• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Religious Conservatives Lash Out at Kellogg’s Over 'Anti-Christian' Cereal"

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Kellogg’s recently announced that it would be selling six of its most popular cereals in one box for a promotion called “All Together” while making a $50,000 donation to support anti-bullying and advocacy causes on behalf of GLAAD Spirit Day.

So if you’re the sort of person who loves Frosted Flakes and Frosted Mini Wheats (what is wrong with you), then you’re in luck!

BelongTogetherCereal.png

We all belong together. So for the first time in history, our famous mascots and cereals are offered exclusively together in the same box for All Together Cereal. It’s a symbol of acceptance no matter how you look, where you’re from or who you love.

Sure. I mean, they’re just selling you six boxes of cereal, at least two of which no real human should ever want, but if it’s for a good cause, I’ll suck it up and have some Raisin Bran. If you’re cynical, you just shrug this off as a corporate attempt to sell you something in the name of a good cause. But it’s also a good sign when large companies throw their support behind groups like GLAAD.

No wonder conservative Christians are furious.

The three moms at One Million Moms (Twitter count: 3759) have already launched a protest.

Kellogg’s has supported the homosexual community for a long time, and now it is obvious they are going after our children… Kellogg’s goal is to normalize the LGBTQ lifestyle by using cereal mascots to brainwash children. The company is also donating $50,000 to GLAAD to support its anti-bullying and LGBTQ advocacy work.

These people seriously think Tony the Tiger will make you gay. (Snap, Crackle, and Pop AND Toucan Sam? That’s bestiality AND incest!)

Creationist Ken Ham also chimed in since he wasn’t busy updating his exhibits.

We are not "All together," as the LGBTQ lifestyle/worldview is anti-God, anti-biblical & anti-science and consists of only a small minority in the culture. But many will "All Together" not support such in your face anti-Christian marketing!
Imagine seeing a cereal box and thinking it’s a form of Christian Persecution. Imagine how flimsy your worldview must be when a smiling sun threatens everything you stand for. Imagine being a Creationist and calling other people “anti-science.” No wonder Ham looks so angry all the time…

Anyway, buy the cereal or don’t. But revel in the fact that some Christians are whining because a cereal company said people should be kind to one another.

They could easily be mad about the amount of sugar in this stuff, but they’ve chosen to attack the message of acceptance and inclusion instead.
source

Considering that

"In 2018, Kellogg's global operating profit amounted to about 1.71 billion U.S. dollars."
source
Their $50,000 donation is chump change.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
I hate to sound old-fashioned but a cereal promoting LGBT rights is...err... kind of "weird"..

I mean, most adults avoid the conversation about "where babies come from" and look awkwardly at each other. They skip the whole "When a guy likes a guy, or a girl likes a girl..." side of the discussion because that's generally too advanced even for most adults.

So it's a strange situation when reading the back of a Cereal Box is now part of a child's sex education. Just...think about that for a second... :confused:

ecco

Veteran Member
So it's a strange situation when reading the back of a Cereal Box is now part of a child's sex education. Just...think about that for a second... :confused:
I thought about it for longer than a second. I also looked at the boxes. I seriously doubt most eight-year-olds are going to think about anything sexual while eating the mash up ceral.

So it's a strange situation when you see reading the back of a Cereal Box is now part of a child's sex education.

Are you a member of the One Million Moms?

Darkforbid

I thought about it for longer than a second. I also looked at the boxes. I seriously doubt most eight-year-olds are going to think about anything sexual while eating the mash up ceral.

So it's a strange situation when you see reading the back of a Cereal Box is now part of a child's sex education.

Are you a member of the One Million Moms?

So your saying children will be uninterested in finding out what those capital letter mean,, like that shows any understanding of children

"Kellogg’s recently announced that it would be selling six of its most popular cereals in one box for a promotion called “All Together” while making a $50,000 donation to support anti-bullying and advocacy causes on behalf of GLAAD Spirit Day.

So if you’re the sort of person who loves Frosted Flakes and Frosted Mini Wheats (what is wrong with you), then you’re in luck!

BelongTogetherCereal.png

We all belong together. So for the first time in history, our famous mascots and cereals are offered exclusively together in the same box for All Together Cereal. It’s a symbol of acceptance no matter how you look, where you’re from or who you love.
Sure. I mean, they’re just selling you six boxes of cereal, at least two of which no real human should ever want, but if it’s for a good cause, I’ll suck it up and have some Raisin Bran. If you’re cynical, you just shrug this off as a corporate attempt to sell you something in the name of a good cause. But it’s also a good sign when large companies throw their support behind groups like GLAAD.

The three moms at One Million Moms (Twitter count: 3759) have already launched a protest.

Kellogg’s has supported the homosexual community for a long time, and now it is obvious they are going after our children… Kellogg’s goal is to normalize the LGBTQ lifestyle by using cereal mascots to brainwash children. The company is also donating $50,000 to GLAAD to support its anti-bullying and LGBTQ advocacy work.

These people seriously think Tony the Tiger will make you gay. (Snap, Crackle, and Pop AND Toucan Sam? That’s bestiality AND incest!)

We are not "All together," as the LGBTQ lifestyle/worldview is anti-God, anti-biblical & anti-science and consists of only a small minority in the culture. But many will "All Together" not support such in your face anti-Christian marketing!
Imagine seeing a cereal box and thinking it’s a form of Christian Persecution. Imagine how flimsy your worldview must be when a smiling sun threatens everything you stand for. Imagine being a Creationist and calling other people “anti-science.” No wonder Ham looks so angry all the time…

Anyway, buy the cereal or don’t. But revel in the fact that some Christians are whining because a cereal company said people should be kind to one another.

They could easily be mad about the amount of sugar in this stuff, but they’ve chosen to attack the message of acceptance and inclusion instead.
source
Considering that

"In 2018, Kellogg's global operating profit amounted to about 1.71 billion U.S. dollars."
source

I eat oatmeal everyday.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

BelongTogetherCereal.png

source
Considering that

source

If some Christian thinks that showing a bit of kindness and acknowledgement to LGBTQ people is "anti-Christian," then they practice a pretty pathetic version of Christianity.

HonestJoe

I hate to sound old-fashioned but a cereal promoting LGBT rights is...err... kind of "weird"..
Why should it be weird for anyone to promote rights?

Who said anything about sex education? This is a campaign about bullying and discrimination against young people based on how they're perceived.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I mean, most adults avoid the conversation about "where babies come from" and look awkwardly at each other. They skip the whole "When a guy likes a guy, or a girl likes a girl..." side of the discussion because that's generally too advanced even for most adults.

It's not being forced on kids (or even being put in stores).

"If you're down to support the anti-bullying cause, according to the press release, you can buy "All Together Cereal" for a limited time while supplies lasts starting Thursday, Oct. 17 on Kellogg's website for $19.99 a pop. "

All Together Cereal

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

BelongTogetherCereal.png

source
Considering that

source

Right wing Christians think that that all Christians agree with their views. So narrow minded...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Is that even the case?

I have just read the text. It makes clear that there is something called LGBTQ rights that Kellog's does not feel ashamed of supporting, and that it is associated with something called Spirit Day that has its own hashtag and may have to do with the color purple. It also hints of some looser association with the rainbow colors in general.

So it comes down to whether reading age children should be told about LGBTQ rights. Is that even in doubt?

I don't think that even qualifies as part of sex education. It is just a matter of basic human decency.