• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. Louie Gohmert - tests positive

ecco

Veteran Member
(in black - indented)
My responses in red

There is a cost factor for every decision. Can we use a little logic?
I have used logic and facts. You have quoted opinion pieces that support your agenda. You ignore the fact that the very people who supported homeschooling are now clamoring for - demanding - the reopening of all schools. Is it logical to reopen schools in places like Florida and Texas where daily COVID deaths are at an all-time high?

1) Businesses are closing - bankruptcy
Yet the stock market is not all that bothered. It is where it was last September. Don't you wonder why?

Many businesses that have closed are retailers who were on their last legs due to internet sales.

But, yes. Many people are out of work. Instead of shuttering businesses, we could have left them open. That way thousands of hairdressers, gym owners, bar and restaurant owners, hotels, and their employees and customers could be in intensive care units or dead instead of at home hoping that the Republicans will approve financial relief.

2) Jobs are being lost affecting income capacity
See above.

3) Children's education are being affected
See posts #32 and #36. Try to actually read and comprehend them this time.

Again, Is it logical to reopen schools in places like Florida and Texas where daily COVID deaths are at an all-time high?

4) You can't hug anyone (touch is still a necessity), have to stay home, can't go out like you use too.
Aww, poor baby. How many people can you hug when you are in an ICU? How many people can you hug when you are dead?

Each additional change affects the psyche of a person with 3 major changes classified as critical.
???

ecco

Veteran Member
So, you are many religious conservative Republicans are all homeschoolers?

If you believe that sentence makes sense, you are wrong.

Perhaps you need to slow down. It's clear you don't take the time to read and comprehend what I write and what I quote. It's clear your responses are words thrown together with no clear thought process.

Do you not understand that "many religious conservative Republicans" is not the same as "all Republicans"? It's no wonder that you post articles without understanding the content.

Did you use logic when you wrote this?

Yes. I was pointing out the difference between what I wrote: "many religious conservative Republicans" and what you claimed I wrote: "all Republicans".

I will be glad to keep pointing out your intentional misinterpretations as long as you continue to make them.

ecco

Veteran Member
How is it that you do not have access to this common knowledge?
I'm amused.... are you biased? NY Times political report?

Again, you need to slow down and read more carefully. I also posted articles from...

I realize that it is more comforting to you to keep your head buried in the sand or in Trump's whatever, but criticizing one of my sources and ignoring all the rest does not make you look good. And then accusing me of bias just makes you look hypocritical.

ecco

Veteran Member
My children are homeschool
I'm not at all surprised. I'm sure you want to protect them from all the evil influences that they would encounter in the real world. Things like knowledge of science.

and life continues as normal for them

As normal? Then why were you complaining about not being able to hug anyone?

But let me ask, would you get a haircut from a barber not wearing a mask and then go home and hug your kids?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not at all surprised. I'm sure you want to protect them from all the evil influences that they would encounter in the real world. Things like knowledge of science.

Apparently you have absolutely no knowledge about homeschooling. How many 4th graders can name every major event known by man? How many 6th graders can, from memory, draw the world and each country in each continent and get 90% of them correct? How many 7th graders have had a course in logic? How many 8th graders have presented a case before an actual judge?

They dissect like everyone else, learn biology, math, language et al.

(The list goes on)

Please study before posting or, at the least, ask something intelligent like "why did they choose homeschooling?"

As normal? Then why were you complaining about not being able to hug anyone?

Out of context... I said 3 major changes.

But let me ask, would you get a haircut from a barber not wearing a mask and then go home and hug your kids?

Are you complaining? Did you ask, "Do you wear a mask?" Can you name me a barber that doesn't wear a mask? Does the barber cough on his clients? If you have a mask on, does it really matter since you are already protected?

Is it what you want is dictatorship?

Kenny

Premium Member
Again, you need to slow down and read more carefully. I also posted articles from...
I realize that it is more comforting to you to keep your head buried in the sand or in Trump's whatever, but criticizing one of my sources and ignoring all the rest does not make you look good. And then accusing me of bias just makes you look hypocritical.
You continue to flow towards irrelevancy. You haven't debunked one fact i have given. Your strawman efforts won't work with me.

ecco

Veteran Member
Apparently you have absolutely no knowledge about homeschooling. How many 4th graders can name every major event known by man? How many 6th graders can, from memory, draw the world and each country in each continent and get 90% of them correct? How many 7th graders have had a course in logic? How many 8th graders have presented a case before an actual judge?

They dissect like everyone else, learn biology, math, language et al.

I don't understand your ramble. Are you suggesting that homeschooled kids like yours (and you?) can name every major event known by man?

In any case, I don't see why you are complaining...
3) Children's education are being affected

If your kids are homeschooled, why is their education being affected? Is it that you can't find any frogs to dissect?

Also, in your list of things that homeschooled kids learn, I didn't see any mention of evolution or the science that shows the true age of the universe.

Out of context... I said 3 major changes.

Not out of context. You said...
4) You can't hug anyone (touch is still a necessity), have to stay home, can't go out like you use too.
Then you admitted your children were home. Therefore I asked why you said you "can't hug anyone". I'll ask again, don't you get to hug your kids? If you were an ICU you wouldn't be able to hug your kids. People in ICUs don't get to hug their kids. One hundred fifty thousand dead Americans no longer get to hug their kids. Don't you understand that?

