• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Systems and the Objective Universe

Hi,

many people who research the Buddhistic and Hinduistic left-hand traditions of India don't understand why the left-hand Setianism definies Buddhism and Hinduism as religions that try to merges the individual consciousness with the objective universe. In fact Hinduism and Buddhism Enlightment means to break out of Samsara, to enslave individual from the cycles of reincarnation.

Thus I thought many monthes about this contradiction, maybe you can give me some inspirations concerning this problem. First of all let me show you my perspective on this problem.

In both Buddhism and Hinduism the world of illusions (Maya or Samsara) is the other side of the same phenomena called in Buddhism "Nirvana", the eternal, absolute existence. For both systems the world of manifestations is not really different to the Absolute. If someone reaches moksha he is enslaved from the boundaries of creation, but bounded to the same world. The world of manifestations is the same as the world of absolute reality.

Is that the reason why left-hand Setianism defines (right hand/left hand) Buddhism and Hinduism as systems that try to merge individual consciousness with the objective universe?

And whats about the dualistic school Sankhya? Sankhya defines the soul als separated from Prakriti / Samsara, as an independent phenomena. At the end of the road the soul - in Moksha Kaivalya - is the "burn out candle" (unconscious), but it is separated from Nature / Objective Universe.

Some ideas ?

Best wishes
Sinistercurrent

Last edited: