• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Figures you admire

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
With exception to muslims and Jews please post a pic, or say which religious figure you admire.

Mines are as follow:

Judaism

maimonides-21.jpg

Christianity

Arab+Jesus+.jpeg

Islam

muhammad.jpg

1197755295.jpg

Bhima! :D

From the epic of the Mahabharata, in Hinduism.

He's so awesome, his awesomeness can not be described in words... He has the strength of ten thousand elephants, he killed demons with his brute force, and his kid was tons of feet tall. :D He's the dude of dudes!

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
shiva.jpg

Shiva is awesome.

yogananda%2B-%2Bpainting3AB.jpg

Yogananda

St-Francis-birds-2.jpg

Saint Francis (my favourite Christian saint)

You have to admit,
He's got Balls. :shrug:

And Noodly Appendages. :D

Táhirih, from the Baha'i Faith:

Tahirih (pronounced 'TAW-hih-ray') was a woman from the Baha'i Faith who was a saint and a martyr. She was blessed with knowledge and proclaimed that the Cause and Will of God included the emancipation of women, and was well-learned beyond that of the imams, shaykhs and mullahs of the period. She was killed by beheading in about a century and a half ago.

tahirih_painting1.jpg

Vishnupriya, wife of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, from Gaudiya Vaishnavism:

Vishnupriya was the wife of the saint Chaitanya, who is considered an incarnation of the Goddess. Having appeared around 500 years ago, Vishnupriya mournedher husband's becoming a mendicant and monk, and lived the rest of her days chanting the glories of God through her husband's teachings before her death.

Vishnupriya-devi-resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Siddhārtha Gautama, Kṛṣṇa, Yogananda, St. Francis - pics already showed.

Dolpopa Sherab Gyaltsen:
dolpopa.2.teaser.JPG

My Tibetan Buddhist teacher, too. ^_^

Mythological, but still awesome:

Narasiṃha!!!

narasimha2asura.jpg

(Yes, that is the pic that is used)

I also love, but I'm not sure why, Ananta Śeṣa, the "Primordial Snake" of Viṣṇu:

vishnu-and-ananta.gif

^___^

ParashuramaBig.jpg

Don't forget Parashurama! Gotta love those decapitated heads!

Parashurama was an incarnation of God who came down to kill thousands upon thousands of corrupt warriors. He wields a gigantic axe in which to behead the warriors who have corrupted their honour codes and wreaked havoc among the people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That is an awesome pic of him!

Some of them look funny. Like when he's given a moustache.
SuperStock_1566-551115.jpg

Why are so many Indian devas given moustaches, anyway? :D

Apparently it was (is?) fashionable in India.
I've noticed in a bunch of movies/tv shows, the protagonist (Rama, Krishna etc) are clean shaven but the evil dude has a funny looking moustache (and face...):

Rama:

ramayan.jpg

Ravana:

Prachanda%20Ravana01.jpg

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Apparently it was (is?) fashionable in India.
I've noticed in a bunch of movies/tv shows, the protagonist (Rama, Krishna etc) are clean shaven but the evil dude has a funny looking moustache (and face...)
Do they ever tweak their moustache evilly, like this:

dick9we3.jpg
? :D