Are you complaining? Did you ask, "Do you wear a mask?" Can you name me a barber that doesn't wear a mask? Does the barber cough on his clients? If you have a mask on, does it really matter since you are already protected?

I don't personally know any barbers. So I Googled "barber refusing to wear mask" and the first thing that came up was...
Concerns rise over lack of barbers, hair stylists not wearing masksConcerns rise over lack of barbers, hair stylists not wearing masks
By Reggie Wells
Published: Jun. 23, 2020 at 1:19 AM EDT|Updated: Jun. 20, 2020 at 8:06 PM EDT

WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE) - There has been concern with some barbershops and salons accused of not abiding by state guidelines and restrictions, like wearing masks.

“It’s my job to protect the public from infectious diseases,” Bobby Avery says. He is a barber inspector for the Louisiana State Board of Barbers.

As barbershops and salons reopen shop and get to cutting, Avery says he’s received several complaints from customers in his region saying some employees aren’t abiding by state guidelines.

“I’m getting a lot of complaints from people that are saying, ‘well I went to my barber, my stylist and they didn’t have a mask on.’”
Once again, you show that people like you and the barber are willfully ignorant of what is going on with this pandemic.

ecco

Veteran Member
Is it what you want is dictatorship?

No. I do not want a dictatorship. That is one reason I am vehemently opposed to Donald Trump.

You are one of many Americans who conflate wearing a mask to slow the spread of a virus with living in a dictatorship.

Young men enlisted to fight and die in wars to save American lives. Young men were drafted to fight and die in a war in Vietnam. Young men and women died in Iraq and Afghanistan. For you.

You get all upset about being asked to wear a mask to save lives. Disgusting!

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't understand your ramble. Are you suggesting that homeschooled kids like yours (and you?) can name every major event known by man?

In any case, I don't see why you are complaining...

If your kids are homeschooled, why is their education being affected? Is it that you can't find any frogs to dissect?

Also, in your list of things that homeschooled kids learn, I didn't see any mention of evolution or the science that shows the true age of the universe.

Not out of context. You said...
Then you admitted your children were home. Therefore I asked why you said you "can't hug anyone". I'll ask again, don't you get to hug your kids? If you were an ICU you wouldn't be able to hug your kids. People in ICUs don't get to hug their kids. One hundred fifty thousand dead Americans no longer get to hug their kids. Don't you understand that?

I don't personally know any barbers. So I Googled "barber refusing to wear mask" and the first thing that came up was...
Concerns rise over lack of barbers, hair stylists not wearing masksConcerns rise over lack of barbers, hair stylists not wearing masks
By Reggie Wells
Published: Jun. 23, 2020 at 1:19 AM EDT|Updated: Jun. 20, 2020 at 8:06 PM EDT

WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE) - There has been concern with some barbershops and salons accused of not abiding by state guidelines and restrictions, like wearing masks.

“It’s my job to protect the public from infectious diseases,” Bobby Avery says. He is a barber inspector for the Louisiana State Board of Barbers.

As barbershops and salons reopen shop and get to cutting, Avery says he’s received several complaints from customers in his region saying some employees aren’t abiding by state guidelines.

“I’m getting a lot of complaints from people that are saying, ‘well I went to my barber, my stylist and they didn’t have a mask on.’”
Once again, you show that people like you and the barber are willfully ignorant of what is going on with this pandemic.

Ecco, nothing against you, but this seems more like a trolling effort than a discussion. You are making mountains out of mole hills and using strawman efforts

ecco

Veteran Member
Ecco, nothing against you, but this seems more like a trolling effort than a discussion. You are making mountains out of mole hills and using strawman efforts

Asserting that you can't hug anyone and then admitting your kids are at home is not me creating a strawman.

Complaining that not reopening schools is damaging kids' education and then admitting that your kids are homeschooled is not me creating a strawman.

Pointing out that people who denigrate mask wearing have contributed to the deaths of one hundred fifty thousand Americans, is not me making mountains out of molehills.

One could have hoped that something like a global pandemic, and ways to curtail it, would have shown people the value of science over arrogance. Sadly, this is not the case.

More sad is the failure of people to make a very small sacrifice by wearing a mask. Many of these same people like to wave the flag while forgetting that many others made far greater sacrifices to save the lives of Americans. If Trump had been a real leader he would have made mask wearing a sign of patriotism. If he had done that early on, we probably would be able to reopen schools safely now.

Kenny

Premium Member
Asserting that you can't hug anyone and then admitting your kids are at home is not me creating a strawman.

Complaining that not reopening schools is damaging kids' education and then admitting that your kids are homeschooled is not me creating a strawman.

Pointing out that people who denigrate mask wearing have contributed to the deaths of one hundred fifty thousand Americans, is not me making mountains out of molehills.

One could have hoped that something like a global pandemic, and ways to curtail it, would have shown people the value of science over arrogance. Sadly, this is not the case.

More sad is the failure of people to make a very small sacrifice by wearing a mask. Many of these same people like to wave the flag while forgetting that many others made far greater sacrifices to save the lives of Americans. If Trump had been a real leader he would have made mask wearing a sign of patriotism. If he had done that early on, we probably would be able to reopen schools safely now.
Again... more like trolling than an exchange of thoughts - making mountains out of mole hills, the proverbial "straining at the gnat while eating a camel".

Shalom,

Ken