• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Religious Freedom) Now a crime in VA to attend services?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You think you're the only ones being effected by this? Over 3 million Americans applied for unemployment. We're all in this together, we are all making sacrifices. Except for Christians who think they don't have to follow the law like everyone else.

Not true. Christians are affected as everyone else is.

When you force us not to meet, that is not us together.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When you force us not to meet, that is not us together.
You haven't been forced to not meet. We all have been. This isn't about you. It's about us. About doing our part to keep our communities safe. Right now, loving your neighbor means staying away from them and avoiding then like the plague. One of you two might actually be carriers.

Good-Ole-Rebel

You haven't been forced to not meet. We all have been. This isn't about you. It's about us. About doing our part to keep our communities safe. Right now, loving your neighbor means staying away from them and avoiding then like the plague. One of you two might actually be carriers.

Who is 'we'? Pagan you. American pagan you? American you? All the above? You use the 'we' but get upset when I try and identify which 'we' it is.

When I use the 'we', I am talking about we Christians.

Actually you don't know if 'loving your neighbor', as you apply it for the Christian not to meet, means it is beneficial for your neighbor. We recognize God and God's hand over us at this time.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

You've recognized me, wrongly, as being an atheist, and twice now as a Pagan. How can I trust you to recognize anything about god?

You don't want to answer my question, so quite complaining about being recognized wrongly.

Whether you trust me is immaterial to me.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You don't want to answer my question, so quite complaining about being recognized wrongly.
I have, and you seem to ignore you've misidentified me three times in this thread alone. And it is a Christian thing. No one else assumes I'm atheist or pagan just for criticizing the selfishness of legions or Christians, including yourself.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I have, and you seem to ignore you've misidentified me three times in this thread alone. And it is a Christian thing. No one else assumes I'm atheist or pagan just for criticizing the selfishness of legions or Christians, including yourself.

Still complaining I see. You are not Christian, that I know. That is not 'assumption'. You bragged to me about it before. And that is enough. Thus you are either pagan, or secular atheist. If you want to call yourself something else, go ahead. It is no secret I care about.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Does the rest of all Christianity know this?

I mean, with all the people in the world, currently, making this claim, it is difficult to keep you all straight...

You misunderstand...naturally. Because I am a Christian, my opinion matters to the Christian faith. Just like any other who is a Christian.

You don't need to worry about keeping anyone straight. You got your own issues.

Good-Ole-Rebel

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You misunderstand...naturally. Because I am a Christian, my opinion matters to the Christian faith. Just like any other who is a Christian.

You don't need to worry about keeping anyone straight. You got your own issues.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I do not mind feeding trolls when I am bored.
Your welcome

JesusKnowsYou

Fortunately Christians have done that so well I can just say religion and to most of its understood what is meant. It didn't help Christians, in this manner, that many of them believe they have the only religion that should be called a religion. It's like "god." A very large and massively broad term, but in the West if someone says god they generally mean Jehovah.
So - you try to mock Christians for believing themselves to be the "end-all be-all" religion - by treating them like they are the "end-all be-all" religion?

How does that make sense?

HonestJoe

I am Christian thus my opinion matters to what is essential for the Church.
The person you were dismissing is apparently Christian as well though. He was pointing out that he (and his church) have a different opinion to you on the question of necessity, which suggests it isn't as clear cut or definitive as you'd like to make it out to be.

Christianity is not a democracy.
Then why does your (or any individual Christian's) opinion matter at all? Shouldn't you be just blindly following your leaders (whoever you think that is)? :cool:

This doesn't only impact Christianity though. Like it or not, you and your church are part of a much wider society and what you do has the potential to impact all of us.

Good-Ole-Rebel

The person you were dismissing is apparently Christian as well though. He was pointing out that he (and his church) have a different opinion to you on the question of necessity, which suggests it isn't as clear cut or definitive as you'd like to make it out to be.

Then why does your (or any individual Christian's) opinion matter at all? Shouldn't you be just blindly following your leaders (whoever you think that is)? :cool:

This doesn't only impact Christianity though. Like it or not, you and your church are part of a much wider society and what you do has the potential to impact all of us.

You can take it up with the other person.

My opinion as a Christian matters because I am a Christian. Christians have the Bible and are to study it. Thus the unbelievers opinion of what is a necessity for the believer, carries no weight.

Good-Ole-Rebel

HonestJoe

You can take it up with the other person.
The point is that you've been unilaterally declaring that meeting in person is necessary for Christians but statements from other Christians show that isn't as definitive as you'd like to make out. Something consistently identified as an issue by all (or even most) Christians and Churches would be much more significant that something identified by a tiny minority.

My opinion as a Christian matters because I am a Christian. Christians have the Bible and are to study it. Thus the unbelievers opinion of what is a necessity for the believer, carries no weight.
On the question whether Christians think it is necessary, that is true. On the question of how the state should balance religious freedom and individual preferences against wider public health is something we all have an equal say in.