clicked on the links and found this for "veterans Choice".

President Obama Signs Bill to Give the VA the Resources It Needs

Doesn't really say anything about "choice". Don't see really any choice but just an attempt to make services better.

do you have a better source?

If memory serves me correctly "Choice" by Trump means you can go outside of the Veterans Health Care. Am I wrong?

Appreciate any source you can give me, instruction or correction.

Thanks

EDIT:

Found it.... if over 40 miles - and they can't get timely care....

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Whats the big deal about lying? All politicians are liars.

Almost everyone in the world lies. I know a politician is lying when he or she makes a promise that can't be fulfilled. But to me quantity and the nature of the lies matters. Various fact checkers have pointed that out for every politician. But Trump is 'special'.

Trump's a very bad liar who creates real problems with his lying - for example birtherism and other lies that create larger and larger divisions between left and right.

He uses his lies to gaslight people. He combines his lies with sexism, racism, nepotism and more.

But to answer the unasked question: it's fair for reporters to ask any politician about the lies they've told.

Kenny

Premium Member
Why would I want to keep my doctor? Depends where I live. I'm on the ACA. And yes, it's cheaper. EPO as well.
The average person lost their doctors and it got more expensive. Probably making up the difference for your cheaper insurance.

But I am happy that when you didn't like your doctors and found some that you did like.

Shaul

Premium Member
This is the sort of sophomoric stunt that causes the low opinion that people have of members of the press.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The average person lost their doctors and it got more expensive. Probably making up the difference for your cheaper insurance.

But I am happy that when you didn't like your doctors and found some that you did like.
I was under the impression that the ACA actually did lower medical costs, despiteGOP propaganda to the contrary. Lowered costs, of course, were not its primary aim, and it made only a few provisions toward this end.
Did the ACA Lead to High Medical Costs? - Obamacare Facts
The Affordable Care Act has saved billions in health care costs - STAT

Moreover, the Republicans sabotaged one of it's provisions, the Risk Corridors, from the beginning, forcing insurance companies to raise premiums, all the while denouncing the whole act as a fiscal disaster. They've been chipping away at it ever since.
They're in the pocket of the insurance and pharmaceutical industries.
12 ways the GOP sabotaged Obamacare

Kenny

Premium Member
I was under the impression that the ACA actually did lower medical costs, despiteGOP propaganda to the contrary. Lowered costs, of course, were not its primary aim, and it made only a few provisions toward this end.
Did the ACA Lead to High Medical Costs? - Obamacare Facts
The Affordable Care Act has saved billions in health care costs - STAT

Moreover, the Republicans sabotaged one of it's provisions, the Risk Corridors, from the beginning, forcing insurance companies to raise premiums, all the while denouncing the whole act as a fiscal disaster. They've been chipping away at it ever since.
They're in the pocket of the insurance and pharmaceutical industries.
12 ways the GOP sabotaged Obamacare

A more detailed analysis.

Overwhelming Evidence That Obamacare Caused Premiums To Increase Substantially