• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious agnostics

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Wrong! Agnostics are not devoted Christians. They do not have the same level of commitment as a engaged Christian. Strong faith is strong practice. Knowledge is power, but power is guided by practising and learning and developing the spiritual man or naturally in exercising authority.
That is how I think about those who claim to be strong believers: that they seem immature and unable to stand up in a stiff wind. Give me a church where its Ok to not be a believer, and you'll be giving me a church which leaves room for God to actually do something.

Whateverist

I identify as agnostic. I believe there is something greater than our rational minds can encompass which can provide insight and creative inspiration which cannot be explained in a straightforward way. But I don’t think it is anything separate from our own consciousness but neither is it an imaginary hand puppet under our domain. Understood correctly it provides a non dominant perspective we can only access by being receptive to it. So it is better thought of as a muse than a god. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how we think of it or whether we can explain how it works, but to the extent it becomes merely an imaginary handpuppet for our conscious intent it’s real value will simply have been missed. If belief in a traditional conception of God allows people to genuinely access this non dominant perspective it can add to life satisfaction. If people ignore all traditional religious systems and yet remains open to this perspective, their lives can be just as enriched as any religious person.

Creeds are beside the point. What matters is what you are actually open to. Certainty which makes people feel they know reality so well that they can tell you what is and isn’t possible rules them out of receiving this enriching non dominant perspective. To be blind to its perspective is to live in a world greatly denuded of awe and wonder. Anyone who knows first hand its source will know they cannot tell you what it is. Those who insist they can tell you just what it is don’t know of what they speak.

@Windwalker, would you agree at all?