• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reopening the economy in certain states?

Riders

Tx. has been good about having fewer deaths and better results from social distancing. Trump will announce tomorrow 29 states who will be able to open the economy back up before April 30th. I am hoping Texas is one of them. He will announce it tomorrow.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Tx. has been good about having fewer deaths and better results from social distancing. Trump will announce tomorrow 29 states who will be able to open the economy back up before April 30th. I am hoping Texas is one of them. He will announce it tomorrow.

But the final decision is up to Governor Abbot. Correct?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And he really needs to not just reopen. He needs something more like what California will eventually do or else the medical systems will be overloaded.

Riders

That's not really in Trump's hands. From what I've gathered, governors and mayors will have a final say.

I just saw our Governor talk, he is going to make announcements about Texas Friday but says Dallas is at an all-time low, only one death today. He sounded like he is ready to start opening up the economy this is what he was speaking of.

Riders

Correct. Unless Congress were to invoke the interstate commerce clause, but that may cause a ruckus since Texas has had checkpoints and been turning people away.

Governor Abbott was talking about the reopening of our economy today and jas announcements Friday. I could be wrong but I think Dallas is going to open up, he said Dallas is doing really well, we had the lowest death rate today of 1 person.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Yesterday, Gov. Kate Brown ( Oregon ) announced conditions required prior to beginning a phased lifting of The Executive Stay-at-home Order.
  1. Continued decrease in number of confirmed cases per day in Oregon
  2. Maintain availability of PPEs for hospitals
  3. Implementation of Rapid Testing and Contact Tracing of Covid Cases
#3 appears to be the most significant hurdle.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I could care less what he claims since he has no power to tell states what to do.

Texas does have a reported low rate so that's hopeful for you if you live in a rural area without much normal social interaction.

And everything I've heard is that if we suddenly try to go back to the way it things were, we'll be quickly back in the worst of it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yesterday, Gov. Kate Brown ( Oregon ) announced conditions required prior to beginning a phased lifting of The Executive Stay-at-home Order.
Just reopening with missing measures is a recipe for disaster.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I could care less what he claims since he has no power to tell states what to do.

Texas does have a reported low rate so that's hopeful for you if you live in a rural area without much normal social interaction.

And everything I've heard is that if we suddenly try to go back to the way it things were, we'll be quickly back in the worst of it.
Do you remember what McCoy said about the Klingon on Friday's Child?
It could be said of Trump.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Go Beavers!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

There are 30 states up to now where their number of confirmed cases are less than 0.1 percent of their overall population; these states are 1. Alabama 2. Alaska 3. Arizona 4. Arkansas 5. California 6. Hawaii 7. Idaho 8. Iowa 9. Kansas 10. Kentucky 11. Maine 12. Minnesota 13. Missouri 14. Montana 15. Nebraska 16. New Hampshire 17. New Mexico 18.. North Carolina 19. North Dakota 20. Ohio 21. Oklahoma 22. Oregon 23. South Carolina 24. Tennessee 25. Texas 26. Utah 27. Virginia 28. West Virginia 29.. Wisconsin 30. Wyoming

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Go Beavers!

I predict Oregon is one of thirty states Trump approved for reopening before the end of this month; but if its governor doesn't see Oregon to be fit for reopening by then, I reckon she'll be facing an angry constituency.

b0136bf06c7cd1a0f46463ae469a5027.jpg

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do you remember what McCoy said about the Klingon on Friday's Child?
It could be said of Trump.

Good one: (calling him a liar in other words)

What the Klingon [Trump] has said is unimportant and we do not hear his words.

Rational Agnostic

There are 30 states up to now where their number of confirmed cases are less than 0.1 percent of their overall population; these states are 1. Alabama 2. Alaska 3. Arizona 4. Arkansas 5. California 6. Hawaii 7. Idaho 8. Iowa 9. Kansas 10. Kentucky 11. Maine 12. Minnesota 13. Missouri 14. Montana 15. Nebraska 16. New Hampshire 17. New Mexico 18.. North Carolina 19. North Dakota 20. Ohio 21. Oklahoma 22. Oregon 23. South Carolina 24. Tennessee 25. Texas 26. Utah 27. Virginia 28. West Virginia 29.. Wisconsin 30. Wyoming

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count

Interesting site. Good to see the curve is starting to bend. I'm of course in favor of re-opening. But it can't be done recklessly or all at once.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It should be done.
It should be very carefully done.
That's certainly true.

And it's also true that the lockdown has not been universal in any case with several states having requests not legal orders in any event. So those states are basically open at this point.