• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious songs from your Religion

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I got a boatload more.

[youtube]3ep4Y16cWeg[/youtube]

[youtube]Wy9kwxub15Y[/youtube]

[youtube]3rt0BWid7CQ[/youtube]

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My favorite sacred music was always the music for Advent and Christmas and my favorite liturgical hymn is Gloria. I don't like the new arrangement for Gloria in the current Mass. It's too awkward and not as beautiful. :( Bach and Mozart's Requiem are also up there. Voices of Light, an oratio for the movie, the Passion of Joan of Arc, is also one of my favorites that I listen to a lot.

Some of my favorites:
[youtube]7RlMuRYvndU[/youtube]
[youtube]fClcM3Mn418[/youtube]
[youtube]k1yd9JhLPyM[/youtube]
[youtube]VoPNIXuUsm4[/youtube]
[youtube]MHJV7nE07Jw[/youtube]
[youtube]AZTZRtRFkvk[/youtube]
[youtube]ZlsJD8RlhbI[/youtube]

Brinne

Taiko drums. According to Shinto mythology Taiko drumming was invented/conceived when Amaterasu Omikami-sama was so enraged with her brother Susanoo that she hid in a cave, thus taking away all sunlight. All the kami tried to get her out through various means. Eventually, Ame no Uzume (a godess/kami who was much older) stood ontop of an empty sake drum and began to rhythmically stomp on it. The kami were so moved by this music that it become popular and evolved into taiko drumming.
[youtube]jUkE8UeEyTw[/youtube]
Kagura is a traditional Shinto performance that blends music, costumes, dance, and acting to create a scene depicted in Shinto mythology. This particular performance is showing the kami Susanoo defeat the eight headed snake Yamata no Orochi.
[youtube]3CuiVWRngeA[/youtube]

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
From the album Mythos Hildebrandslied by German band Duivelspeck (information about whom is virtually impossible for me to find since every web page about them is in German! :mad:):

Völuspá - Die Weissagung Aus Der Lieder - Edda (Or as I like to call it, The World Tree Dance).
[youtube]9M0OooHqmxs[/youtube]

Theotmahal - Die Thingstätte (Or, as I call it, Wotandance. ^_^)
[youtube]SGD0ClQ4ybM[/youtube]

From the current Pendragon of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids, Damh the Bard:

The Wicker Man (I got part of my signature from this song. ^_^)
[youtube]zcsBCUEZkqo[/youtube]

Antlered Crown and Standing Stone
[youtube]HCyod8ziZpo[/youtube]

From the German metal band Blind Guardian:

The Bard's Song:
[youtube]u_tORtmKIjE[/youtube]

From Miracle of Sound's Skyrim music:

Legends of the Frost
[youtube]0FLQ4rACE-0[/youtube]

Sovengarde Song
[youtube]8BHKLVr_Cxw[/youtube]

And finally, The Potato Song. Because Potatoes.

[youtube]wkoJD_ftq6Y[/youtube]

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, verily life is but a dream.
That's one of my favorites as well. Partly it's because a serious spiritual philosophy is embedded in what appears to be a children's song.