• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious music is often great music.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I will also offer a Christian song and a Baha'i song like @Trailblazer, only the Christian song is sung by a Baha'i, Dash Crofts, from Seals and Crofts

This one is also sung by a Baha'i with some fame Dan Seals, brother of Jim Seals. There is an message at the end which brought to tears when I first saw it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hail Mary full of grace...

There are other remakes from Josh Groban, Luciano Pavarotti, Andrea bocceli.
Very nice, of course.

My personal favourite version of the Ave Maria is by Gounod, who wrote it as a melody line over Bach's first prelude (in C Major) from the Well-Tempered Clavichord. The melody is, of course, completely different, but it is one I love. (Maybe partly because I have a piano and love playing Bach. Don't be deceived....I don't play well.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Very nice, of course.

My personal favourite version of the Ave Maria is by Gounod, who wrote it as a melody line over Bach's first prelude (in C Major) from the Well-Tempered Clavichord. The melody is, of course, completely different, but it is one I love. (Maybe partly because I have a piano and love playing Bach. Don't be deceived....I don't play well.)

Oh my goodness. I forgot about this one. This is beautiful.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Sorry, as a classical music fan, I add one more

My favorite classical music religious song sung by a legend.

I discovered this song around Christmas.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I will also offer a Christian song and a Baha'i song like @Trailblazer, only the Christian song is sung by a Baha'i, Dash Crofts, from Seals and Crofts

This one is also sung by a Baha'i with some fame Dan Seals, brother of Jim Seals. There is an message at the end which brought to tears when I first saw it.

Thanks Duane, that really brings back memories... I remember Seals and Crofts from when I first became a Baha'i back in 1970. I had 8 track tapes of their songs and I used to listen to them in my VW bus! that seems like a lifetime ago.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I mean specifically the song I posted. When I heard the choir sing it, it really impressed me. I would have liked it if I could have got a cd of the choir singing it.
Were you referring to the song sung in Russian? I love that song and the Russian language. My husband was a Russian major in college and I am going to show him that song!

Psalm23

Were you referring to the song sung in Russian? I love that song and the Russian language. My husband was a Russian major in college and I am going to show him that song!

I was referring to the song My Hope is Jesus. I would love to hear a choir sing the Russian song The Sign of the Son. I hope he likes the song. That artist also has other great songs. Most in Russian but some in English too.

Please let me know what your husband thinks of the song. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My Emo angst ridden teen self was listening to Flyleaf back in high school. Despite not being Christian.
I mean Lacey sings with such conviction and passion. And is probably the only Fundamentalist pop culture figure I could probably get along with irl. Because she’s “edgy” enough to be chill.
Some nostalgic faves

Also this song just amuses me. Because it’s just so unapologetically corny

Love thy neighbor reminded me of the movie Grease for some reason.

Jeremiah Ames

Members know I'm an atheist. Very much so. Many members also know that I am a huge lover of music (and several other arts).

So, here's one of my favourite things - the Allegri "Miserere Mei."

Listen for the boy soprano Roy Goodman at 1:30 (and of course throughout) -- he's possibly the best I've ever heard. He recorded this in 1963, when I was 15, and I heard it just months later, and have been in love with it ever since.

Have any favourite religious music? Please go ahead and add it to the thread -- I'll listen.

I like gospel music by Elvis.

You won’t find that in churches though.

Oh no, just repetitive dull droning on.

;)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Jewish song:

Christian song:

Song bout hecate: don't watch vid if you have photosensitive eplispy just listen to audio

Song bout Lucifer

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thank you. Not really my style of music, but I must admit that unlike a lot of the genre, it is positive and upbeat, without all the cussing, guns and murder. That's a pretty good thing!

Yes. If it's not positive, forget it. I don't need negativity in music. I can get much more than I want from the news.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What is this from? It's awesome!
The Netflix movie The Prom. Which is actually an adaptation of the stage musical of the same name. The movie is ok, relying on stereotypes and a bit black and white. But the soundtrack is flipping amazing. And I do quite like a lot of the main cast as actors