• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remembering George

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Today, the Beatles fandom is marking the 21st anniversary of the passing of our beloved George. As a lifelong Beatles fan, I'm doing the same with this thread. George will always be my favorite. If you'd like to post one of his songs in his memory, feel free to do so.

317501897_739272420901186_4816148016524797142_n.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good grief, is it really 21-years since he died!

It is interesting watching the Let it Be documentary that George's dissatisfaction with the number of songs on Beatles albums was probably one o0f the most significant reasons that they split up.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Good grief, is it really 21-years since he died!

It is interesting watching the Let it Be documentary that George's dissatisfaction with the number of songs on Beatles albums was probably one o0f the most significant reasons that they split up.

I recommend watching The Beatles: Get Back docuseries to gain a better perspective of why the Beatles decided to split up.

PureX

Veteran Member
Somewhere around here I have a DVD of a concert at the Royal Albert Hall honoring George Harrison after he died. The assortment of musicians is impressive, led by Eric Clapton. You could see that he was a very loved and respected and appreciated artist and human being. I think the show even toured at the time while various musicians dropped in and out along the way.

The whole first half was Indian music led by Ravi Shankar's daughter, Anoushka. This may not be everyone's cup-a-tea, but check out Eric Clapton playing guitar with an Indian Orchestra at about 38 mins. Also, Anoushka is very good on the citar earlier on.

Indian Section ...

Here's the section with all the western artists and George's music. It's gets very good about 10 mins in ...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a big fan of Here Comes The Sun, but this is the Harrison song that I still like the best fifty years later. The organ and bass are haunting. Also, one of Ringo's best:

Have you ever seen a list of all the songs written about Patty Harrison? From George, "I Need You", "If I Needed Someone", "Something" and "For You Blue," and from Clapton, "Layla", "Bell Bottom Blues" and "Wonderful Tonight."

PureX

Veteran Member
Hmmm ... "Long, Long, Long" sounds like something Billie Eilish and her brother might have made, or were inspired by. I know they are huge Beatles fans.