• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Jewelry

Onyx

Premium Member
Religious jewelry can be an important affirmation of a person's faith or philosophy. Do you wear stuff? (I do in private, but not in public.)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I currently wear a Was Scepter necklace and serpent ring (an ouroborus, but that's a secondary benefit for me).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Religious jewelry can be an important affirmation of a person's faith or philosophy. Do you wear stuff? (I do in private, but not in public.)

Yes. I have a pinky pentacle. Someone gave my mother a pentacle pinky ring and a "witchcraft" book from somewhere, I don't know. She was pretty deep into it years ago. I got one to mirror hers so I remember her by it since she wants to be buried with it. I also have a rainbow index finger ring. I found out the LGBT rainbow means something and has history behind it. It's kind of nice. Never knew much about the colors only that it was a rainbow. I have a white clear quartz around my neck I wear all the time. Sends positive senses, I noticed.

Outside of that, I used to wear short burkas on new and full moon depending on color. It broke my head out so I just wear the jewelry.

Riders

I have a cheap necklace with a sun and Moon God on it. But the chain is too thin so I don't wear it. But the pendant is pretty.

arthra

Baha'i

Baha'is wear a ring and there is what we call a "ring stone symbol" on the ring either engraved on a stone or the metal of the ring:

symbol.gif

Baha'i Symbols

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like sandstone Buddha jewelry that disintegrates over time. Needless to say I don't have them anymore. *grin*

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I make some religious jewelry to sell, I make even more of it for myself. I've made myself elaborate things, and I wear some piece of it almost every day. It's just one of the things I grab out the door. Phone, wallet, backpack, jewelry.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

I obtained my most sacred piece of jewelry through the greatest, most badâss person I've ever known, who is now dead. I have worn it through most of my twenties and it has become embued with some deep spiritual-religious meaning for me... like a symbol of my journey, a reminder of my experiences, and a conduit between myself and forces not of this world.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah. I have a ton of religious jewelry. I'm currently wearing my favorite Crucifix and a St. Joan of Arc medal. I also usually wear a Miraculous Medal.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
No religious jewelries for me. I think they are forbidden in Islam, at any rate (another story, I believe).

I do wear general trinkets tho (if that's different) like watches, and would wear an engagement ring if I ever get engaged :D

Tumah

Veteran Member
No religious jewelries for me. I think they are forbidden in Islam, at any rate (another story, I believe).

I do wear general trinkets tho (if that's different) like watches, and would wear an engagement ring if I ever get engaged :D
I've seen a ring with something written on it. What's that?
Do Muslim men get/wear engagement/wedding rings?

Jumi

Is it true?

I just read a story about a 8th-10th century ring found in Norway:

hith-islamic-ring-AB.jpeg

The inscription, written in the Kufic Arabic script that was common between the 8th and 10th centuries, reads “il-la-la,” which the research team translated as “for/to Allah.”

Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave - History in the Headlines

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I've seen a ring with something written on it. What's that?
Do Muslim men get/wear engagement/wedding rings?

Other than that it could be anything, usually those engaged put the name of their other significant written on the engagement ring.

We do wear those. It is just that Islam does not allow men to wear anything gold, including rings, as that is strictly forbidden as far as I know.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Is it true?

I just read a story about a 8th-10th century ring found in Norway:

hith-islamic-ring-AB.jpeg

Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave - History in the Headlines

Basically yes, it is true, as far as I know. The ring above is not necessarily religious. It still can be used just as a normal ornament or put around as decoration. It is just a material to have a thing written on it in this case, and that's similar to the engaged when they have the name of the other significant one written on the ring for loving them. Muslims love God too. Remember also that as long as believing something in the ring for itself (as with anything else really) is not involved, it is not considered religious.

Ah, it's kinda complicated for me to explain :D

Tumah

Veteran Member
Other than that it could be anything, usually those engaged put the name of their other significant written on the engagement ring.

We do wear those. It is just that Islam does not allow men to wear anything gold, including rings, as that is strictly forbidden as far as I know.
I don't know what it says as I never got a close look. It looks like a pretty thick ring with something written on the front. Next time I see one, I'll ask.

fiat lux

I have a silver and stone ring bought from a Tibetan family which depicts a malevolent deity protecting the Dharma, this I can wear or not, but I also have tattoo, an image of the Buddhist wheel, which I can neither remove nor can anyone take from me.

On occasion I wear a piece I made myself.

Of historical interest, one of the first people the pilgrim hanged was over a small crucifix she'd hidden among her belongings. She would not repudiate it, and hence was hanged for idolatry.