• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious liberty and free speech under attack by the far left.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I was talking about occasional interactions. Yes: if someone with anti-trans prejudices can't muster the strength to act with normal civility toward trans and non-binary people, eventually their disrespect will probably become apparent and may cause issues.

It seems like there is no solution then.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Apart from the obvious one, of course: exercising a bit of civility and common decency.

If a person can't manage that much, they have deeper problems.

By being disrespectful towards oneself ?
Don't expect that to happen.

Perhaps people could just grow up and not make a big deal out of people that don't use the pronouns they don't like ?

Alas, I don't expect that to happen either.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By being disrespectful towards oneself ?
Don't expect that to happen.
If someone's anti-teans bigotry us so deeply engrained that doing anything about it would "be disrespectful towards themselves," then I pity them.

Perhaps people could just grow up and not make a big deal out of people that don't use the pronouns they don't like ?

Alas, I don't expect that to happen either.
Minimizing the further marginalization of already-marginalized people. Nice.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
If someone's anti-teans bigotry us so deeply engrained that doing anything about it would "be disrespectful towards themselves," then I pity them.

I don't see bigotry as being required, although it seems to be often present.
Either way, I don't see how pity is relevant in our conversation.

Minimizing the further marginalization of already-marginalized people. Nice.

It should come as no surprise that I don't see this as marginalization at all.