• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand, means what?

socharlie

I find according to the Bible that the physical world (Eden) was our original home.
God gave Adam and Eve a job to do, besides having children, they were to enlarge Eden to cover the Earth.
Mankind could live here on Earth forever if choosing to keep God's Law.
That is why Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
Eden was not the place where Adam was in physical body, that is why Adam and Eve were not separated, Adam was looking for physical body and had to give names to animals while looking for body - that is how Nachmanides explains Eden, I think it makes sense , Adam expelled to physical world - that is the final line. Matthew 5: 3 mentioned will inherit the Earth v.3 says that some will say theirs is the kingdom of heaven ...

2ndpillar

After the 1,000 years I find Satan is released, and then thrown into ' second death ' as per Revelation 21:8.
So, ' second death ' is a fitting symbol for the lake of fire.
The definition of the lake of fire is defined as ' second death ' as found at Revelation 20:13-14.

Since Jesus will destroy Satan according to Hebrews 2:14 B, then Satan does Not have everlasting life.
ALL the wicked are 'destroyed forever' according to Psalms 92:7. Satan is wicked.
Satan is a sinner. Sinners die according to Ezekiel 18:4,20. Some destroyed as per Acts of the Apostles 3:23.

As "Christians" seem to claim to be "sinners", I think the "wicked", those that sin, would refer to them and not Satan. Those who choose to remain sinners, would learn the meaning of a second death. Satan is an angel, and angels don't die, they are locked in the abyss, or in the case of the end of the millennium, they are thrown into the "lake of fire" whereas they will be supposedly "tormented day and night forever and ever". (Rev 20:10) While Paul may claim to be changed into incorruptible, apparently whatever his state, being that of his unclean spirit (Rev 16:13-14), or whatever, the consequences of the false prophet don't sound inviting.

As for you quoting Ez 18:4 & 20, it reads "the soul who sins will die", which is why you have some many walking dead, mostly among "Christians", who seem proud of their circumstance.

Kelly of the Phoenix

And as man is known to have a perverse mind and heart (Jeremiah 17:9),
Every man? Seems awfully ... generalized. What about the men described as righteous? Were THEY perverse as well? Don't conflate reality with a prophet's grumpy griping.

them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Thanks for making me think of the scene from The Last Jedi with Luke and the green "milk". Ick.

Ezekiel 9:23‘Make the chain, for the land is full of bloody crimes and the city is full of violence. 24‘Therefore, I will bring the worst of the nations, and they will possess their houses. I will also make the pride of the strong ones cease, and their holy places will be profaned. 25‘When anguish comes, they will seek peace, but there will be none. 26‘Disaster will come upon disaster and rumor will be added to rumor; then they will seek a vision from a prophet, but the law will be lost from the priest and counsel from the elders. 27‘The king will mourn, the prince will be clothed with horror, and the hands of the people of the land will tremble. According to their conduct I will deal with them, and by their judgments I will judge them. And they will know that I am the LORD.’”
Well, if Fox News is looking for another anchor, clearly Ezekiel is the guy.

Or according to Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, 2000 years. The fact that Judah has been under judgment (Hosea 5:11) for 2000 years didn't seem to strike a nerve.
The problem with numerology is that numbers can be figurative. If I tell Mom I'll be ready in 5 minutes, it may not be LITERALLY five minutes, but 3 or 7 or whatever. The bible likes round numbers and 3 and 7 and 12 ... but none of those matter. They are used for figures of speech.

Surely Jesus was Not teaching those Pharisees that God's kingdom was inside of those hate-filled people.
The Kingdom is there. Recognition is not.

This is why started by explaining Isaiah's name (saved by the Lord) is the reverse of it... Yet people are not saved by believing in Yeshua's death; yet by following his character, and knowledge.
Exactly. How or why he died is irrelevant. Only the Way is relevant.

until after (I will deliver My flock) (Ez 34:22), and I will put "one shepherd" "My servant David" "over them"...." and they will no longer be prey to the nations".
Why would we rehire a shepherd who left them to the wolves in the first place?

