• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious fanaticism against Jews in the USA?

Are there many fanatical Christian people in USA, who don't like Jews?

• Yes, but most of them do not express their fanaticism

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PureX

Veteran Member
As the Israelis have become more and more violent and oppressive toward the Palestinians (using U.S. taxpayer's money), I have noticed an increase in anti-Israeli commentary and sentiment in the U.S.,. But this has very little to do with religious antisemitism. As it is primarily political in nature.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do you think a significant number of people, and specially fanatical Christians are prejudiced against Jews in the USA?

What do you think about this news:

Family kicked off American Airlines flight after body odour complaints

I think, given several passengers, and crew complained of excessive body odor, that the family got kicked off the flight for that reason alone. Good on American Airlines. I've been on a couple of flights where this has been an issue with a passenger near me. I didn't even realise I could complain until this story came up. Not a religious story at all.

Kelly of the Phoenix

As the Israelis have become more and more violent and oppressive toward the Palestinians (using U.S. taxpayer's money), I have noticed an increase in anti-Israeli commentary and sentiment in the U.S.,. But this has very little to do with religious antisemitism. As it is primarily political in nature.
Yeah. Jews aren't the problem. The explosion of xenophobic terroristic governments are the problem and they're all over the place.

InvestigateTruth

I think, given several passengers, and crew complained of excessive body odor, that the family got kicked off the flight for that reason alone. Good on American Airlines. I've been on a couple of flights where this has been an issue with a passenger near me. I didn't even realise I could complain until this story came up. Not a religious story at all.
You probably didnt read the whole story.

“As I go to the gate…they are all holding their nose, using paper to blow around their nose, you know pretending it smells,” the man said. “That was upsetting, that the man said ‘Oh you Orthodox people don’t take showers,’ that’s what he told me. He thought we don’t take showers for that.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

“As I go to the gate…they are all holding their nose, using paper to blow around their nose, you know pretending it smells,” the man said. “That was upsetting, that the man said ‘Oh you Orthodox people don’t take showers,’ that’s what he told me. He thought we don’t take showers for that.

Of course I read the whole story. Very often people who have BO are so used to it they don't notice. If there is some sort of systematic discrimination against Jewish folk, this (and a lot of other stuff) would have happened many times before. I'm sure the BO must have been pretty bad. But it does remind me of people who proselytise in countries where it's illegal, and then go on claiming it's religious discrimination.

In my first year of teaching, the principal had to send this one young man home a few times for the same reason. Eventually counseling helped him overcome his personal hygiene problem. Once we had a minority race kid being a real jerk in school. The dad came in, all angry that we were racially discriminating against his kid. Fortunately there were some scenes caught on video, and the dad relented. The kid was being a jerk.

I'm guessing this happens fairly often, but only made the news this time because he falsely accused the airline of discrimination. Most people would be totally embarrassed to have this in the news.

Body odor just one reason airlines might boot you from flight

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member

Well I dont believe anyone said that.

Stinky people ttying to point fingers at
anyone but themselves.

Audie

Veteran Member
Of course I read the whole story. Very often people who have BO are so used to it they don't notice. If there is some sort of systematic discrimination against Jewish folk, this (and a lot of other stuff) would have happened many times before. I'm sure the BO must have been pretty bad. But it does remind me of people who proselytise in countries where it's illegal, and then go on claiming it's religious discrimination.

In my first year of teaching, the principal had to send this one young man home a few times for the same reason. Eventually counseling helped him overcome his personal hygiene problem. Once we had a minority race kid being a real jerk in school. The dad came in, all angry that we were racially discriminating against his kid. Fortunately there were some scenes caught on video, and the dad relented. The kid was being a jerk.

I'm guessing this happens fairly often, but only made the news this time because he falsely accused the airline of discrimination. Most people would be totally embarrassed to have this in the news.

Body odor just one reason airlines might boot you from flight

Maybe my nose is too fussy but it happens
often enough that some lady has sloshed
cheap perfume all over herself. It can
be really sickening. It certainly is rude!!

Others will just plain stink with BO.

For multiple people and flight attendants
to say it was too much, well, it was.

Flight attendants were taking a career -ending
risk.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Maybe my nose is too fussy but it happens
often enough that some lady has sloshed
cheap perfume all over herself. It can
be really sickening. It certainly is rude!!

Others will just plain stink with BO.

For multiple people and flight attendants
to say it was too much, well, it was.

Flight attendants were taking a career -ending
risk.

Perfume really gets me. I have some allergies. Sneezing and headache mostly. Encountered it once on a plane, but it was the flight attendant, not another passenger. Flatulence, you can't really escape ... one of the pitfalls of flying, but at least it's temporary.

Audie

Veteran Member
Perfume really gets me. I have some allergies. Sneezing and headache mostly. Encountered it once on a plane, but it was the flight attendant, not another passenger. Flatulence, you can't really escape ... one of the pitfalls of flying, but at least it's temporary.

Perfume allergy can be very serious.
Maybe it will be a public health/ civil
rights issue some day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perfume allergy can be very serious.
Maybe it will be a public health/ civil
rights issue some day.
We in landlording & construction have had odor issues...
- Workers who smell like they take bathroom breaks without bathrooms.
- Workers with BO so bad, I had to expand a friend's vocabulary with "acrid".
- Tenants who....ugh...you get the picture.
Oh, the hygiene stories I could tell....they could gag a Scot.

Audie

Veteran Member
We in landlording & construction have had odor issues...
- Workers who smell like they take bathroom breaks without bathrooms.
- Workers with BO so bad, I had to expand a friend's vocabulary with "acrid".
- Tenants who....ugh...you get the picture.
Oh, the hygiene stories I could tell....they could gag a Scot.

Oh, honestly now, nothing is that bad.

Audie

Veteran Member
Aye, skunk is tame compared what some humans can generate.

I was new to the USA and had no idea
there was such a thing as the skunk.

Country road, windows open. Just like that
from fresh cool country air, then suddenly
from nowhere it is like landed a thick wet
blanket of the most disgusting Unbelievable
horrible smell!!! Choking, like it...well, never
mind. Americans know.

I could not believe such a thing could happen!

I guess my shock and confusion was funny to
the others, at least after most of the stench
was wind-washed out of the car.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was new to the USA and had no idea
there was such a thing as the skunk.

Country road, windows open. Just like that
from fresh cool country air, then suddenly
from nowhere it is like landed a thick wet
blanket of the most disgusting Unbelievable
horrible smell!!! Choking, like it...well, never
mind. Americans know.

I could not believe such a thing could happen!

I guess my shock and confusion was funny to
the others, at least after most of the stench
was wind-washed out of the car.
Much worse if the family dog on a farm gets nailed. It will last far longer.