• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious practice is fun and amazing

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Qareen (close companion) of evil can't control us from a far place and the more we do Salah without destroying the barriers, the closer we get to the good Qareen/Imam of our time who is the witness and driver we will be called with on the day of judgment.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The best thing is to realize we build a lot in Salah and so not to destroy it through sins. Just keep building and avoid sins so not to break what we build. This is why Taqwa (guarding) is greater then hope and is the better of the two wings of the believer which is fear and hope (they are two wings of love and faith).
For me, if I am about to do something sinfull i get thought of danger. Like, if I continue i will get hurt or burned

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For me, if I am about to do something sinfull i get thought of danger. Like, if I continue i will get hurt or burned

Your intuition is correct, sins are like a fire that destroys a lot. You have to literally fight off sins or they will destroy our light. No matter how much sins though you got to hold on to hope in God's forgiveness and mercy and not give up on making it to God's holy throne and believe you will make the journey.

In times of great peril and many sins, it's hope that lights the way and get's us to realize we can change and become something so much more than we've become.

However, it's very hard. It's better to avoid big sins then go through the trial where you have to fight to keep the light alive really hard.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Your intuition is correct, sins are like a fire that destroys a lot. You have to literally fight off sins or they will destroy our light. No matter how much sins though you got to hold on to hope in God's forgiveness and mercy and not give up on making it to God's holy throne and believe you will make the journey.

In times of great peril and many sins, it's hope that lights the way and get's us to realize we can change and become something so much more than we've become.

However, it's very hard. It's better to avoid big sins then go through the trial where you have to fight to keep the light alive really hard.
Life has many trails for one who practice a spiritual teaching:) when wrongdoing happen one must ask for forgivness as s8ne one realize the wrongdoing

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Life has many trails for one who practice a spiritual teaching:) when wrongdoing happen one must ask for forgivness as s8ne one realize the wrongdoing

There is two words for forgiveness in Islam, istighfaar and awf, the former is asking God to protect you from your sins out of compassion, and the latter is asking him to make them disappear and erased.

Awf comes after istighfaar. Itsighfaar needs effort through. First trial is if you can make it safely with your sins not destroying you, then comes, making them disappear after. And the way God makes it disappear, is not by destroying them actually, but through repentance and regret changing them into light/good things (hassanat). They take on form as if they were good deeds themselves.

Viker

Häxan
Nothing wrong with someone getting some religion. I've always admired religious and spiritual practices, rather solitary or in a group of like minded friends. I feel it's a way to become a part of something bigger than the self and that can aid the self.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To a person who truly practice well and deeply understand the teaching the practice is really fun and amazing :)

The spiritual practice can be a life changing experience to the better.

Any thoughts?
Its amazing and profound. The festivals are fun.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To a person who truly practice well and deeply understand the teaching the practice is really fun and amazing :)

Any thoughts?

I agree.

My last couple days in my spiritual life have been hard, though. Because I've been feeling I'm going down a path that is too broad and lacks structure. Perhaps I need to read more Hindu scriptures.

Psalm23

Any thoughts?

Singing Christian and Inspirational songs can be fun for me. I haven’t really thought about about fun as in the religious context. I do like to sing and chat about the Bible with a small group though. I enjoy these groups to chat and listen to others too.