• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when TV was more pure and wholesome?

pearl

I can remember any bedroom scene involved twin beds.
When Jack Parr of the old Tonight Show was fired for referring to the toilet as 'water closet'.
Back when many things were left to the imagination.
And the language didn't affect you as fingernails on a blackboard. I often wonder which came first, did society adopt lifestyle from the tv or did the tv imitate life.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Wtf... apparently this was an actual commerical from the 70's... Pretty damn disturbing.

The 70's is not really known for its innocence. The debauchery started in the 60's and only got worse from there on.

Now if this commercial was from the 50's or earlier. You'd be spot on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe TV. But the music?

"Rocket 69" from 1951

“I’ll make you mighty happy that I’m your girl
We’ll fly through the sky and go out of this world
I’ll bet you sweet papa I can make you feel mighty fine
When you take a little trip on a rocket 69.”

http://www.rebeatmag.com/10-more-risque-and-often-censored-songs-from-the-1950s/

"Wasn't That Good" from 1953

“Let’s play a little game called ‘little Jacky Horner’
Go over there and sit in the corner
Gonna stick my finger in the pie
When I pull it out, you’ll know the reason why
Wasn’t that good?”

"Baby Let Me Bang Your Box" from 1954

MikeDwight

Man you're probably just some idiot playing a weird Ad again. Now making successful advertising is why marketers get paid. That one's just weird, hey, my Marketing professor did the same thing, Chinese workgroup said its illegal in the country of China, some Chinese commercial, didn't care. I'm still interested in the Line in the UK, I mean all Monty Python comedy throws tits everywhere, and there really are tits in the newspapers, and the marketing class said 'bring him to his knees' advertising. The sort of thing to get a Puritanical hat about and have more wild private sex life than usual, I say, is that a harlot, I think we must Leave!

steveb1

When TV was pure and wholesome, it too frequently bolstered a mediocre, "Norman Rockwell" status quo mores and social view. The age of TV innocence, like the age of American innocence, died in the period of (about) the mid-60s to the mid-70s. Everybody, it seemed, let their hair down (literally and figuratively) and let it all hang loose and that of course was not only reflected in TV, but was also spawned by TV.

But what began as valuable liberal social criticism (All in the Family, for example), has now ended as a vast wasteland of Leftist dystopian crud. Which again reflects social tendencies, but is also generated in and by the media themselves. I won't be specific about the explicit symptoms of Leftist bias and virtue signalling on today's TV (and of course films) because once that Pandora's Box is opened, threads almost invariable decay into mud-slinging vituperation. Suffice it to say that I agree that US and Western culture has betrayed its roots and is rolling around in cultural Marxism, and that the media both create and reflect that sad reality.

Ellen Brown

I have Internet, but neither Cable nor other kinds of TV service. I do have a Samsung TV but I bought it to use as a Computer Monitor. As it worked out, Computer Monitors are better and cheaper.

Perhaps TV in the late 50s and 60s was better? Nowadays, TV is probably about 45% or more advertisements, and the sitcoms cause brain damage. I used to watch House, Bones, and a few others... The topper was the increasingly bad language and social situations that I don't like.

TV could have been such an educational blessing but they blew it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Man you're probably just some idiot playing a weird Ad again. Now making successful advertising is why marketers get paid. That one's just weird, hey, my Marketing professor did the same thing, Chinese workgroup said its illegal in the country of China, some Chinese commercial, didn't care. I'm still interested in the Line in the UK, I mean all Monty Python comedy throws tits everywhere, and there really are tits in the newspapers, and the marketing class said 'bring him to his knees' advertising. The sort of thing to get a Puritanical hat about and have more wild private sex life than usual, I say, is that a harlot, I think we must Leave!
I may be an idiot, but your meandering non sequitur of a post lets me know I'm that I'm not alone.