• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion99 vs Meow : Jainism vs Atheist : Existence of eternal happiness and path to it if it exists

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Happiness is surely attainable since I've found it. I'm not sure exactly what it is you want to debate here, so maybe you should have the first round?

religion99

Is your happiness eternal? If not , then it is not real happiness because you will always be afraid of loosing it and you indeed will loose it one day.

Is it dependent of some outsider? Then, again , you will be afraid of loosing it as soon as that outsider departs and indeed , one day , that outsider will depart and you know it. Here , I am including your body and all your senses as outsider. That is the Jain definition of outsider.

So , real happiness , if it exists ,must come from inside. Then , it has the potential to remain permanent and without any blemishes.