• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious hats?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Does practising your religion require the wearing of some type of hat, headdress or covering?

If so, why?

And do you personally observe this requirement?

My religion doesn't :D

Reactions: ppp

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
No requirement :D

E5A50FED-D688-4257-8C5D-E8FAC18B154C.jpeg

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

I like hats .. I think they can be seen as part of a "uniform",
but I can take it or leave it.
A woolly hat in the winter, and "holey" cotton one in the summer for the sun. :)

muhammad_isa

Generally we remove hats when at church and praying. As far as I know this is custom not a mandate.
Mmm .. the same in courts of law. I was thrown out of the public gallery for wearing a hat a few years ago.
I wouldn't wear a hat if I go to court now .. it is a trivial issue for me.
I'm not a Singh. ;)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Within Judaism the kippah is customarily required, particularly during prayer. I typically wear one when in the synagogue.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Does practising your religion require the wearing of some type of hat, headdress or covering?

If so, why?

And do you personally observe this requirement?

My religion doesn't :D

Yes, more of a being bald thing than a religious thing though. A sunburnt cranium is not ideal.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
What tradition is he from? I almost always hold my hands like that when I meditate, but have no idea why, other than it feels 'right'.

I could totally rock that hat.

Zen. So....The hand position is zen (objectless) meditation - called zazen or shikantaza.

You probably wouldn't rock the komusu stylee.

0375040C-FF66-4EC2-A8CE-CAA148404374.jpeg