• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious belief and morality

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Like I said, I assure you that if armed men with considerable weaponry did not exist and stand ready in Norway and Europe, etc., you would be speaking Russian today. It's naive to think otherwise.

Должен ли я сказать "нет", чтобы говорить по-русски?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What are you talking about when you say, "...you probably could have helped prevent needless deaths in the three years it took for you to finally pull your finger out"? If that's talking about entering the war in Europe in WWII, we had a pacifist president back then, and after WWI when America suffered some 400,000 dead and wounded, the mood in the U.S. wasn't strong for another
Maybe you did. I know not all military expeditions are supported by the American populace or government. But like you guys have all this military prowess. You spend much more than everyone else on military weaponry (at least that’s the vibe I always get.)
You have all this might and power and you could have probably helped us a lot sooner in WWII. I may have been a bit hyperbolic before, but like maybe you could have helped us end WWII a bit earlier or at least offered support earlier.
Could that have saved lives? It’s possible, I think.

Also, we don't intervene in "everyone's business." There's normally a bad guy or a bad country raising hell with another country's freedom and peace and we try to help out when we can. America has shed more blood around the world in the cause of other people's freedom and security than anyone else in history. You're free to be the world's cop if you'd prefer. We could use a break.
No you guys totally do. Even South Park mocked you guys for that.
America internationally speaking is legitimately seen as the interfering douche. We don’t hate you guys for it, it’s just something you guys do and we just accept that as reality.
I remember when Trump was first elected. The general consensus, at least where I live, was “well let’s just hope he doesn’t cause a nuclear war with Russia.”
I’m not even joking, that’s how the US is generally perceived by everyday folk.

Hitler declared war on America first. But we were helping out before that, with the Lend Lease Act of sending arms and munitions to England, Russia, etc., and for the most part we were never paid back. Many Americans also volunteered for combat with other nations and served well before we entered WWII.
Be that as it may, your support could have been much more vital early on, given how much your government spends on militia.

True America screwed Hitler over during the 1930s olympics. So I give you guys props for that.
But Hitler wanted to rebuild Germany as the proud Fatherland he envisioned. Believe or not, not everything international counties do is in reference to America. You’re not the centre of the universe. We have our own stuff to take care of.

Cool. Would love to have a brew with you. Sydney was awesome. The people were nice. The Whiskey a Go Go in Sydney was the place to rock n roll. And your soldiers in Vietnam were brave and excellent fighters. We all made the bloody Commies pay dearly for South Vietnam. Cheers...
Oh indeed we did. You Yanks weren’t half bad fighters yourselves ;)
Sydney is a little more hustle and bustle than us Queenslanders. They enjoy the party life (we do too, to be sure.) But we’re a bit more laid back in comparison. To us nothing beats a beautiful beach, good BBQ food and friends/family to share it with. And obviously a good brew.
My uncle actually brews his own stuff,
I’m trying to get him to teach me his ways. So I’d be more than happy to share a brew with you :)

night912

Maybe you did. I know not all military expeditions are supported by the American populace or government. But like you guys have all this military prowess. You spend much more than everyone else on military weaponry (at least that’s the vibe I always get.)
No, Germany had the most advanced military weapons prior to and during WW2. The 2 bombs dropped were pretty much the only military weapons that America had that were can be said to have far surpassed the other countries.

You have all this might and power and you could have probably helped us a lot sooner in WWII. I may have been a bit hyperbolic before, but like maybe you could have helped us end WWII a bit earlier or at least offered support earlier.
Could that have saved lives?

Not American lives. :D

Sorry, had to put that in. :D
mrw-ios-case-LiNtTCShUDRew

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No, Germany had the most advanced military weapons prior to and during WW2. The 2 bombs dropped were pretty much the only military weapons that America had that were can be said to have far surpassed the other countries.

Ahh that’s interesting. America is always seen as the height of military weaponry

Not American lives. :D

Sorry, had to put that in. :D
Well true lol
I mean how many American lives were truly lost before the Pearl Harbour Attack?
We were shedding our blood a good 2 - 3 years before that

night912

Ahh that’s interesting. America is always seen as the height of military weaponry
America didn't become to war machine that it was during their entrance in the war until the war had already broke out.

Well true lol
I mean how many American lives were truly lost before the Pearl Harbour Attack?
We were shedding our blood a good 2 - 3 years before that
What's more important than losing those lives during those 2-3 years is the many more lives that were saved because of America entering the war later. It's because of staying out of the war that helped boost its economy and manufacturing. With that said, products coming out of America helped supplied the allies and their war effort. America provided supplies that were more than enough for itself and its allies. The allies didn't beat the axis in ww2 because of superior military power alone, but because of superior supplies.

Wandering Monk

Can't deny that Britain held the moral high-ground against the Nazis while we Americans sat on our asses. Roosevelt had to pull teeth to aid Britain during the early years.