• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Freedom

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Actually, I say you can be any faith you want, and you can talk about it openly if you want, as long as you're comfortable with the consequenses. Since, at that age, there can be, in certain peer groups, disasterous consequenses simply from wearing the 'wrong' jeans, this might limit where you want to talk about it.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Religion in America? Free as a bird. Free doesn't mean without lack of social rejection, though.

Saw11_2000

Lot of religious freedom in schools. In my school, a LOT of kids are Atheist, and a lot announce it to everyone, (including me). I still have a lot of Christian friends, they don't seem to care. They really aren't your friends if they leave when you say what religion you believe in, aren't they?

Melody

atateen007 said:
How free do you think religion in America is (specifically in schools).
I'm not sure what you're asking since you're free to be any religion you want in the U.S. Or do you mean "how free do you feel in expressing your religion"?

Mediator

Forgive my ignorance, but the impression I get from living abroad is a kind of believe in what ever you want but dont tell anyone kind of atmosphere, Id realy like a "natives" point of view!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Oh, if only it was like that, Mediator! Far too often people proclaim what they believe, loudly and annoyingly. :) I support their right to do so, but eesh... it can get tiresome.

Mediator

Yeah, I see where your coming from!, but then I remember the feeling they draw from those proclaimed beliefs, its cool that people do do that though. Some people, not all, but some, have a more opressive impression of America, its not realy our fault, we're realy just whatchin the news!

Master Vigil

MagickIsFun said:
I hide my pentacle under my shirt at school. I get scared that people will get angry at me.
I'm sad you hide your pentacle. At my school we had a dilemma where an adamant christian tried to get them banned because he didn't want to "see satans symbol walking down the hall." And he claimed they threatened to curse him and stuff. It was really retarted. I wish people weren't afraid to display their faith.