• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reparations- the death knell of the Democrat's 2020 election

tigrers2019

With the take over of the entire Executive branch of our government and the take over of half (Republican) of our Legeslative branch, what on earth do these Democratic Presidential candididates do? They bring up a totally regressive issue. An issue that is surely to cause Democratic voters to stay home. It makes me wonder if these candidates were being controlled by the Russians just as their Republican brothers and sisters.

Instead, they should have been discussing Impeachment Inquiries, and would have had the very old and frail Polosi had not been confronted by the Kremlin.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think Democrats should push reparations for black folk.
How about $1,000,000 per person?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Instead, they should have been discussing Impeachment Inquiries
So they can empower Trump when it doesnt happen? Which is the reality we live in. "Cant indict a sitting president" says Mueller, "totally exhinerated of all wrong doings" says the Republicans. Its a lost cause unless Dems can win Congress next year.

We Never Know

No Slack
I think Democrats should push reparations for black folk.
How about $1,000,000 per person?

Slavery supposedly ended in 1865. At that time there were 36 states. The state's of those 36 states that had slavery, should pay every person that was a slave a settlement... But those slaves have to be here to sign for it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Slavery supposedly ended in 1865. At that time there were 36 states. The state's of those 36 states that had slavery, should pay every person that was a slave a settlement... But those slaves have to be here to sign for it.
Sounds fair to me.
Also, my entire family didn't even come down out of the
trees, & move to Ameristan until well after the Civil War.
Our only sins are being white & Asian.
So we should get a discount.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sounds fair to me.

What's going to be next , reparations to Hispanics that came here, worked and were under paid for the last 100 or so years?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds fair to me.

My great-great-great grandfather fought on the Union side in the Civil War. However, I had a great-great-great uncle who fought on the Confederate side.

But then again, whatever wealth there might have been in the former Confederate states was all looted and plundered by Yankee carpetbaggers and scalawags. So, I guess the Yankees should have to pay.