• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember “Beatle Boots”?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Wikipedia: A Beatle boot is a style of boot that has been worn since the 1960s made popular by the English rock group The Beatles.

Remember “Beatle Boots”?

I do! Beatle boots (sometimes called Beatles Boots, but Beatle Boots was common) originated thanks to Brian Epstein in 1963 as a mod version of Chelsea boots, becoming tight-fitting, Cuban-heeled, ankle-length boots with a pointed toe. They became part of the “Fab Four” wardrobe after returning from Hamburg and the “Indra Club” and “Kaiserkeller Club days”.

dress-boots-beatles.jpg

So, I remember getting my Beatle Boots, my mom bought them for me – and I was so happy. However, apparently they were a cheap version perhaps, about three weeks later one of the heels broke off! Probably because I wore them every day with pride. I recall my Mother got mad with the “quality” due to the heel falling off, I was ready just to glue it back on or something though I was upset obviously, but she insisted she was going to “bring them back to complain” . . . and I didn’t want to go, but for some odd reason she made me go with. I didn’t because for some reason I felt so ashamed that the heel fell off of beloved Beatle Boots and certainly I didn’t want to give the boots a bad name!

Anyway, it became the horrible situation that I knew it would become, the store sales person felt I broke the heel off “in the normal way” boys do. That could have been true. I think it happened on a sidewalk curb I hit the heel against. My mom told me, “just let me talk to the man” stuff when I was asked how it happened. Then you could feel the adrenaline start to rise from both. Mom did get her money back.

“Never buy those shoes, again!” she said on the way to the car.

I was devastated.

These boots are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even today, I think back to them. I have no idea why I never got myself another pair. Sure, they were some fake vinyl material on the market. Doesn’t matter – these boots are a dream to wear. They are “killers”.

So about a couple of years ago, I told my daughter in response to “what do you want for Christmas?”, I said “Beatle Boots”. So she had no idea.

I recall going on the internet and searching with her, to find out who sells them. We could only find Chelsea boots. No. Those are not Beatle Boots. Chelsea boots have an undercase b in boots, but Beatle Boots have a capital B in Boots because they ARE the boots.

Now I do recall, even after all these years, that there is one “quirk” about Beatle Boots when buying them. Suppose you wear size 9 and ½ (American). Well, typically that size won’t fit. And they typically will be tighter so you need ½ up. I don’t have wide feet, it isn’t the width. It’s just the size. Don’t know why.

So today I looked on eBay – there were a couple of “Beatle Boots” and “Chelsea boots” that came close. But then, the size issue.

Beatle%2520Boots.jpg

Soon later, came the Black Turtleneck Shirt or Turtleneck “Sweater”. Loved those as well. But some folks then wore White Turtleneck Shirts/Sweater. Nice, too, but black is better.

1.JPG37.jpg

I heard, however, that Beatle Boots are making a comeback. Is that true? Any place who sells them?

What do you think of Beatle Boots? Can they make a “come back”?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Fantastic read! I find those boots very fashionable, and i'd love to wear them! And I always wanted to wear that Turtleneck ever since I saw it in a Beatles interview. Revoltingest has no taste! :p

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
What are crocs?

The Stones early on also wore Beatle Boots, especially Keith Richard. Which is amazing if you think about it, "Beatle(s)". But that was only for 64-1965.

The Kinks early venue wore Chelsea boots.

Before I die, I am getting me Beatle Boots again.

I remember the girls wearing white boots, like when Cher first started. I loved those boots, very cute on the girls. And then the sung Nancy Sinatra would sing, "These boots are made for walkin', and that's what they're gonna do. One of these days these boots are gunna walk all over you!"

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I like them. The one type of footwear I can't stand on myself or anyone else are trainers.