• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Freedom in China

74x12

Is under serious threat. As a Christian I'm concerned with how they're treating Christians already. But was disturbed by this information of what they're doing to Muslims as well. China is becoming more and more totalitarian.

“Had a Uighur host just greeted a neighbour in Arabic with the words ‘Assalamu Alaykum’? That would need to go in the notebook,” said Dr Byler, in research published by Asia Society's Centre on US-China Relations. “Was that a copy of the Quran in the home? Was anyone praying on Friday or fasting during Ramadan? Was a little sister’s dress too long or a little brother’s beard irregular?”

full article:
One million Chinese people 'move into Muslim homes to report on Islamic or unpatriotic beliefs'

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
China is becoming more and more totalitarian.

More and More? This isn't anything new, but still disconcerting nonetheless. They've been doing this sort of thing to Christians, Muslims, and Buddhists (Tibetans) for a long time. They tolerate religion as long as the churches are state sanctioned, of course. They don't like things they can't be in charge of.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is under serious threat. As a Christian I'm concerned with how they're treating Christians already. But was disturbed by this information of what they're doing to Muslims as well. China is becoming more and more totalitarian.

“Had a Uighur host just greeted a neighbour in Arabic with the words ‘Assalamu Alaykum’? That would need to go in the notebook,” said Dr Byler, in research published by Asia Society's Centre on US-China Relations. “Was that a copy of the Quran in the home? Was anyone praying on Friday or fasting during Ramadan? Was a little sister’s dress too long or a little brother’s beard irregular?”

full article:
One million Chinese people 'move into Muslim homes to report on Islamic or unpatriotic beliefs'
China has been totalitarian since the start of the communist takeover in 1949. The only exception I think would be Hong Kong, for which I think is an "experimental" city for China when it was handed over to the communists in 1997 from the British.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

full article:

They do what they do because they can. Who's to stop them? Who would stand up to them? Not the West; we sold out to them decades ago. After we gave them a pass on the whole Tiananmen Square ordeal, they knew they could no wrong in our eyes.