• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. Greene files articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The Congresswoman later released a full statement, stating that Biden "is unfit to hold the office of the Presidency," accusing him of abuse of power during his time as vice president in the Obama White House, and accusing him of "blatant nepotism" with regards to his son Hunter.

View attachment 47092

Because Democrats control the House, there is no indication the House Speaker would consider taking up these articles.

It is also not clear whether other government representatives will be following her lead.

A political newcomer, Greene was elected in November. She's a documented supporter of the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory who’s been criticized for racist comments, the Associated Press reports.

Thats a real foot stomping because her god got beat. Sad really

Friend of Mara

The Congresswoman later released a full statement, stating that Biden "is unfit to hold the office of the Presidency," accusing him of abuse of power during his time as vice president in the Obama White House, and accusing him of "blatant nepotism" with regards to his son Hunter.

View attachment 47092

Because Democrats control the House, there is no indication the House Speaker would consider taking up these articles.

It is also not clear whether other government representatives will be following her lead.

A political newcomer, Greene was elected in November. She's a documented supporter of the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory who’s been criticized for racist comments, the Associated Press reports.
The general consensus of ...pretty much everyone is that this is just political showmanship. There isn't much legal basis. For one there isn't clear indication that one can even impeach a vice president.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is the woman who liked a Facebook post that said Pelosi needed a bullet between the eyes. Greene is the one who needs to be impeached.
People see the same thing. All sides of the isle. Its a type of McCarthyism where everyone is suddenly a traitor deserving execution I think.

I'm sure the same sentiment is true in reverse, but not expressed in public domains as much as others do.

Although inappropriate, I see it at this point as being a figure of speech more than a real tactile threat.

Wandering Monk

People see the same thing. All sides of the isle. Its a type of McCarthyism where everyone is suddenly a traitor deserving execution I think.

I'm sure the same sentiment is true in reverse, but not expressed in public domains as much as others do.

Although inappropriate, I see it at this point as being a figure of speech more than a real tactile threat.

Given what happened on the Capitol on January 6, I think you need to be less dismissive of threats like this.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That is called projecting. If I have a strange urge to rub tapioca pudding all over myself I am likely to assume everyone else has the same urge and is just lying about it.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Ms Greene is the gal all over OAN saying that
Democrats are wrong for impeaching (2nd time)
Trump without even a trial.
And she's a legislator....gawd help us all.

You don’t see how brilliantly the articles of impeachment against Biden show the absurdity of impeaching Trump - without a trial, etc.

To show their commitment to equality, only Republicans should be impeached, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You don’t see how brilliantly the articles of impeachment against Biden show the absurdity of impeaching Trump - without a trial, etc.

To show their commitment to equality, only Republicans should be impeached, right?
I don't understand your post.
To clarify mine....
It was about how impeachment is the step that precedes a
trial (in the Senate). So there's never a trial before anyone is
impeached. Ms Greene's being unaware of this basic fact of
our government is very strange for a legislator.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's gonna be "interesting" whether the congressional Pubs go with Greene or Cheney.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Being duly elected President is not an impeachable offense.
Nice try though.

To show their commitment to equality, those who have committed impeachable offenses should be impeached.
Regardless of their political affiliation.
That it appears more Republicans are committing impeachable offenses more often than Democrats is on the Republicans.