• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious people, why do you come to this forum?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hi there,

I am a religious Shiite Muslim. I spent years of my life studying Shia Islam. I used to debate the Sunnis for years.

Then I moved to the UK for studying.

There I started debating the Christians.

When I was debating the Sunnis, I used to quote the Quran.

But, when I started debating the Christians, I found that they don’t look to the bible as we, Muslims look to the Quran.

Then I found that may be most of them are either non-religious or non-believers.

There, I started reading the literature of the atheists and also the bible.

It was like I was trying to establish a common ground with “them” to start from when debating them.

So from there I start to be engaged with RF before more than 10 years!

However, although some Sunnis and others have been influenced by me.

I almost concluded that people do not choose their religions for pure reasoning.

That is why I have almost stopped debating others, and stopped trying to change others.

I started trying to change myself to be a better person and a true example of how a Shia person Should be.

Our Shia Imam, Imam Sadiq said: call to us without speaking!

I thought may be more than once to leave the forum after this change.

However, I found that there are people who are benefiting of my presence, where I can give them the Shia stance regarding the different issues.

My God Help us to help ourselves and help the others

Al the best.

By 'literature of the atheists', did you mean Dawkins and Co or something else? Always willing to expand my bookcase.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
160809103644-many-people-are-saying-trump-twitter-illustration-mullery-large-169.jpg
Passive voice is God's gift to evaders of responsibility.

dianaiad

I like to argue with people.

And learn new things.

Mostly I like to write and argue with people. Smart people. Hard to find those, especially when I'm the one looking. One must be smart to see 'smart."

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Is it to share your beliefs with others? Do you hope to convert people? Are you questioning your own religion? Are you just curious about what others believe?
Whatever your reason for coming here, are you finding what you were looking for? Do you feel this forum has had a positive effect on you? Why or why not?

At first, years ago, I think I wanted to share my faith and touch people through it. I thought at the time that I was well grounded in my belief system. I soon realized that I had a lot of growing to do and it became more about sharing, learning and connecting. I was genuinely seeking deeper connection with like minded people. I did find that and it's been the greatest gift that this site has yielded.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is it to share your beliefs with others? Do you hope to convert people? Are you questioning your own religion? Are you just curious about what others believe?
Whatever your reason for coming here, are you finding what you were looking for? Do you feel this forum has had a positive effect on you? Why or why not?
first and foremost, I find talking about religious matters to be fascinating and therefore fun. Secondly, I'm into personal growth. I find that I am more inclined to grow if I am challenged, made to think about things. Iron sharpens iron.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
By 'literature of the atheists', did you mean Dawkins and Co or something else? Always willing to expand my bookcase.

There were some active Atheists devotees who would publish “Torrent” folders, containing all sort of atheists writings..

My conclusion at that time was that: modern days atheists are far less complicated that the ancient atheists who include some well-known philosophers..

Unfortunately, I am very busy nowadays; otherwise, I would elaborate much on this point.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There were some active Atheists devotees who would publish “Torrent” folders, containing all sort of atheists writings..

My conclusion at that time was that: modern days atheists are far less complicated that the ancient atheists who include some well-known philosophers..

Unfortunately, I am very busy nowadays; otherwise, I would elaborate much on this point.

Thank you.

syo

I am religious and I want to chat with religious people. :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It is the name RF that attracts.

I see no one can convert another, so the intent would be more about making different ideas known, so that ones own self and others, can see something they may not yet have considered.

Imagine a place where one can share the faith they found and in that process, learn what others have found and further determine if the faith they hold to, has any foundation in Truth, or if it may need to be considered in a different light.

Regards Tony