I find the ' righteous ' are those of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 who Jesus separates as figurative humble ' sheep '.
Sheep end up as lamb chops, though. :) Note the lesson of Abel: be righteous and be murdered, be a jerk and create civilization.

2ndpillar

reality with a prophet's grumpy griping.

I think "grumpy griping" applies more to women then men. (Proverbs 21:9) "Perverse" would apply to those who pervert what is said, into what they want to portray as what has been said. That applies to both men and "griping" women. I would suggest that you get a cat, but since I don't actually hate cats, I will won't go that far. One must be humane to animals, even cats.

New American Standard Bible Proverbs 21:9
It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Kingdom is there. Recognition is not.
Exactly. How or why he died is irrelevant. Only the Way is relevant.
Why would we rehire a shepherd who left them to the wolves in the first place?
Sheep end up as lamb chops, though. :) Note the lesson of Abel: be righteous and be murdered, be a jerk and create civilization.

The kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is God's government. Recognition of Daniel 2:44 is not.
Jesus is king ( ruler/ president ) of God's kingdom for a thousand years.
At the end of 1,000 years, then Jesus hands back God's kingdom to his God as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

Yes, righteous Abel was murdered, and Abel will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection when Jesus reigns.
Not ALL righteous people are murdered, and those living persons at the time of Revelation 7:14 can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins. They are the figurative ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37. Since they are figurative ' sheep ' they do Not end up as lamb chops.

The corrupted clergy class ( they are wolves in sheep's clothing ) are the ones who try to fleece the flock of God according to Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.

2ndpillar

The corrupted clergy class ( they are wolves in sheep's clothing ) are the ones who try to fleece the flock of God according to Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.

The "ravenous wolves" in "sheep's clothing" are the "false prophets" of Mt 7:15, and not your "corrupt clergy class" which are the "male goats" of Ezekiel 34, who eat the fat of the sheep and do not feed or heal the flock (Ez 34:3-4) & (Zech 11:16). The "male goats" of Ez 34:15 will be judged, the "false prophet" of Revelation 20:10, has already been judged.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The "ravenous wolves" in "sheep's clothing" are the "false prophets" of Mt 7:15, and not your "corrupt clergy class" which are the "male goats" of Ezekiel 34, who eat the fat of the sheep and do not feed or heal the flock (Ez 34:3-4) & (Zech 11:16). The "male goats" of Ez 34:15 will be judged, the "false prophet" of Revelation 20:10, has already been judged.

What gospel writer Luke wrote at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 I find has nothing to do with 1st-century people.
I has to do with people who come 'after' the first century ends.
That ties in with Jesus' illustration about how genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the ' harvest time ' arrives. A harvest comes at an end time and Not sooner.
So, the harvest was Not in the first century but later. Much later as to culminate in our day or time frame.
We are now nearing the ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 which did Not take place in the 1st century.

2ndpillar

What gospel writer Luke wrote at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 I find has nothing to do with 1st-century people.
I has to do with people who come 'after' the first century ends.
That ties in with Jesus' illustration about how genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the ' harvest time ' arrives. A harvest comes at an end time and Not sooner.
So, the harvest was Not in the first century but later. Much later as to culminate in our day or time frame.
We are now nearing the ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 which did Not take place in the 1st century.

Lie to yourself all you want. Yeshua's warning, given to shelter himself "from the blood of all men" (Acts 20:26) was "preaching the kingdom" (Acts20:25), and warning "after my departure" (Acts 20:29) of the "salvage wolves" which were to come. Yeshua departed around 30 A.D. and not after the "1st century". The "savage wolves" are none other the "ravenous wolves" of Genesis 49:27 & Mt 7:15, the false prophets of the tribe of Benjamin. Your leader and teacher, the Pharisee of Pharisees, the foremost of sinners, Paul.

The "good seed" is the "word of the kingdom" (Mt 13:19), the tare seed, is the word of the "enemy" The tares are developed plants. The tare seed and the good seed are planted in the same "field", which is the NT. The fully matured plants will be harvested at the "end of the age", which is now. The "enemy" is Paul.(Mt13:25).

Last edited: