• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Liberty, Christian Liberty

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Alabama absolutely breached the establishment clause on that case. I made a thread earlier on this particular issue over here - Freedom of Religion: For Christians Only - and it certainly made news within the Pagan community. It has harrowing implications for basically anyone who isn't Christian. It's not as if we don't already know that non-Christians are treated as second-class citizens on a variety of issues. Pagans engaged in child custody battles with a Christian have lost because their religion is "weird," it took ten years for pentacles to be approved by the VA for use on the headstones of our fallen Pagan/Wiccan soldiers, among other nonsense.

It is what it is. Freedom of religion usually does mean freedom for whoever is the majority and less for the minorities. This is the case not just with religion, but matters of ethnicity and race as well. Tribalist mentalities and hostile perceptions of the "other" seem ingrained in human psychology and social structures. In most cases, the laws of the land help keep that in check. The case with the Imam was a shocking example of those checks failing.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt it. Chick Tracts portray pretty much everything that isn't a part of Christianity as Satanic (such as D&D), and they don't see Satanists as not being "real Satanists." Rather, it's generally viewed that things like Hollywood aren't going to be real because those are the things Satan uses to appeal to the most people to lure them away from god. Satanists, on the other hand, they aren't just Satanists they're bonafide and on an entirely different level than seeing Satan's influence in Pokemon and Harry Potter.
To them, to push for the Satanic Bible on the grounds of religious freedom would be viewed as the Devil working to challenge and ridicule Christians, to do what he does well by turning something good into something bad, and a move that brazenly taunts how much control over the world he has. I suspect they would also view it as the "completion" of removing god from the class room.
I have been trying to understand the "Satanic Panic" for a long time now. I still can't quite get it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have been trying to understand the "Satanic Panic" for a long time now. I still can't quite get it.
Really the only thing you need to know to understand is Conservative Evangelicals have a very nasty persecution complex, they think the world is out to get them, and they see the Devil everywhere they look. During the Satanic Panic they saw it everywhere to very absurd ends. They also live in an extremely insular world, and readily dismiss and denounce anything that challenges their world view (it already requires poor logic and reasoning to believe some of the things they do).