• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religion / praying a type of witchcraft?

jonathan180iq

Secondary question, do either prayer or witchcraft actually accomplish any tangible tasks?

Do beliefs, and/or practice of said ideas, actually change anything at all?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Prayer and magic are basically the same madness, seeking help from higher power.

Except that they don't. Supplicatory prayer begs a "higher power" for aid. Spellcraft (the practice of magic) does not. Neither practice is indicative of madness.

Secondary question, do either prayer or witchcraft actually accomplish any tangible tasks?

Yes, but this isn't the thread to discuss that so I'm going to leave it there. I'm also rarely in the mood to attempt to educate people about these practices. It's about as enjoyable as trying to educate a YEC about biological evolution. :sweat:

InChrist

Free4ever
Maybe because he thinks that humans are not responsible enough to handle it? But weak enough to pray? I have no idea really..
Why are you equating prayer with weakness? Or that witchcraft requires more responsibility? In your OP didn't you insinuate that prayer is exactly the same as witchcraft?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think Prayer and magic are basically the same madness, seeking help from higher power.

One of these articles is about casting a magical spell, and the other is countering that spell with prayer.
Magical Resistance: Witches Plan to Cast Midnight Spell To “Bind” Trump
Witches plan to curse Trump: We will counter with prayer. - Christian Nationalism

I don't believe it is the same because we do not need to use craft. It is however spiritual warfare and we have the all powerful one on our side so we will always win.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I prayed that Communism would be defeated in Russia for many years and it still seems miraculous to me that it fell from within.