• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Figures you admire

Marble

Rolling Marble
Egyptian mythology, Nut (alternatively spelled Nuit, Newet, and Neuth) was the goddess of the sky.[2]
Her name is translated to mean 'sky' [3] and she is considered one of the oldest deities among the Egyptian pantheon,[4]
with her origins being found on the creation story of Heliopolis. She was originally the goddess of the nighttime sky,
but eventually became referred to as simply the sky goddess.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Goddess_nut.jpg
Somehow these links don't work for me.
Seems you wanted to link to Wikipedia...

Marble

Rolling Marble
Yes. Vaishnavas consider Vishnu to be the Original form. Shaivites consider Shiva to be the original form. And yet, most from both side consider these to be but two names of the same One Supreme God.

vishnu_1.jpg
You have forgotten to meantion the Shaktas, Madhuri. :slap:
The believe that Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are acctually just manifestations of the one Adyashakti.

Sharon Saw

Exploring
Mine is my Guru, H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, who is from Gaden Shartse Monastery in south India. He has benefited my family, friends and i tremendously and I am very humbled that he is my spiritual guide:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You have forgotten to meantion the Shaktas, Madhuri. :slap:
The believe that Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are acctually just manifestations of the one Adyashakti.

Sorry :eek:

Shamefully I know too little of that tradition.

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
Holy Mother Sri SHARADA DEVI - Wife and Spiritual Counterpart of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.

Incarnation of Goddess Kali

For her love and Compassion towards all beings in the world and her daring words for her children saying that everyone are her own children in her regard.

So Simple yet Extremely Powerful. She never showed her true identity of incarnation anywhere but lived a life that only She could.

neverfear1024x768.jpg

Antiochian

Rationalist
Zshushanna "Z" Budapest, founder of Dianic witchcraft, feminist

Selena Fox, founder of Circle Sanctuary, religious freedom/Pagan rights activist

A number of Unitarian figures come to mind too, but can't remember names right now.

Rev. Mel White, gay Christian activist

Jay Bakker

Fr. Mychal Judge, "Saint of 911"

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The ten human Sikh gurus, of course.

Also Mati Das, a Sikh martyr who was sawn in half for refusing to convert from Sikhism.
mati.jpg

Sahibzada Fateh Singh and Sahibzada Zorawar Singh, the two youngest sons of Gurū Gobind Singh. Two Sikh martyrs who were bricked alive at the ages 7 and 9 years old respectively, for refusing from Sikhism. This makes them some of the youngest, if not the youngest martyrs in history.

787px-Sahibzaadey_being_Bricked_Alive.JPG

KateriTekakwitha1.jpg

Saint Kateri Tekakwitha

She was the first saint of First Nations origin to convert to Christianity in the North America. She was born blind with her parents passing away, refused to marry a warrior, ran away from her community who tried to throw stones at her for following the 'religion of the white people', and became a lifelong celibate dedicated to Christian spiritual life until her death.

She used to even flagellate herself because she was so saddened by the amount of torture that Christ endured on the Cross. When she died, her last words were "Jesus, Mary, I love you." and her scarred face became instantly beautiful.

I was confirmed with her to be my guardian in Heaven, and I know she still protects me. :)

Last edited: