• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Religion of Peace?"

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Please quote from a reliable source of Muhammad's time to prove one's point of view.
Regards

So you can say its "unreliable?", we can start with Ibn ishaaq "the life of Muhammed" or:

Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 280:
Narrated Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri: When the tribe of Bani Quraiza was ready to accept Sad’s judgment, Allah’s Apostle sent for Sa’d who was near to him. Sa’d came, riding a donkey and when he came near, Allah’s Apostle said (to the Ansar), “Stand up for your leader.” Then Sa’d came and sat beside Allah’s Apostle who said to him. “These people are ready to accept your judgment.” Sa’d said, “I give the judgment that their warriors should be killed and their children and women should be taken as prisoners.” The Prophet then remarked, “O Sad! You have judged amongst them with (or similar to) the judgment of the King Allah.”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So you can say its "unreliable?", we can start with Ibn ishaaq "the life of Muhammed" or:

Narrated Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri: When the tribe of Bani Quraiza was ready to accept Sad’s judgment, Allah’s Apostle sent for Sa’d who was near to him. Sa’d came, riding a donkey and when he came near, Allah’s Apostle said (to the Ansar), “Stand up for your leader.” Then Sa’d came and sat beside Allah’s Apostle who said to him. “These people are ready to accept your judgment.” Sa’d said, “I give the judgment that their warriors should be killed and their children and women should be taken as prisoners.” The Prophet then remarked, “O Sad! You have judged amongst them with (or similar to) the judgment of the King Allah.”
Please quote from a reliable source of Muhammad's time.
Hadith was collected 250/300 after Muhammad.
Regards

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Regards

Regards

I expected you would reply with something like that, even a sahi hadith or a book about the life of muhammed isn't enough, strange really when you consider the importance of hadith in your faith.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I expected you would reply with something like that, even a sahi hadith or a book about the life of muhammed isn't enough, strange really when you consider the importance of hadith in your faith.

I genuinely can't fathom paarsurrey's position. He believes that Ahmadism is supposed to be a reform of Islam but when push comes to shove he discounts out of hand the things about Islam most in need of reform as not being part of Islam. So I mean what exactly is left for Ahmadism to reform?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I genuinely can't fathom paarsurrey's position. He believes that Ahmadism is supposed to be a reform of Islam but when push comes to shove he discounts out of hand the things about Islam most in need of reform as not being part of Islam. So I mean what exactly is left for Ahmadism to reform?

Me either or ahmadis or even Ba hai, Islam is stuck with Muhammed because supposed to be the last one, there's nowhere left to go really Imo.

Notanumber

A Free Man

The eminent Doctor Bill Warner has stated the following -
“Islam is defined by the words of Allah in the Koran, and the words and actions of Mohammed, the Sunna.
No one text of the Trilogy can stand by itself; it is impossible to understand any one of the texts without the other supporting texts. The Koran, Sira, and Hadith are a seamless whole and speak with one voice. If it is in the Trilogy it is Islam”.

According to Allah, the words and deeds of Mohammed form the perfect pattern for all Muslims to follow. Mohammed’s speech and actions are recorded in the Hadith, also called the Traditions. The Hadith are more important in the daily practice and world-view of a Muslim than the Koran. Without the Hadith, there can be no Islam.

In the Hadith, every subject, great or small, is covered–ethics, jihad, sex, slavery, art and everyday habits are all described in great detail. The Hadith contain all of the tactical aspects of jihad. Jihad is neither a blind fury nor a hatred for the non-Muslim, but is a sacred act to prepare the world for Islam. Jihad is demanded for all Muslims and is the sixth pillar of Islam. The Hadith are a tactical manual of Islamic politics and are a key to understanding Islam.

The Political Traditions of Mohammed - Political Islam

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The eminent Doctor Bill Warner has stated the following -
“Islam is defined by the words of Allah in the Koran, and the words and actions of Mohammed, the Sunna.
No one text of the Trilogy can stand by itself; it is impossible to understand any one of the texts without the other supporting texts. The Koran, Sira, and Hadith are a seamless whole and speak with one voice. If it is in the Trilogy it is Islam”.

According to Allah, the words and deeds of Mohammed form the perfect pattern for all Muslims to follow. Mohammed’s speech and actions are recorded in the Hadith, also called the Traditions. The Hadith are more important in the daily practice and world-view of a Muslim than the Koran. Without the Hadith, there can be no Islam.

In the Hadith, every subject, great or small, is covered–ethics, jihad, sex, slavery, art and everyday habits are all described in great detail. The Hadith contain all of the tactical aspects of jihad. Jihad is neither a blind fury nor a hatred for the non-Muslim, but is a sacred act to prepare the world for Islam. Jihad is demanded for all Muslims and is the sixth pillar of Islam. The Hadith are a tactical manual of Islamic politics and are a key to understanding Islam.

The Political Traditions of Mohammed - Political Islam
"The eminent Doctor Bill Warner". Unquote.

Doctor Bill Warner is just a human being and I am not his follower if he understands things wrongly. Sunnah is different from Hadith, Sunnah existed side by side with Quran and it never needed Hadith which was collected 250/300 years after Muhammad.

Regards

Notanumber

A Free Man

Doctor Bill Warner is just a human being and I am not his follower if he understands things wrongly. Sunnah is different from Hadith, Sunnah existed side by side with Quran and it never needed Hadith which was collected 250/300 years after Muhammad.

Regards

I can understand why moderate Muslims would rather not acknowledge what is written in Hadith.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Regards

Regards

Regards

Sahih Bukhari (which @England my lionheart quoted from) is part of the Sunnah. So please address that instead of trying to direct the argument away from it.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
What is interesting about the quran is its not in chronological order but if you split it into the ones written in mecca and the ones in medina/yathrib the meccan suras are quite peaceful but in medina became more violent and I think where "jihad" is mentioned for the first time.