• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious narrcisism. Or the three creeds "i believe," i dont believe,"" i am agnostic".

David T

Premium Member
Religious narcisism. It seems the rampant "i believe" what ever flavor of the day l, starting in religion is a rather bizarro twist even on religions own texts..

Is atheism itself actuallya battle against that or just a variarion Of that?

We can" nicene creed" anything. We can "we believe" followed by cut and paste what ever we fancy, or we can "we dont believe" and cut and paste what ever we fancy , or we can "we are agnostic" and cut and paste what ever we fancy. It seems all three at least agree cut and paste what ever is prattling around in our head at the moment is valid.

Is there really any differnce between these three creeds other than details?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This is evidence that you can make readable posts. I will personally hold you accountable for making readable posts from now on.

Its less narcissism and more stage acting. A bunch of people pretended to be closer to God than everyone else.

I agree Atheism is a reaction, mostly. I mean endless promises get made to churchmen on behalf of God. Then when the promises don't come true the promisees no longer fit in yet are compelled to conform to whatever social circle they are part of. In this situation some react violently. It feels like a betrayal I can tell you though I have not chosen to become atheist.

David T

Premium Member
This is evidence that you can make readable posts. I will personally hold you accountable for making readable posts from now on.

Its less narcissism and more stage acting. A bunch of people pretended to be closer to God than everyone else.

I agree Atheism is a reaction, mostly. I mean endless promises get made to churchmen on behalf of God. Then when the promises don't come true the promisees no longer fit in yet are compelled to conform to whatever social circle they are part of. In this situation some react violently. It feels like a betrayal I can tell you though I have not chosen to become atheist.
Lol noooooooooo i feel pressure!!!!!!

I prefer jazz with spontaneously created cords!!!

Besides if i write in a fashion here on this site that most people can understand i probably havent actually said anything at all.

Now if we were in a car forum dicussing disk brakes then clarity as most define it is manditory!!!!!!! But since this is not the automotive forum i write in all kinds of ways!!!! Generally rather obtuse for fun.

Ok so in response to your response. Church is dedinitely nutty but atheism seems so religious!!! Which leads me to atheist art which in this case golden compass!!! A kind of evangelical art without jesus!!!. I dont know why the second book wasnt picked up for a sequal!!! Oh it sucked. Sort of.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
Atheists and theists have certainty where there is none. Agnosticism acknowledges this lack of knowledge and embraces it.
"I believe in big foot" "i dont believe in big foot" "i am agnostic to big foots existence".

At some deep level they have more in common than not!! With the religious they have the holy book of bigfoot. Or so they say it is and and the other 2 agree it is about bigfoot! I would never, ever, ever, rely on religion to understand the topic!!! I tried that "once upon a time", once upon a time! I even have a bigfoot degree THEOLOGY! Which is taught at say princeton, harvard, cambridge Oxford....let alone all the other universities its taught at.

Now someone might be lame and say "theology must not me taught at universities god is bigfoot". my point is religion tends to totally teach that god is bigfoot!!!! Not everyone not all of religion Just the normal folks in religion.. Which by demographics is a majority!!!! To me university logic has serious flaws or kindergarten logic samething.